Elizondo Claims DoD Have A 50-Feet-Away Photo & 23 Minute Video

LorentzHall

51 minutes 15 seconds (embedding is disabled by uploader)

If he's telling the truth, this would seem to be far outside the "low information zone". Wonder if we'll ever see the image & video surface.

I know people here hate the whole "oh there is evidence, but it's classified" argument. But let's be real. If there was compelling evidence, it would be classified on the grounds of national security.

Of course, Elizondo could be lying.

Last edited:
Too speculative to engage in any educated discussion.

But I would not discount the LIZ quite so hastily. LIZ can result from so many things. For something to be 50 feet away in poor visibility, and/or fast whizzing by / being whizzed by fast, and/or with a camera out of focus, and/or using suboptimal instrumentation for that particular sighting, could very well fall within LIZ.

An F/A-18 is ~ 60 feet long. and 46 feet wide

To say they photographed a UFO 50 feet away means it was basically right on them, a distance of another f/A-18 from the wing.
They would probably be able to wave at ET as they peered through the window.

what I'm saying is that if they had that picture , the UAPTF report would not be saying what it did . It would be saying ET confirmed

An F/A-18 is ~ 60 feet long. and 46 feet wide

To say they photographed a UFO 50 feet away means it was basically right on them, a distance of another f/A-18 from the wing.
They would probably be able to wave at ET as they peered through the window.

what I'm saying is that if they had that picture , the UAPTF report would not be saying what it did . It would be saying ET confirmed

Good point on the UAPTF report. By the way, has even Elizondo said in any interview that these are clear shots with high resolution? One would think he would stress the point. And maybe they really are.

As to LIZ, a nearby object may still be small. Night, cloud, little light emitted by the object, and speed can rudely send even a nearby object into the dark realm of Mordor (LIZ).

Thanks @JetPac. Elizondo first mentions that the three released videos (which, interestingly, were released by him in cahoots with Mellon) were the least compelling. That's an interesting disconnect since Mellon had earlier said that the GIMBAL video is the most compelling they had. Here's how Elizondo continues (a quick transcription of the clip you shared and uploaded before the Pentagon report):

"There’s videos and photographs and reporting that I’ve been privy to that are extremely compelling . . . This is why I’m so concerned now about the recent revelations that the Pentagon has deleted or destroyed my files, because there were documents in it, a very comprehensive share-folder, that we had that was, you know, pretty incredible. I mean, there were some very high-definition high-fidelity videos in there that when you looked at it you realize that, hey, you know, that that’s not one of our aircraft."

- Luis Elizondo

If I were to release material from my secret share-folder that would prove aliens, I would release the most compelling ones first. I guess Mick's demystification of the leaked videos was so convincing and surprising even to Elizondo that all of a sudden more compelling ones have appeared inside Elizondo's secret share-folder, which has conveniently regrettably been deleted by the Pentagon.

I'm not trying to be an obtuse cynic here who is dead against alternative explanations. But there's really two ways to interpret Elizondo. Either (1) the Pentagon is lying in its recent report while withholding high-definition footage of alien craft. Or (2) Elizondo is, after the fact, bending the truth just enough to save his own rear end.

I'm not trying to be an obtuse cynic here who is dead against alternative explanations. But there's really two ways to interpret Elizondo. Either (1) the Pentagon is lying in its recent report while withholding high-definition footage of alien craft. Or (2) Elizondo is, after the fact, bending the truth just enough to save his own rear end.
I have a feeling it's #2.

51 minutes 15 seconds (embedding is disabled by uploader)
you can get a good starting point for a transcript for a video by using a service like downsub.com to download the subtitles

49:42
Lou: you know the problem is that this battle isn't over
we won a major battle with the report coming out
the UAP report, it was historic
like you said,
in the very first sentence of the very first paragraph it says this is a preliminary report
that means there's other reports, you know
congratulations, you won, you got it, right?
and then it said that there were 144 incidents and only one they were able to identify
and by the way, that was only in the last year and a half
it was from november 2019 and forward
and by the way, it only involved the navy, right, so yeah
so people say well there was one from the Nimitz, okay

Sean: that equipment sucks or

Lou: this is well
so you've got a lot of stuff happening, right
so you know, we're just now starting this journey together

Sean: yeah, you know, it is kind of overwhelming for a lot of people
but i'll tell you,
the message is getting out there in the right way
and the way that I kind of uh evaluate that is talking to my wife
because she's not very into this stuff
so not that she's not against it
we did see something together
but she's not like me, she doesn't have a podcast
but the news comes on, they talk about the report
I come home later, ask her about it, what was your takeaway?
and she says, well, I guess they only identified one out of what a hundred something
and I'm like, yes, ...

