Flight MH17 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting change of tune by Air India - seems like they were not aware that FlightRadar24, etc, would show everyone exactly where their plane was. They probably just did not want to alarm people.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Airlines-Flight-MH17/articleshow/38702536.cms

vooke

And probable data recorders found
http://rt.com/news/174204-ukraine-flight-recorders-plane/

Libertarian

Banned
Banned
Black Box recovery caught on tape:

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
So he uses the timestamp issues as well. But what experts proved they're a montage?

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
US embassy says the recordings are authentic.

More alleged recordings. Slightly more skeptical about these ones. Would they really be saying stuff like "Moscow wants to know... Moscow says...", seems a little weird.
Probably real though.

qed

Old but interesting.
guardian.com

Jason

More alleged recordings. Slightly more skeptical about these ones. Would they really be saying stuff like "Moscow wants to know... Moscow says...", seems a little weird.
Probably real though.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-purport-to-implicate-Russia-in-cover-up.html

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing Pete. Why in the world would they be talking like this on cell phones, especially after the news about them being recorded previously. But then I got to thinking, maybe all they get in that part of the world is Russian media. Russian media is implicating the Ukranian Government, so maybe the separatist have no idea whats going on in the western media.

Jason

Also it should be reported that the fighting started back up today during the morning news while I was watching CNN's Chris Cuomo. There are reports that the Russian Separatist that were present at the crash site had to leave to reinforce their fighters on the front line. You could see smoke rising in the background a few miles from him. It seems, or at least he's reporting that the Ukranians seem to be taking advantage of the situation since the Russians aren't sending help over the border with the ongoing investigation.

He also interviewed the Rebel Leader who adamantly denies they had anything to do with the plane being shot down; http://newday.blogs.cnn.com/2014/07...e-didnt-have-any-motive-to-target-this-plane/

Sgt.Tinfoil

Also it should be reported that the fighting started back up today during the morning news while I was watching CNN's Chris Cuomo.
Actually heavy fightings started just after the crash and Ukrainian Army started the biggest shellings of residental areas in the whole war.

Jason

Actually heavy fightings started just after the crash and Ukrainian Army started the biggest shellings of residental areas in the whole war.
Sorry but that video clip doesn't prove "Ukranians started the biggest shelling of the war" on residential areas after mh17 crashed. Honestly it looks like dirt was kicked up, like what you see when vehicles drive on dirt roads. I didn't hear shelling or explosions. No time stamp and its in Russian.

Sgt.Tinfoil

Sorry but that video clip doesn't prove Ukranians started the biggest shelling of the war on residential areas after mh17 crashed.
You are absolutely right. I should have not said that. I was just reading some news about the shellings to residental areas so to me it sounded like biggest ones this far.

Honestly it looks like dirt was kicked up, like what you see when vehicles drive on dirt roads.
Absolutely true. Then again we know that residental areas are being bombed so I will go with that and not for example dirtbike racers meetup.
These links might have GRAPHICAL CONTENT AND NOT SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE
http://ban.jo/News/Europe/20140718/Many-Killed-In-Lugansk-Shelling-Luhanska/

Josh Heuer

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...4-98ee-daea85133bc9_story.html?wpmk=MK0000205

Washington Post - rebels are handing over the black boxes to Malaysian authorities.

Although I can't imagine how much importance the black boxes will have (as opposed to, say, MH370's).

qed

There is something else interesting in Josh's link above.

Does anyone know if this is true? That the rocket could only be targeted with a radar outside of the Ukraine?

MikeC

Closed Account
Does anyone know if this is true? That the rocket could only be targeted with a radar outside of the Ukraine?

no it is not true - the Buk erector-launcher-and-radar (TELAR - Transporter Erector And Radar) is the middle vehicle below, and the smooth bit in front of the missiles is radar that has a short-medium range independent search/control function.

From the Russian wiki page (translated in google):

And from the FAS page on the SA-11 missile system:

Most of the photos seem to show a cloth cover over something that closely resembles that radome on the front of the TELAR

MikeC

Closed Account
They will have seals in place to indicate tampering. It is certainly possible to do so - but seems very unlikely that anyone would have the technical knowhow to make any meaningful changes, let alone restore the apparent integrity of the unit.

However destroying the evidence by exposure to strong electro-magnetic fields may be a possibility at any level of expertise.

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
However destroying the evidence by exposure to strong electro-magnetic fields may be a possibility at any level of expertise.
The Walter White school of destroying evidence.

