Debunked: Natural News - Boston controlled explosion exercise

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
"Natural News" claims that there were suspicious exercises on the same day as the Boston Marathon bombings

http://www.naturalnews.com/039926_Boston_marathon_bombing_terrorism.html

(NaturalNews) Two bombs have rocked the streets of Boston and reportedly injured 22 marathon runners (two have reportedly died). It's too early to know the cause of these explosions, but you can rest assured both the state and federal government will try to use this tragic event to blame whatever convenient enemies are most advantageous for the government.

No one has yet stepped forward to claim responsibility for the bombs, and the fact that no firearms were used in the attack may indicate this was NOT part of a false flag effort by the government to try to blame gun owners. (But it's still way too early to tell...)

Here at Natural News, we are horrified at this loss of innocent life, and we are praying for the victims of this bombing as well as their families.
Bomb squad was running "controlled explosion" on the same day

What's not yet being reported by the mainstream media is that a "controlled explosion" was under way on the same day as the marathon explosion.

As the Boston Globe tweeted today, "Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities."

Some people believe this explosion might have been part of the demolition of another bomb. It seems unlikely, however, that a bomb at the library, one mile away, could be so quickly located and rigged to be exploded by the bomb squad in less than one hour following the initial explosions at the marathon.
Content from External Source
No, really, it's not. The Library is directly opposite where the first bomb went off, hence "opposite the library", is the sidewalk, where the bomb exploded. Lots of people dropped their bags as they ran.

"Natural News" seems to be deliberately conflating the fire at the JFK Library with the controlled explosion opposite the public library. The tweets regarding the controlled explosion were:

(Times are Pacific, so 12:53 pacific is 3:53 Eastern, the bombing was at 2:50 Eastern, so these are about an hour after the bombing)

Obviously referring to the same thing, and simply clarifying the location.

Then AN HOUR LATER, they hear of the "explosion" at the JFK library:

(Notice it's not "The Library", which is what they call the main Boston Public Library, as you would expect).

And much later they note it seems to be just a fire:

(Above image via Reddit, not sure of the source, but the positions are accurate)

Natural News seems to basically just making things up to fulfill their preconceived idea of what happened.

Last edited:
This one is being passed around -

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopula...e-at-Start-Finish/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

“They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about,” Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”

Stevenson had just finished the marathon. His wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.

“There was just smoke, another explosion went off,” Stevenson said. “We all started running. There were people crying.”

Stevenson said there was no question in his mind that this was an intentional act.
The 'drill' aspect is considered suspicious, as it has been in other attacks.

Natural News -

Bomb squad was running "controlled explosion" on the same day

What's not yet being reported by the mainstream media is that a "controlled explosion" was under way on the same day as the marathon explosion.

As the Boston Globe tweeted today, "Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities."

Some people believe this explosion might have been part of the demolition of another bomb. It seems unlikely, however, that a bomb at the library, one mile away, could be so quickly located and rigged to be exploded by the bomb squad in less than one hour following the initial explosions at the marathon.

Are the mainstream reporting it, or not?

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopula...e-at-Start-Finish/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

“They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about,” Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”

Stevenson had just finished the marathon. His wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.

“There was just smoke, another explosion went off,” Stevenson said. “We all started running. There were people crying.”

Stevenson said there was no question in his mind that this was an intentional act.

So bomb sniffing dogs at airports indicate an attack is imminent? Spare me!

They exploded a bomb as part of an exercise AFTER the initial attacks? Wouldn't they cancel in the interests of good taste?

Edit.. okay maybe i've misunderstood, it was worded weird - I thought they were saying there was a suspicious correlation with a training exercise scheduled for the same day or something.

Well, it was on Natural News. I had an argument with one of their writers, when he posted that there were 8 oil refineries in the Dallas area (there are NONE)

Nope CNN is already blaming Right wing . Im sure since its the original place for The Tea Party . ANOTHER CNN SPECULATION .

"Blame" is not the right word. It's speculation - he didn't flat out say "it was a right-wing attack."

NautralNews is just a little baby, please debunk these:
Code:
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1602
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242578
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=244383.0

Instead of giving us pages upon pages of forum data to pour through, please pick out individual pieces of evidence you want us to address. There are several, several claims made in each of those threads, and I don't have the time or patience to address them in bulk.

