Four Engines, Flying West over Sacramento

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
at 12:16PM PST (20:16 UTC) looking west from Shingle Springs. Did not show up on FR24 or Planefinder.
20161212-123706-k2wrk.jpg

Interesting visually asymmetric aerodynamic contrail - but I suspect that's just the angle, with a center portion lower than the outer trails.
20161212-124118-75jno.jpg

Very annoyed I did not catch it ten minutes earlier, as it's pretty unusual.

20161212-124343-5kyu3.jpg

I can't figure out what type of plane it is from this. Looks like a T-tail, but seem skinnier than a C-5 or C-17

Last edited:

MikeC

Closed Account
As a first approximation, the engines "look" a bit out sized vis a viz the fuselage - something I've always associated with re-engined KC-135s.....

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, maybe the T-Tail things is a bit of an illusion, if the vertical stabilizer is just lost in the haze due to lighting.
20161212-130023-3f11g.jpg

Spectrar Ghost

Senior Member.
Pretty sure it's a KC-135R. Maybe E-8 JSTARS, but that's far less likely. No, JSTARS have the old-style narrow jets. You'd probably see the belly fairing at this angle, too.

Last edited:

mik

For some reason my immediate reaction was a B-52 due to the seemingly narrow wing and something about the wingspan to tail ratio, but the more I look the less sure I am.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
For some reason my immediate reaction was a B-52 due to the seemingly narrow wing and something about the wingspan to tail ratio, but the more I look the less sure I am.

That was my first impression, particulalrly with this image:

But that's probably a trick of the light or atmospheric distortion, other photos look more conventional.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Metabunk is Four Years Old Site Feedback & News 16
M Need help debunking a picture [Four Jets in Formation, Leaving Contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 12
Mick West Four Types of Event Conspiracy Theory Practical Debunking 14
Jay Reynolds Debunked: Only Four Airliner Flights/Day over Mt. Shasta, CA Contrails and Chemtrails 36
Balance Taurus Molecular Cloud Generator - actually an oil field firefighter Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Marine0811 Plane trail at wings, none at engines? [Aerodynamic contrails, no flaps] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Dylmar Low flying plane leaving trails that don't come from the engines [Fuel dump, Continental flight 009] Contrails and Chemtrails 11
E Contrail formation temperature for piston engines? Contrails and Chemtrails 16
Mick West Gap between contrails and engines Contrails and Chemtrails 8
Mick West UFO Billboard in Montana Uses Photo of Identified Flying Object UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 4
Mick West Illusion of Contrail Asymmetry from Flying perpendicular to the Sun Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 0
Marine0811 Unknown flying insect or object Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 19
Mick West Sideways Flying UFO Hawk Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West A Plane Flying Across the Face of the Sun, with Contrails [Virgin Flight 353] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Yolo fish Demonstrating the curvature of the Earth by Flying in a "Straight Line" Near the Poles Flat Earth 33
Mick West Explained: Exmouth UFO Flying Saucer - Sunlit Contrail and Motion Blur Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 70
Trailspotter UFO with navigation lights, Drone or aircraft? [Low Flying FedEx 777] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
Provemewrong Explained: Why flying isn't impossible on a globe Flat Earth 106
Mick West Two Large Planes Flying Parallel, Chiloquin, OR. Is it Legal? Yes. Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Mick West Butterfly UFO - Things it Might Be, Like an EDF Flying Wing UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 17
Critical Thinker Debunked: Monsanto wants to replace the bees they are killing with genetically engineered flying ant General Discussion 5
Eyes_Open Debunked: Angels over Brazil [Hoax] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Joe 10 White "UFO" objects filmed flying over Japan UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 15
ĕrēmīta Low Flyer Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 16
Whitebeard Explained: Colorado Man Photographs Flying Jellyfish-Like ‘Critters’ [Water on Lens, Caustic Bokeh] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 17
StratMatt777 The Yellow Tailed DHL 747-8F that went over Redding is flying over WA Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Trailblazer Pair of jets flying in formation? [Two commercial flights] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Mick West Explained: Flying Carpet Rhombus-shaped Cloud in Exeter Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 23
Josh Heuer MH17: Russia Claims Ukranian military plane flying nearby before incident Flight MH17 121
Gridlock Why was MH17 Flying Over The Conflict Region? Flight MH17 102
zebra100 Businessman Claims he Saw ‘White Plane Image’ Under Water while Flying from Melbourn Flight MH370 0
WeedWhacker MH370: Report of Jet flying over Maldives Island Kudahuvadhoo Flight MH370 86
Mick West Two planes in Germany flying Racetrack patterns together [Likely Eurofighter Typhoon Practicing] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 9
R Flying back and forth Contrails and Chemtrails 29
Rroval Truman: "“I can assure you that flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by ..." Quotes Debunked 22
Fred259 WTC: Were the planes drones, how hard is flying a 767 into a building? 9/11 58
Charlie Primero Bush and Clinton Flying Cocaine into the U.S. Conspiracy Theories 0
Mick West Debunked: Holographic Circular Plane or Flying Saucer Leaving Chemtrails [Bokeh] Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Related Articles

Related Articles