Debunkers, Skeptics and Conspiracists: Where are you on the political compass?

Wow? Wasn't expecting that... Seems like I'm alot like Francois Hollande... is that a bad thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm just barely a "lefty".

Interesting that if you know someone pretty well, you can guess fairly close to their correct test Q's.......then get a result.
Actually I know I'm in the middle...
Abortion is ok with me, yet I am "adopted"....a contradiction (I could have been aborted quite easily).
I believe in the death penalty, but I believe prison rehabilitation is important. (criminal deed scale)
I believe all people are equal, but believe in secure borders. (loyalty, ownership, and adherence to law.)

I agree. I feel like I could/would get a completely different result each time I took the test...I took it again this morning and ended up in the green- must have been in a bad mood yesterday :)
So pepes have been messing with their graphs to humanise themselves...:) Shoulda posted the 2nd and left the first as a Legend as it doesn't scan right now. Same with Landru, I wondered WTF was going on when his became the same as mine!!

But it is really interesting how we are all inline with Nelson and the Delhi Lama and all the polititions are out on their own (even the so called lefties), up in the authoritarian and mostly well on the right.

Had to try it. Looks like I'm all alone on the right side.
The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03

pcgraphpng.png

Would have been interesting if I made it to the center. Everything in moderation, except satire... then you can go back and forth to the edge of every box and every category while thinking that you're in the center and above it all. Fun times.

Hi Jordan. I'd actually expected a bit more of left/right economic spread from the skeptical crowd. It's not surprising that there are very few authoritarians, but I'd expected a few more free-market types.

What is odd to me, is that I ended up one of the most Libertarian and Liberal folks here, by that test.

Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54
upload_2013-8-11_10-7-31.png

The Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.82

Economic Left/Right: -8.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

Well golly. My answers were not without their caveats - I'd allow a generous margin of error here.

Hi I am brand new here, but here are my results...

Doing what I can to help balance out this left-wing cesspool ;)

Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Happy to say I fall on the Libretarian Spectrum (But I knew that):

Libertarians
9% OF THE PUBLIC

What They Believe
  • Economically very conservative but moderate to liberal on social issues
  • Highly critical of government
  • Strongly pro-business
  • Accepting of homosexuality
  • Less religious than the average American
  • Moderate views about immigrants compared to other GOP-oriented groups
Who They Are
  • Strong Republican-orientation, though a majority identify as independents
  • Affluent: 39% have incomes of $75,000 or more
  • Two-thirds are male
  • 85% are non-Hispanic whites
  • About seven-in-ten (71%) have attended college
  • About half as likely as the two strongest GOP groups to attend church weekly
  • 56% use social networking sites
  • 36% trade stocks

I see ten people with the same image: JRBids, Oxymoron, Landru, FreiZeitGeist, SR1419, Met Watch, Pete Tar, Joe Newman, Mattnick and blargo...

URL of that image is https://www.metabunk.org/metamirror_cache/politicalcompass.org_facebook_pcgraphpng.php
Doesn't seem a local issue with my computer since the URLs are the same in the page source. The comments indicate that the images were not the same at the time they were posted. Did the last part of the attachment name (the "?ec=-5.50&soc=-3.74" bit) get lost on the server at some stage or is google page-speed service messing up? or was the way attachments are handled changed for for compatibility reasons and did they get lost in conversion? (last identical image was posted Juli 21)

I think left/right politics to be a bit of a mind-trick and some of the questions are very badly worded but this is the result I got.

I think left/right politics to be a bit of a mind-trick and some of the questions are very badly worded but this is the result I got.

Look about right for a "smallest government" advocate, you favor personal freedom, and you are against most, but not all, forms of market restrictions.

Last edited:
Some of the questions in there were written in such a misleading way I'm not surprised most turned out to be lefties. The state is an extension of the market system, they are not separate, and they are both outdated concepts that cannot solve our problems, human well being is certainly not a priority for the state. If anyone's interested in real change, using the scientific method, pick up books by Jack Catran, Skinner, Korzybski, Fresco, Stuart Chase. The money system has to go, along with our language and our arbitrary decision making process.

I doubt the makers of the test were thinking of Cheney, Rumsfeld and the executives of W R Grace when they asked if you thought some criminals were unredeemable and worthy of death.

Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23

Expected myself to be more towards the anarchist direction, but I guess I'm not there yet. Btw, what the hell does the art question has to do with politics lol?

Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23

Expected myself to be more towards the anarchist direction, but I guess I'm not there yet. Btw, what the hell does the art question has to do with politics lol?

Looks pretty anarchist to me. The economic right in this spectrum is unregulated free markets. The Libertarian is unregulated society.

Last edited:
My wife unhooked my gear to grab space for a Xmas party. My Apple keyboard has taken offense, I've had to hook up my IBM remote keyboard and now I can't manipulate images or copy text.

So my co-ordinates are 2 from the left and 4 up from the bottom.

In the current terms:

Economic Left/Right: -8.0

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.0

It explains why I'm so broke. Must get a divorce and all my financial problems will go away. Meanwhile I must change my signature for one less apt. :)

Attachments

• upload_2013-12-21_16-46-25.png
    upload_2013-12-21_16-46-25.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
The political spectrum is not one dimensional left-right. There have been many ways of attempting to describe it, but the Political Compass model is probably the simplest, while still capturing some of the complexity. Take the test and see where you are:

http://politicalcompass.org/test

(To copy the image into a post, just right click on it, then "Copy Image", and then you can post it directly into the editor here)

This is me:
http://politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-5.00&soc=-6.10
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

upload_2013-7-20_12-52-6.png

Some relative positions:

upload_2013-7-20_12-53-39.png

Other people:

upload_2013-7-20_12-52-41.png

I've found the skeptical movement seems to be populated with social libertarians, which makes sense as we are skeptical of arbitrary rules and moral codes - especially when based in religion. However there seems to be a good left-right spread on economic factors, with many skeptics being quite right wing (free markets) economically. I'm more left-wing, preferring a degree of regulation to counteract market excesses and negative externalities.
A surprise to me . . . !!!! my results are rather similar to yours Mick . . . o_O

Back