Has anyone given any thought to the Boston Tea Party and its fight against taxes and the fact that this happened on tax day and on Patriot's day in Boston!!! This attack was too clean, I mean one life is too much, but who ever planned this, was a military strategist, who projected the death toll, planted other bombs that were never meant to be detonated but were easily found to deliver more fear!! I believe this was domestic, it was message to make our nation fear driven again to eliminate issues like gun control. And/Or lead us into another war!!! Mr. Maher is right , we need to be still before we start beating the "war drum" again!!! Who has to benefit from this and like someone once told me, follow the money all the way to the top!!!! Bless the souls that were lost today due to violence and the families that were deeply affected :(

[Update] Well it's started already:

(NaturalNews) As the Boston Globe tweeted today, "Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities."

The link to the Boston Globe tweet is only a screen capture. Does anyone have twitter account that could confirm the time of the post? There was at least one device that did not go off that the bomb squad had to deal with. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ton-marathon-3-killed-and-scores-injured?lite
Don't you think it is more than likely this is what the Boston Globe was reporting?

It could be either domestic or foreign. The fact that no one has announced they were to blame, makes me think a 'lone wolf' domestic terrorist, like Rudolph of the Olympic bombing.

Has anyone given any thought to the Boston Tea Party and its fight against taxes and the fact that this happened on tax day and on Patriot's day in Boston!!! This attack was too clean, I mean one life is too much, but who ever planned this, was a military strategist, who projected the death toll, planted other bombs that were never meant to be detonated but were easily found to deliver more fear!! I believe this was domestic, it was message to make our nation fear driven again to eliminate issues like gun control. And/Or lead us into another war!!! Mr. Maher is right , we need to be still before we start beating the "war drum" again!!! Who has to benefit from this and like someone once told me, follow the money all the way to the top!!!! Bless the souls that were lost today due to violence and the families that were deeply affected :(

Who says that the other bombs "were never meant to be detonated," it could very well have been the bombers incompetence that caused them to fail. What proof is there of a military strategist, it seems to me that a military strategist would have timed it for maximum carnage, this would have been when the crowd would have been at its largest, while the elite athletes were finishing the race. I see poor planning. Unless you have evidence, don't make assumptions.

The claims of 'this was too good to be the work of anyone less than a trained professional' are not good arguments. The same was said after Sandy Hook.
There is a lot of information out there. You can become an amateur expert in a lot of things these days given a bit of dedication.
Even just some simple planning applied to the dark side can achieve a lot of evil. We have the technology.

Damn.

What's the reason they would want to stick around though? To gloat?

You would be surprised how many people who commit crimes want to stick around to see it play out. I'm no psychologist, but sometime tells me there are just those really, really disgusting criminals out there who want to see their crime play out so they get satisfaction from it. The guy who did this may have been one of those people.

I think it's worthy to note the part of the article that says "Stevenson said he saw law enforcement spotters on the roofs at the start of the race." (My emphasis)

That is, the drills, announcements, and bomb spotters were on the starting line before the race. The only claim he made about the finish line is that it had bomb sniffing dogs, which aren't omniscient especially given the size of the crowd.

In incidents like this where opinions and beliefs tend to be polarised, I try to avoid having an opinion.

However, it is interesting that after Local 15 in Mobile, Alabama, broke the story about UM's cross country coach Ali Stevenson reporting that a) there were continuous announcements about the bombings just being a training exercise b) there were bomb sniffer dogs at the start and finish lines prior to the explosions, and c) there were police spotters on the roofs prior to the explosions, none of this has been covered by the mainstream media, even with a disclaimer that it is 'unverified.'

This would suggest one of several alternatives:

- the mainstream media have collectively found that Mr. Stevenson, despite his position of responsibility at the university, is either deluded or a liar.

- the mainstream media have collectively discovered that Local 15 completely misheard or misunderstood Mr Stevenson's message, and Local 15 is being tardy in removing the story from the Net.

- the mainstream media have collectively decided - as if by commitee - that to broadcast the full story will encourage conspiracy theorists, and has decided to engage in a remarkable piece of self-censorship at the cost of the public not knowing the full picture.

- the bombing was a false flag attack, and the mainstream media was instructed not to broadcast any information that would point in the direction of the truth.

Any ideas on which is the most likely, and why?

I'm sure there are bomb sniffing dogs at many events nowadays. I don't know why he thought that was odd.

In the Atlanta and Oklahoma bombings how soon was a motive readily apparent?
Aren't terrorists usually quick to claim responsibility for their actions?