Lou: right

Sean: ... that's exactly right, honey

51:07
Lou: exactly
by the way, some of these things were really really close
so you know, you tell me

Sean: wow that's crazy yeah
oh, when are we going to see that 50 foot away pic

Lou: oh man, that's not up to me, but yeah
there's a couple there that will rattle you pretty good
um yeah, there's one
I won't go into detail, but the video is about 23 minutes long
it's pretty good, man
gotta get that popcorn and some 3d glasses
and maybe some some coca-cola or something

Sean: and a diaper?

Lou: yeah perhaps

Sean: would you get one of these things and fly around town if you could?
Content from External Source
So, from context:

- the "50 foot away picture" claim doesn't come from Elizondo, I don't think Elizondo takes that literally in his response

- that a "23 minute video" exists is Elizondo's own information

@JetPac please edit your posts so that they can actually be quoted (do not put your own contributions in quote tags)
and please do not post bare links that require people to click these links

12:19
Curt: you mentioned fidelity
and a question that's been brought up by quite a few people (i don't have a single username to single out) is,
are there videos, pictures, that you've seen, that are not so grainy, not so far away, but instead up close, exact, let's say,
such that someone who is on the fence about this issue would no longer be on the fence?

12:38
Luis: yeah, and i think you're seeing that with Congress
I mean there's videos and photographs from reporting that I've been privy to that are extremely compelling
I've said for the record that the three videos that have come out, as interesting as they are, they're probably the least compelling of the ones that, you know, we had,
and this is why I'm so concerned about now the recent revelations that the pentagon has deleted or destroyed my emails and my files
because there were documents in a very comprehensive shared folder that we had that was, you know, pretty incredible
i mean there was some some very high definition, high fidelity videos in there, that, when you looked at it, you realize, hey, you know, that's not one of our aircraft
Elizondo confirms that they have "high definition videos" that show something that is not one of "our" (US government) aircraft

which means it could be a HD video (1080p) of a balloon or Venus or a cruise missile or a bokeh of a foreign country's passenger jet, and that statement would still be completely true

you can still have blurry blobs on 1080p video

Last edited:
@JetPac again
yep there does appear to be a growing theme now of back peddling regarding the significance placed on the 3 released videos. Some indication of that here alongside the other current theme of responding to the attack from Greer. 24:18
Luis Elizondo Clubhouse Chat - July 7, 2021

23:30
Q: one of the things I wanted to mention, a few weeks ago there was this long marathon room that Eric Weinstein had created, concerning the New York Times article and the run-up to the DNI report
and, you know, there was maybe upwards of a thousand people in this room, Lou,
and there were a lot of folks that were, like, heads of astrophysics departments, and a lot of folks from the academy, scientists,
and I noticed that the scientific community (in some instances) is having a rough time metabolizing these kind of changes
and this new information that has really started to come out since december 2017 when AATIP was revealed and when you came out
one of the things that the scientists are suggesting is that the data that's in the public sphere is just so limited, and it's just fuzzy blurs, and there's never really been an exhaustive analysis of the data
and I just wanted to ask you, when you were part of AATIP, could you speak to the number of analysts and scientists and the kind of kinds of minds that you had access access to and analyzing this information, just to kind of set the record straight, because ...?

24:54
Luis: yeah, well, first of all let me say empirically that the videos that you see now are probably some of the least compelling videos that we had access to
these are the ones that could be released fairly easily because they didn't provide any sources or methods
but we've got videos that are that are extraordinarily compelling
and the fact that congress is now taking this seriously should be an indicator that that these videos have been provided to some of those members
so if you're looking at just a couple (you know) fuzzy grainy videos, and you're trying to make a conclusion off of that,
I hate to say it, but you're mistaken, that was never the intent of those videos
those videos were just provided to get the conversation going,
so you knew that your government was looking at this topic,
it was never intended to be like, aha, there's the silver bullet
no, that's the "aha, there's the silver bullet" that we're taking it seriously
but there's other videos that are far far far more more
that have much more fidelity

25:55
Q: can you describe those videos?