You would think if they were smart enough to successfully tamper with it, they would be smart enough not to have shot down the wrong plane.

Jason

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/22/world/europe/ukraine-malaysia-airlines-crash/

I think we might start to see a change in rhetoric from Russia over the course of the next few days and the recent remarks by Russian Ambassador to the UN is proof of that. Vitaly Churkin states that if the reports of the pro-Russian recorded conversations are true then it shows that it wasn't an act of terrorism because they honestly believed it was a military plane.

WeedWhacker

The Washington Post:

Flight 17: U.S. builds case against rebels, Russia in downing of jet in Ukraine

(My bold emphasis)

Jason

It's being reported that the Pro Russian Rebels are responsibile for "sawing" the cockpit in half. It isn't yet clear why they would do such a thing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/07/22/ukraine-mh17-bodies-russia/12981325/

Jason

CNN is also reporting live on the TV that the original report of 282 bodies on the "morgue" trains is an exaggerated number. By their accounts from what they are being told there were only 200 bodies on the train, which means there is still about 100 bodies missing. I hope for the sake of these families that the bodies get recovered, and sooner than later since it's summer in that region of the world. The bodies will begin to break down and decompose rather quickly in the summer heat.

Jason

Black Boxes arrived in the UK. Any idea how long the world will wait to hear whats on those recorders? Investigators said it will take several weeks to review the recorders. On another note the Safety Board said it will conduct two additional probes: "an investigation into the decision-making for flight routes and an investigation into the availability of passenger lists."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/23/world/europe/ukraine-malaysia-airlines-crash/

WeedWhacker

Investigators said it will take several weeks to review the recorders.
This is standard procedure. ALL such instances of FDR and CVR data review proceed in a very stringent, well-defined manner. We are a society of "HAVE IT NOW!"...but, this takes time, and protocols will be followed.

David Fraser

Senior Member.
Black Boxes arrived in the UK. Any idea how long the world will wait to hear whats on those recorders? Investigators said it will take several weeks to review the recorders. On another note the Safety Board said it will conduct two additional probes: "an investigation into the decision-making for flight routes and an investigation into the availability of passenger lists."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/23/world/europe/ukraine-malaysia-airlines-crash/
An item on BBC News said they will be passing the data to the Dutch within 48 hours, although some voice recording has been passed already.

WeedWhacker

An item on BBC News said they will be passing the data to the Dutch within 48 hours, although some voice recording has been passed already.
Yes, but I think @Jason was asking about when it would be public.

That will take some time. (Unless leaked, of course).

Although the NTSB is not 'directly' involved here, this is an example of their handbook of protocols:
https://www.ntsb.gov/doclib/manuals/FDR_Handbook.pdf

I expect that all other ICAO nations adopt a similar scheme.

Jason

Here's a photo of one of the FDR's, and I just wanted to point out something that I didn't know could happen. This FDR is missing the transponder if you look at the top right portion of the picture. Typically, there would be a white tubular thing that sits in that O'ring which sends out a radio signal so it can be discovered. Investigators said this doesn't happen very often but it's not uncommon if the FDR housing suffers damage.

In the bottom photo you can see two FDR's, one with the transponder tube, and the other without.

Trailspotter

Senior Member.
This news just appeared on a few Russian language sites. Here is the English version:

REUTERS: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile

Jason

This news just appeared on a few Russian language sites. Here is the English version:

REUTERS: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
Does this mean the Russians are getting ready to admit the rebels did this with their weapons?

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
Not directly related. But there have been a couple of suspect videos that have popped up here reported to show the missile launch or strike. They might fall into this category.
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/m17-scams.shtml

Jason

The telegraph is reporting that Journalist are starting to get arrested in the area where MH 17 went down. Reporters without borders are asking the Pro Russians and Kiev government to allow journalist to report without fear of getting arrested, so I don't know if it only entails the accident site or conflict zones.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor.../MH17-plane-crash-July-24-as-it-happened.html

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Just in Dutch news: Research Black box confirms missile impact.