In incidents like this where opinions and beliefs tend to be polarised, I try to avoid having an opinion.

However, it is interesting that after Local 15 in Mobile, Alabama, broke the story about UM's cross country coach Ali Stevenson reporting that a) there were continuous announcements about the bombings just being a training exercise b) there were bomb sniffer dogs at the start and finish lines prior to the explosions, and c) there were police spotters on the roofs prior to the explosions, none of this has been covered by the mainstream media, even with a disclaimer that it is 'unverified.'

- the mainstream media have collectively found that Mr. Stevenson, despite his position of responsibility at the university, is either deluded or a liar.

- the mainstream media have collectively discovered that Local 15 completely misheard or misunderstood Mr Stevenson's message, and Local 15 is being tardy in removing the story from the Net.

- the mainstream media have collectively decided - as if by commitee - that to broadcast the full story will encourage conspiracy theorists, and has decided to engage in a remarkable piece of self-censorship at the cost of the public not knowing the full picture.

- the bombing was a false flag attack, and the mainstream media was instructed not to broadcast any information that would point in the direction of the truth.

Given that there were 26,000 runners who would have heard any "continuous announcements", and tens of thousands of spectators, and thousands of people taking video, why not wait until you get more accounts and a recording of what was said before dashing off into "alternatives".

They exploded a bomb as part of an exercise AFTER the initial attacks? Wouldn't they cancel in the interests of good taste?

Edit.. okay maybe i've misunderstood, it was worded weird - I thought they were saying there was a suspicious correlation with a training exercise scheduled for the same day or something.

That's what they want you to think. Literally, that was the spin that Natural News was try to put on it.

But really it was the least suspicious controlled explosion ever. Exactly where you would expect one (by the original explosion), and at the exact time (a hour after the original explosion).

You forgot to include "None of the above."

That's as good a reason as any, at the end of the day many arsonists will hang around to watch it burn.

The photos I linked to show the crowd at the explosion site two and a half hours BEFORE the explosion. Hence my suggestion that the culprit might be in the photos.

This one in particular, the very top of the photo was where the bomb went off. Time 12:07, bomb went off at 14:50

Last edited:
I'm sure there are bomb sniffing dogs at many events nowadays. I don't know why he thought that was odd.
I noticed he said he had run marathons all over including London and never seen a bomb dog. Probably like every.other capital London is insane over its security during big events. The article makes the presumption that only seeing dogs means that there are teams in the area. CCTV is widely used and far more effective as well as the guys on the ground, both uniformed and plain clothes.

I have already read a few pages mentioning that it is "strange" that they were running a drill. Now this is just my opinion but I would think it a perfect time. As a leader you have all your resources together and rather than have them say around
there is a perfect opportunity to gain experience of working on large crowds. I can't see how that would be unusual.

It's a very creepy thought.
I thought maybe you were saying that because of the nature of the explosives, ie, they had to have been placed fairly recent to the explosion. But they could have been planted way before.

(reply to mick)

I thought maybe you were saying that because of the nature of the explosives, ie, they had to have been placed fairly recent to the explosion. But they could have been planted way before.

From what I've heard this possibility is being investigated.

(reply to mick)

The BBC said there have been a significant number of leg injuries. Without knowing any details about the bomb it "may" suggest it was at the bottom of the bin and the shrapnel has started at a lower height. So the bin may have been virtually empty. All that is just speculation but based on tome served in the army in Northern Ireland for a number of years. The postion in the bin will give them a guesstimate at what time they were placed and how many suspects.

The BBC said there have been a significant number of leg injuries. Without knowing any details about the bomb it "may" suggest it was at the bottom of the bin and the shrapnel has started at a lower height. So the bin may have been virtually empty. All that is just speculation but based on tome served in the army in Northern Ireland for a number of years. The postion in the bin will give them a guesstimate at what time they were placed and how many suspects.

If it were in a bin, it was probably in one of those temporary cardboard bins they use at large events on streets. There was a mailbox and what looks like a garbage can there, but they are too far forward, and seem to have been removed for the race.

I think with the vast number of photos and video of the area then they will be able to get images of it being planted fairly soon.

Last edited:
For once I almost had respect for Noory on C2C. He actually downplayed the CT angle of many callers based on a lack of evidence and a clear anti gov bias. However they kept calling talking about WTC 7 and a poem from the late 1800s referencing Sandy Hook. Noory returned to his familiar waffle of It could be.

Back