Luis: I got to be careful, you know, because I don't want to reveal sources and methods
I have not -- the government has not released those videos yet
for whatever reason that they have
and so therefore, you know, I have to honor that,
but there are far more compelling videos
and yes, we had an entire inter-agency (if you will) group of people
that were dedicated into trying to to figure this this out
this was a a very significant issue
and those people are still looking at this topic
so again, you know, I want to be careful, and warn people, look,
if you're just looking at a couple videos online, you're probably missing the point
there's much more to this, and I think that's what, you know, ultimately, what we're trying to do here
and the government has become increasingly forthcoming
so the good news is that it's working, you know
again i have to be careful,
but we had members from the entire intelligence community that were looking at these videos and providing the necessary expertise
and they've all said the same thing,
that these things are real, and we don't know what they are
they're not artifacts of the camera
they're not a some sort of weird anomaly, weather anomaly, these are real things
and these are real things that are in our our atmosphere and that we can record and we can measure
and that's where we are right now with this conversation
like i said before, look, we're not at the beginning of the end of this conversation
we're probably at the beginning of the beginning,
and I know that's frustrating for a lot of people
but you know again part of the problem is that in the community, the ufo community
they've kind of set themselves up for failure
because they have for whatever reason come up with these narratives, you know,
preconceived narratives of what this is about
and the fact that it's not falling neatly within some of those narratives, you know,
is creating a little heartburn for some folks
and what my recommendation would be
is to just, you know, sit back, relax, settle down for a little bit
and, you know, let let the conversation happen
this is not instant gratification and about satisfying people's idle curiosity
this is a conversation that includes national security
this is a conversation that includes perhaps one of the greatest enigmas that our our species has has faced since since we crawled out of the cave
working on these transcripts, I get the feeling that if you took a shot every time Elizondo says "you know" you'd be drunk at the end of any of his interviews :D

Last edited:
(Luis)
but we had members from the entire intelligence community that were looking at these videos and providing the necessary expertise
and they've all said the same thing,
that these things are real, and we don't know what they are
they're not artifacts of the camera
they're not a some sort of weird anomaly, weather anomaly, these are real things
and these are real things that are in our our atmosphere and that we can record and we can measure

So according to Lue, they concluded, all of them, that it was found to be NOT camera related? And that it was definitely not weather phenomena? Hmm, why do we have a bunch of videos then that all look suspiciously easily explained?

Fishy smells everywhere IMO. I think we are all being played with.

Last edited:
I find it amusing we have Lue's email (via FOIA) asking for the Navy videos to be released. You'd think if this 23 minute video or closeup photo existed he would have asked for those to be released as well.

Let's not forget he has recently stated he's working as a "contractor" for the government in some capacity.

Lou reached out to Alex Dietrich for the first time on August 30th 2017
Lou had sent out a letter of resignation allegedly , saying his resignation was effective Oct 4th 2017

So he must have contacted Alex just days before sending out his resignation letter.

One of the best cases of a possible alien UFO encounter, and the AATIP director after 9 years only reaches out to Alex as he is walking out the door?

Makes no sense to me

I find it amusing we have Lue's email (via FOIA) asking for the Navy videos to be released. You'd think if this 23 minute video or closeup photo existed he would have asked for those to be released as well.

The 3 Navy videos were never classified though.

Elizondo's implication is that the 50ft image & 23 minute videos are classified.

Elizondo's implication is that the 50ft image & 23 minute videos are classified.

Fair point about the Navy videos. Although, I would find it rather curious for Elizondo to specifically describe classified material when he's been so hesitant to even acknowledge anything that may threaten his much lauded supposed "security clearance" in the past though.

Since his arrival on the scene Elizondo has wanted to play both sides of the coin. On one hand he wants everyone to believe he has a good idea about what may be going on but the government hasn't quite figured it out and isn't taking it seriously. He needs our help to convince them to go all in on investigating spooky UFO encounters so we can find the truth. Trust the government! On the other hand, he wants everyone to believe he had the keys to the golden file cabinet. He's seen the evidence. He knows 'the others' are real and they're right under our nose. He just needs us peons to pester the government enough to convince them it's time for Disclosure. Don't trust the government!

It's nonsense meant to keep people talking. The bigger question, for me, is why. I don't believe Elizondo is generating much revenue from this stuff. Maybe he really is a true believer and just finds the topic interesting, who knows.

do we have another source that this image exists? because the source given by you in the OP does not really show that, the interviewer claims it exists (phrased like a joke?), but I don't think Elizondo confirms this properly

the "23 minutes" is Elizondo's number, the "50 ft" is not

It's more a matter of suspiciously convenient timing for Elizondo offering new specs.

Yes, Elizondo has always (read: since 2017) said there's more material but it's classified. But he was initially somewhat credulously impressed by even the first three Navy videos he released. Otherwise he wouldn't have released them.

As soon as they were released, the normal (imo, well-founded) skeptical human reaction about UFO sightings always being unimpressive and grainy quickly reached him. So Lou moved goal posts responded early on by stressing that the three are not the most compelling ones, but that's all he can say. The tune started to change a little. However, he's held all along that the three demonstrate non-human feats of flight. At least until Mick caught him, this year, in his own interview, making simple errors of video analysis and misconstruing the footage showcasing such feats.

