How can I ignore a moderator?

MikeC

Closed Account
Apparently the ignore function does not work for moderators - ie there is no option to do so for normal posts. Can this be changed?

I don't personally agree with using the ignore feature - you never know when someone is going to either say something useful, or make a claim that you happen to have the correct information for.
When I do get incredibly annoyed I know it's probably best to not respond and just let it go.
So just let your mind go blank when you see their name and skip their post, ie, *actually* ignoring them. :)

I can still see people's responses to the ignored member's posts - so far I haven't seen anything to make me think I've made any mistakes.

And in the case I am thinking of I really haven't seen anything from the moderator that I can't live without even when it wasn't actual nonsense.

Apparently the ignore function does not work for moderators - ie there is no option to do so for normal posts. Can this be changed?

It´s dangerous to ignore a moderator. What would happen if in a long funny-cheating-kind-thread this Moderator would say "Stop cheating, stop being offtopic! From now on, everybody that do so will be banned for lifetime!!!"

... und you are stepping in this trap, just because you ignored him.

Use your biological-filtering-system between your ears - called "brain". And just doens´t read what you don´t want to read. This biological filtering system can be very powerfull as we see on the conpirancy-believing Peoples we are dealing with ;)

When I get frustrated here, I just take a little debunking vacation. I then come back ready to take stuff on. I get how you feel at times though Mike.

So y'all are suggesting that Mick should do away with the ignore button altogether??

Not me - just saying as I'm sort of a 'don't want to miss anything lurker', I would be missing out on current affairs.
And being annoyed at people on the internet can be kind of addictive, if not very healthy.
Do what you want - we all have a different expectation of the type of experience we want on this forum. Not being annoyed by idiots is a valid one. I like being annoyed, it strengthens my identity by defining the things I don't like. ;P

You liked this more than Fallout 3? I did enjoy it, but encountered far more nasty bugs (not the blastable kind)...

I agree on the bugs/crashing issue, but when you live in the area depicted, well there is some bias. I mean they just nailed the Southern Nevada feel, especially the locals attitude towards "invading" Californians.

Wow, I can imagine how that might be -- with the emphasis on "imagine", as I've never been to Vegas. I think I've let Fallout 3 take more of my limited time on this earth than any other game, though. Really enjoyed it: along with Red Dead Redemption, one of my favourite games of recent years.

Resident Evil 4 on the trusty purple GameCube remains my all-time favourite...

I can still see people's responses to the ignored member's posts -
Interesting. Having never put anyone on ignore, I didn't realise that clicking the ignore button would prevent the user from actually seeing the 'ignored' poster's posts and even more impressively the responses. I thought it would simply stop an alert being sent out concerning the ignored poster's post. Ingenious.

Last edited:
Just tried it. I put Mike on ignore and lo and behold... all his posts disappeared. Could still see the responses though. He's back again now as I don't like to ignore people.

You can't "ignore" moderators. Unfortunately you'd have to use the old fashioned wetware ignore technique instead.

The "ignore" feature is not perfect, but if someone is driven to ignore someone else then it usually means they would be getting into pointless arguments with them otherwise, so it's a bit of a cooling rod.

Back