View attachment 8168
That is misreporting what happened. The investigators describe it as "consistent with missile blast". They are just repeating the CBS story here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-17-black-box-findings-consistent-with-blast/
Of course a missile seems like by far the most likely thing based on available information. But it has not been conclusively confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West MH17: Video of flight activity before and after the crash Flight MH17 32
Agent K Serpentine flight pattern over Los Angeles Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 18
Leifer USS Ford : leaked footage of UFO seen on flight deck [CGI] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 4
Priyadi Antipodal Flight Flat Earth 18
Mick West Explained: Jet Chasing UFO: X-45A and F/A-18B Formation Flight Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Mick West Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 and 9/11's United Flight 93 9/11 6
Mendel Debunked: Air Map of the World 1945 is a flat Earth map Flat Earth 0
G Flight data for Flights 11 and 175 9/11 4
Mick West Inexperienced Pilot Recreating 9/11 Flight 77's Descending Turn into the Pentagon 9/11 30
inkwell American Airlines Flight 77 Missing from Bureau of Transportation Departure Report 9/11 12
inkwell American Airlines Flight 77 Aircraft Accident Package lists no. of Passengers/Fatalies as "Unknown" Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Explaining the 9/11 Murray St Engine from Flight 175 (N612UA) that hit WTC2 9/11 14
Mick West Halifax, NS: Regularly Spaced Gaps in Contrails [Ethiopian Flight 501] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 47
Whitebeard 'Strange' Flight Path on FR24 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
Mick West A Plane Flying Across the Face of the Sun, with Contrails [Virgin Flight 353] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
V Flight 93 Crash Physics - Fragmented Plane Buried in the Ground 9/11 10
TEEJ Contrails filmed from commercial flight over the Irish Sea - 6th May 2017 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Clouds Givemethewillies UK Flight Reporting 115,000 feet Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
psilyguy Flight Tracking Over Oceans and Emergency Landings Flat Earth 27
Trailblazer Jet Airways intercept video "UFO" (airliner, flight LH998 or LH66?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
Trailblazer Identified: linear clouds seen from Virgin Australia flight ['morning glory'] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Marin B Flight Radar 24 glitch? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Mick West Explained: Chilean Navy "UFO" video - Aerodynamic Contrails, Flight IB6830 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 186
TWCobra A Flight over the Antarctic Sea Ice From Chile to Australia (QF28) Flat Earth 23
Mick West Relative Humidity at Flight Altitudes. Resources and Contrail prediction. Contrails and Chemtrails 11
steve holmes I'd appreciate help IDing this very odd contrail flight Contrails and Chemtrails 12
steve holmes I'm trying to ID the flight for this old photo of mine, Feb 19, 2014 5:25 pm Contrails and Chemtrails 5
steve holmes I can't ID this flight of Oct 5th [Alaska 577] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Whitebeard EgyptAir flight MS804 Current Events 52
skephu Horizon Air Dash 8 making many circles from Seattle Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
c.eileen Help to ID a plane? [N90 - FAA Flight Inspection Aircraft] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 30
Trailblazer Unusual flight paths over SW England Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 12
JFDee New fuel dump "chemtrail" video [Munich, Thai Airways Flight 925] Contrails and Chemtrails 33
Mick West Flat Earth Theory Debunked by Short Flights (QF27 & QF28) From Australia to South America Flat Earth 276
TEEJ Belfast Observer Skywatch claiming that airliners do not appear on Flight Radar 24 - 10th March 2015 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Trailspotter Omega loop contrail over Toronto: Veni Vidi Volavi?.. [Likely Bombardier Test Flight from Montreal] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 27
TEEJ Gary Cameron Clydebank, Scotland Video, 1st May 2015- Claim of aircraft not being on Flight Radar 24 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
Mick West HAL47 and HAL9981 Two Hawaiian Flights Diverted to Oakland Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Efftup Issue with Flight Radar 24? General Discussion 10
Igrokush1 Plane with Yellow Tail over Redding, CA [Polar Air Cargo Flight] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 119
Mick West Flight BOE1 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Mick West Hoax: Fuel Dump video on Facebook [Flight BA244 from Buenos Aires to London] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 181
WeedWhacker Build your own ADS-B Ground Station! For free premium FlightAware or FlightRadar service General Discussion 12
Mick West Solved: Portsmouth UK, "Alien Flight Path" UFO Contrail [Private Jet + Perspective] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
Mick West N22387 Zig-Zig flight path near Sacramento [LIDAR data collection] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
C 9/11 P4T FDR analysis of flight 77 9/11 26
Qualiall Air Algerie Flight AH5017 carrying 116 disappears from radar General Discussion 10
M 9/11 flight Simulations: United 175 9/11 8
Josh Heuer Flight mh370 independent group's new search location Flight MH370 8
M Need help debunking this [Low Altitude Survey Flight] Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Related Articles

Related Articles