As Mick's analysis drew more spotlight and convinced more and more people, Elizondo began offering further details. Now there was "rattling" and "compelling" "high-definition" footage, a 50-ft-away UAP and a 23-minute video, which he never previously detailed. He could still have left it at that (still tangentially believable) state. But Lou further spiced up his story by 'secret share-folders' which the 'Pentagon has deleted' according to 'recent revelations'. That's when it started to sound way too thick, and way too convenient, to be the unadulterated and simple truth. Lou's story clearly evolves.

Lou also knew the Pentagon report was about to be released in what he called a "watered down" version, effectively undermining his claims. So yes, you could still claim he was just being an honest whistle-blower driven by a secret of global import, alerting the public about the USG withholding epoch-making evidence. Or then 'whistle-blower' is just his go-to veneer behind which he can hide the embarrassing fact that he, a former Pentagon UAP investigator and intelligence operator, got caught for gullibility. I can't really blame him for the latter either. It's a tight spot to be at, but one that he did pave for himself.

By the way, the Associated Press was told that the only videos shown during the classified briefing were the leaked footage. So the claim advanced by some ufologists that certain Members of Congress were "gobsmacked" by other, more compelling, footage withheld from the general public seems unfounded. Another after-the-fact twist in the storytelling when the unclassified NDI report proved such a turn-off.

The moral of the story: Evolving stories demonstrate belief that precedes evidence. Belief which selectively and creatively seeks confirmation from wherever it can get it.

And there's still the fact that Mellon had earlier said the GIMBAL was the most compelling they had.

Too many discrepancies to adopt an unquestioning attitude towards Lou's words and instead blame the Pentagon for dishonesty.

Last edited:
do we have another source that this image exists? because the source given by you in the OP does not really show that, the interviewer claims it exists (phrased like a joke?), but I don't think Elizondo confirms this properly

the "23 minutes" is Elizondo's number, the "50 ft" is not

I agree, Elizondo is vague in the OP interview. I did hear him talk about the 50-foot-away UAP footage in another interview. But I forgot which. Will try to dig it up.

OK, found one.

Source: https://twitter.com/gadinbc/status/1363234472880050177

Q: Are these 3 videos the only videos that you know of that the United States government has that shows unidentified aerial phenomenon?

Elizondo: No, absolutely not. [cut]
These are probably some of the least compelling videos. [cut]
Some cases, you know, we've seen these things fifty feet away from the cockpit.
This clip is highly edited.

Without seeing the full interview giving the full context, I'm sceptical that the "50 feet" refers to a video or a photograph, it could just be eyewitness testimony. And this source does not mention a photograph.

Source: https://twitter.com/gadinbc/status/1363234472880050177

Q: Are these 3 videos the only videos that you know of that the United States government has that shows unidentified aerial phenomenon?

Elizondo: No, absolutely not. [cut]
These are probably some of the least compelling videos. [cut]
Some cases, you know, we've seen these things fifty feet away from the cockpit.
This clip is highly edited.

Without seeing the full interview giving the full context, I'm sceptical that the "50 feet" refers to a video or a photograph, it could just be eyewitness testimony.

Very possible.

@Mendel

Someone should dig up a source, and good lick with that, given how many interviews Lou has done.
But I believe he has said that there is a pic 50ft from the cockpit a couple of times.
But a source is needed, can't trust memories

@Mendel

Someone should dig up a source, and good lick with that, given how many interviews Lou has done.
But I believe he has said that there is a pic 50ft from the cockpit a couple of times.
But a source is needed, can't trust memories

On Joe Rogan's podcast (124:14) Christopher Mellon discusses video that sounds like one of the East coast near-misses:

Rogan: What video that you've seen is the most compelling that's been released, and have you seen anything that hasn't been released that's more compelling?

Mellon: One of the ones that hasn't been released [has] got more emotional impact, certainly. [...] The ufo is going really close to this guy and he's freaking out, for good reason [...] That doesn't mean the object was necessarily a super-advanced craft, he's going so fast maybe it was actually moving slowly and hanging there and he went by it super fast, but his perception was that something was coming real fast at him going right between him and another guy [...] It doesn't resolve any of these issues but it's pretty compelling. There's something like that, long those lines.
That's pretty much all I can remember off the top of my head. Maybe that's what Elizondo's talking about.

