Debunked: Natural News - Boston controlled explosion exercise

Alhazred The Sane

Senior Member.
Bob Orr confirms the two Boston bombing suspects are brothers, confirms name of one suspect as Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. They're from somewhere south of Chechnya.

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
Wow.
So they weren't actually *wrong*, they were so right they forced the government to run an alternative scenario.
I don't know if the idea that they can hang themselves with their own words ('give them enough rope') applies, because they just seem to use the rope to make swings instead.

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
This one is being passed around -

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopula...e-at-Start-Finish/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx

The 'drill' aspect is considered suspicious, as it has been in other attacks.
This debunks itself since no bombs went off in seating areas.

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
I hope training like this can help both prevent an attack and/or help catch bad guys quicker and help save lives if one happens. I'm sure this happens more often than people think. They probably happen without the general public really noticing it took place or at least very few people. I'm not sure how preparation for a drill that was supposed to take place 2 months after the bombing means it is some how a clue to a false flag.

Nathan Folks

"Natural News" claims that there were suspicious exercises on the same day as the Boston Marathon bombings

http://www.naturalnews.com/039926_Boston_marathon_bombing_terrorism.html

No, really, it's not. The Library is directly opposite where the first bomb went off, hence "opposite the library", is the sidewalk, where the bomb exploded. Lots of people dropped their bags as they ran.

"Natural News" seems to be deliberately conflating the fire at the JFK Library with the controlled explosion opposite the public library. The tweets regarding the controlled explosion were:

(Times are Pacific, so 12:53 pacific is 3:53 Eastern, the bombing was at 2:50 Eastern, so these are about an hour after the bombing)

Obviously referring to the same thing, and simply clarifying the location.

Then AN HOUR LATER, they hear of the "explosion" at the JFK library:

(Notice it's not "The Library", which is what they call the main Boston Public Library, as you would expect).

And much later they note it seems to be just a fire:

(Above image via Reddit, not sure of the source, but the positions are accurate)

Natural News seems to basically just making things up to fulfill their preconceived idea of what happened.

THE TIME STAMP ON TWITTER FROM THE BOSTON GLOBE IS NOT PACIFIC TIME. IT IS THE TIME ZONE WHERE THE BOSTON GLOBE NEWSPAPER RESIDES. IN BOSTON WHICH IS EASTERN TIME ZONE. THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED WITH TWITTER AND THIS NOW BRINGS TO LIGHT THE FACT THAT THE TWEET WAS SENT PRIOR TO THE EXPLOSION. THIS IS NOW EVIDENCE FOR TRIAL. BOSTON GLOBE HAS SOME EXPLAINING TO DO.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
THE TIME STAMP ON TWITTER FROM THE BOSTON GLOBE IS NOT PACIFIC TIME. IT IS THE TIME ZONE WHERE THE BOSTON GLOBE NEWSPAPER RESIDES. IN BOSTON WHICH IS EASTERN TIME ZONE. THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED WITH TWITTER AND THIS NOW BRINGS TO LIGHT THE FACT THAT THE TWEET WAS SENT PRIOR TO THE EXPLOSION. THIS IS NOW EVIDENCE FOR TRIAL. BOSTON GLOBE HAS SOME EXPLAINING TO DO.
Twitter updates to the viewer's timezone setting, not the posters.
Exactly.

This can be very easily verified by changing your time zone, either on your computer if you are not logged into twitter, or in your twitter account settings if you are logged in.

Example, consider this tweet, sent at 9:15 PST:

My computer is set to PST, so it looks like this to me:

If I change my time zone to Central, in the Twitter settings:

We get:

You should verify this yourself.

deirdre

Senior Member.
This can be very easily verified by changing your time zone, either on your computer if you are not logged into twitter, or in your twitter account settings if you are logged in.
both my time zones are Eastern and it still says 12:53

edit. fixed it. well, that was a royal pain. everything read ok ... all my timezones were correct....but i "synchronized"/UPDATE my clock under the "internet time tab" anyway.

and then i "avoid utc-8" under my ggogle mail because the 12:53 was showing in my google search. not just on twitter.

but i think it was the "syncronize internet time tab" under my computer clock because both IE and Google chrome were reading 12:53

now they both say 3:53 yay!!!

clock.JPG

boston.JPG ie.JPG

Last edited:

deirdre

Senior Member.
Timestamp update: (see post #94 above) just doing some timestamps verifications on SH and check this.... NOW my Chrome browser/Google is still showing the correct time but my Internet Explorer has gone back to showing Pacific time. and again under my computer clock settings i'm still on Eastern time zone.

This is going to be a hard sell to people, to fix their computer settings!! I wonder if it has to do with browser updates??

Luckily it is well documented that Vance's first Press conference for SH was at 1:41pm. so the twitter timestamped posts for that event (well some.. there are many) are here...

https://twitter.com/peterleung/status/279657490961006593
https://twitter.com/rpolanskyWFSB/status/279657400405995520

google IE.JPG

ColtCabana

Thanks for the Twitter stuff, guys. This is another issue that I commonly see with conspiracy theorists. I had Twitter, but after being attacked daily by Boston "truthers" I finally gave it up about a year ago, so thus, I can't confirm this stuff for myself. The work done is here is, as always, appreciated!

occams rusty scissor

Senior Member.
Sorry so late in the piece - just came across a Wired.com article on the Boston Bomb Squad and their efforts on the day. May shed a bit more light on things re the "controlled explosion" debate.

(Apologies if I've missed it being posted already.)

Specifically re the controlled blast:

Disruptors are a good bit of kit, essentially use a jet of water to punch open and disperse the contents of a package. Usually a much better option than counter charging an IED as they're aimed at preventing a high order detonation.

deirdre

Senior Member.
Thanks for the Twitter stuff, guys. This is another issue that I commonly see with conspiracy theorists. I had Twitter, but after being attacked daily by Boston "truthers" I finally gave it up about a year ago, so thus, I can't confirm this stuff for myself. The work done is here is, as always, appreciated!
If you can't get them to fix their computer settings, the real time is always in "the source code".

with my above example (note my Internet Explorer is not working again..Vance's speech was at 1:41 pm),
1. open the tweet in it's own page by clicking the date
2. right click mouse and chose "view source code"
3. Under the "edit" button (top menu) choose "find on page"
4. type in "timestamp"
5. look for data-time and the number
This number is the UNIX timestamp code.
6. use a converter to convert the UNIX time to the timezone the tweet was sent from. For Sandy Hook this was Eastern Standard time: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS

step 2:
wit1.jpg

step 3-5
ts3.jpg

step 6:
ts2.jpg

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
HappyMonday DEBUNKED: Natural News - Nanosized AL in chemtrails causes alzheimer's. Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Dan Wilson Debunked: Alkaline Diets Cure Cancer Health and Quackery 16
Mick West Debunked: Ice Boulders on Great Lakes Caused by Geoengineering [Natural but Rare Ball Ice] General Discussion 11
N Debunked: Google Mail icon shows linkage to Freemasons Conspiracy Theories 2
Mendel Debunked: The WHO did not take the Taiwan CDC seriously Coronavirus COVID-19 0
A Why 9/11 Truthers Are Wrong About The Facts | (Part 1 w/ Mick West) 9/11 1
Mendel Debunked: Radar Waves Affect Clouds General Discussion 0
Pumpernickel Need Debunking: Foucault's Pendulum debunked through Mach's principle (the Earth is a static object in the center of the Universe) Science and Pseudoscience 13
M Ufos arrive to the central zone of Chile. (Debunked). Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Jesse3959 FE Debunked with water tube level - 187 foot building 21.2 miles away below eye level Flat Earth 0
H Debunked: Cadillac Mountain from 220 miles Flat Earth 7
Jesse3959 FE Claim Debunked: JTolan Epic Gravity Experiment - Flat earther disproves Perspective! (or his instruments.) Flat Earth 0
Mick West Debunked: DoD prepares for martial law in CONUS: Conspiracy Theories 0
Oystein Debunked: AE911T: CNBC Anchor Ron Insana claims Building 7 a Controlled Implosion 9/11 13
A Debunked: NASA tampered with the original television audio of the Apollo 11 moon landing Conspiracy Theories 1
Greylandra Debunked: media headline "Judea declares war on Germany" [boycott] Conspiracy Theories 20
Mick West Discovery Channel's "Contact: Declassified Breakthrough" was debunked 2.5 years ago UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 8
Joe Hill Debunked: "The North Face of Building 7 Was Pulled Inward" 9/11 66
A Debunked : Fake Set Moon Landing with TV Camera and Stairs Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Debunked: Photo with Sun Rays at Odd Angles Flat Earth 0
Staffan Debunked: Wikileaks releases unused footage of moon landing (Capricorn One movie scenes) Conspiracy Theories 2
Mick West Debunked: Neil deGrasse Tyson : "That Stuff is Flat" Flat Earth 10
Mendel Debunked: Air Map of the World 1945 is a flat Earth map Flat Earth 0
Trailblazer Debunked: Trees being cut down "because they block 5G" (tree replacement in Belgium) 5G and Other EMF Health Concerns 44
deirdre Debunked: Exemption from military service doc proves Jews had foreknowledge of WW2 (fake leaflet) General Discussion 0
Trailblazer Debunked: Obama called Michelle "Michael" in a speech. (Referring to Michael Mullen Jr) Quotes Debunked 0
Rory Debunked: 120-mile shot of San Jacinto proves flat earth Flat Earth 39
Rory Debunked: The Lunar Cycle affects birth rates Health and Quackery 26
Rory Debunked: Study shows link between menstrual cycle and the moon Health and Quackery 30
novatron Debunked: California Wildfires Match the Exactly Path of the Proposed Rail System Wildfires 3
Rory Debunked: "You must love yourself before you love another" - fake Buddha quote Quotes Debunked 7
W Debunked: Qanon claims there have been 51k sealed indictments filed this year. Current Events 11
K Debunked: Audio of David Rockefeller "leaked" speech in 1991 [Audio Simulation] General Discussion 2
tadaaa Debunked: Fake photos-Novichok attack Russian 'agents' (side by side gates) General Discussion 34
Mick West Debunked: XYO Device Replacing GPS, Saving $2 Million a Day General Discussion 23
Mick West Debunked: "Tip Top" as a QAnon Clue from Trump [He's said it before] Conspiracy Theories 3
Whitebeard Debunked: Nibiru FOUND? Mysterious gigantic rogue planet spotted lurking outside our solar system Science and Pseudoscience 1
Mick West Debunked: "There Exists a Shadowy Government" — Daniel Inouye Quotes Debunked 0
Mick West Debunked: Delta Lambda Compression General Discussion 16
MisterB Debunked: Isle of Man from Blackpool at water level proves flat earth [refraction] Flat Earth 19
JFDee Debunked: Wernher von Braun confirmed that rockets can't leave earth Conspiracy Theories 23
Mick West Debunked: Missing $21 Trillion / $6.5 Trillion / $2.3 Trillion - Journal Vouchers Conspiracy Theories 33
MikeG Debunked: Obamacare Article 54 (Satire FB Page) General Discussion 2
Mick West Debunked: "Deadly Ultraviolet UV-C and UV-B Penetration to Earth’s Surface:" [Stray Light] Contrails and Chemtrails 30
Astro Debunked: Apollo Lunar Module Hatch Too Small for Spacesuit Science and Pseudoscience 0
Mick West Debunked: NIST's Lack of Explanation for WTC7 Freefall [They Have One - Column Buckling] 9/11 38
Jedo Debunked: WTC7 was the only building not on the WTC block that had a fire on 9/11 9/11 0
Mick West Debunked: Thermite Slag on WTC beams [Oxy Cutting Slag] 9/11 2
Mick West Debunked: The WTC 9/11 Angle Cut Column. [Not Thermite, Cut Later] 9/11 137
Mick West Debunked: AE911Truth's Analysis of Slag Residue from WTC Debris 9/11 20
Related Articles

Related Articles