Last edited:
You all missed massive truths. Luis clearly states multiple times through 'Unidentified' that he "Is now part of a major disinformation campaign". Is it not strange that this old footage surfaces now and not with the others? Either S3 is around the corner and he is attracting viewers or really this is all about the US government getting the all clear to create weapons that can be deployed from space. They cant justify it for the Russians...but ETs?? 'Space Force' want Space tech.

Notice how the '23 minute footage' article throughout the internet is an exact copy on every website. Look at the huge number of identical articles across hundreds of site with strange and BS URLs. Its abnormal. Search 'Pentagon 23 minute footage' and see for yourself. Somethings not right here.

Notice how the '23 minute footage' article throughout the internet is an exact copy on every website. Look at the huge number of identical articles across hundreds of site with strange and BS URLs. Its abnormal. Search 'Pentagon 23 minute footage' and see for yourself. Somethings not right here.
2021-07-24_13-28-00.jpg

Just seems like the usual UK tabloids to me. They feed off each other.

Somethings not right here.
Every conspiracy theory scene is an echo chamber, and you're seeing the echoes.
The single known source for this claim is Elizondo; as long as there isn't even a second independent source, the information is not worth anything.

And even if such a video existed, we still wouldn't know what's on it - it may be just as much of a dud as the videos we already know.

Discard much of what Louis Elizondo says. To the stars Academy took all the donations and very little surfaced, except a convincing UAP to some that was compared with a ballon manafacturer and it looked like a big silver flying dildo. So much money to be made from the gullible.!

Hi,

New to the forum.

I flew F14s out of Virginia for several years and have been an airline pilot for the last 22 years.

Let me share a couple observations.

Military aircraft and radars are not perfect. We get "false' targets all the time. Birds, balloons, electronic glitch, rain, water in the radome, a fault in the antenna... all kinds of stuff can cause that.

Objects like balloons are nearly impossible to tell what size or distance they are by looking at them from the cockpit.

Navy pilots are not "Trained Observers". I keep hearing that term in the media and not only do I not know that it means, I never received any training in "Observing" as a Navy fighter pilot. We did receive training in enemy aircraft recognition. That was about it.

Attached is a photo of a balloon I took from the cockpit at around 7000' near Sao Paulo, Brazil. They send up balloons like this all the time for celebrations and soccer games. I have seen them up at 18,000' and even at night with fireworks coming off them. I had a very close encounter with a mylar balloon at 28,000' near LA and it appeared to whiz by the cockpit at very highspeed.

Balloon1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the same Lue Elizondo who was gushing over the 'speed' of the Go Fast object, along with several 'experts', in the Unidentified series that was instigated by the same Tom DeLonge who posted a Tweet of a CGI object as proof of UFOs.

My hopes are not high that any of them would recognise a barn door at 50 feet.....let alone an alien spacecraft.

As a veteran of the ridiculous "Chemtrail" wars, I'm pretty jaded
at the ol' "No seriously, we're about to drop amazing evidence"
which predictably gets delayed countless times...and upon it's eventual
anti-climactic release, turns out to be yet another Nothingburger.
I see little reason to expect Elizondo to ever actually deliver...
esp. if he can continue to garner attention with the "least compelling"
material...

Hi,

New to the forum.

I flew F14s out of Virginia for several years and have been an airline pilot for the last 22 years.

Let me share a couple observations.

Military aircraft and radars are not perfect. We get "false' targets all the time. Birds, balloons, electronic glitch, rain, water in the radome, a fault in the antenna... all kinds of stuff can cause that.

Objects like balloons are nearly impossible to tell what size or distance they are by looking at them from the cockpit.

Navy pilots are not "Trained Observers". I keep hearing that term in the media and not only do I not know that it means, I never received any training in "Observing" as a Navy fighter pilot. We did receive training in enemy aircraft recognition. That was about it.

Attached is a photo of a balloon I took from the cockpit at around 7000' near Sao Paulo, Brazil. They send up balloons like this all the time for celebrations and soccer games. I have seen them up at 18,000' and even at night with fireworks coming off them. I had a very close encounter with a mylar balloon at 28,000' near LA and it appeared to whiz by the cockpit at very highspeed.

Balloon1.jpg

@Leekster - Welcome, and thanks for your input. Very helpful.

Are you familiar with the "Tic Tac/Nimitz Encounter" from 2004? If so, do you have any opinion on what the visual Fravor & Dietrich saw might have been?

Or perhaps you're familiar with Ryan Graves saying his squad saw strange objects on radar everyday for years off the Atlantic coast?

Here is a link to the 60 Minutes piece from May of this year that seemed to really kick this UFO flap into high gear. It presents the broad strokes of Graves, Fravor & Dietrich's experiences if you're unfamiliar:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBtMbBPzqHY

Thanks again for your input!

Last edited:
Back