Debunked: LAX Shooting Strange Witness Account with no ID

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
I don't know how security works at LAX but I came across this video of an eyewitness interview who claims to have been 'at the back of a queue', (boarding?), when the shooting took place.

He claims to have 'ran and then dropped to the floor for cover', where he was then handcuffed for 10 minutes as a suspect. After a pat down and search he was released but claims he had no identification on him.

I find it a bit odd that he had no identification as he obviously wasn't there to meet anyone and if he was traveling, it is logical he would need identification so perhaps someone can come up with a reasonable explanation for this.

I agree- it is confusing...its confusing because of the purposefully misleading editing of the interview-why not hear the entire interview which dispels the confusion:

He ran out an emergency exit and lost his wallet in the process.

http://ktla.com/2013/11/01/lax-shoo...everyone-dropped-to-the-ground/#axzz2jzfAr8FR

Nick Pugh was standing near the Virgin America Airlines check-in counter at Los Angeles International Airport Friday morning when he heard gunfire.

“Somebody started shooting and everyone dropped to the ground and started crawling,” Pugh told KTLA 5 reporter Kacey Montoya during a live interview.

“It was definitely chaos… It was crazy,” Pugh said. “I just saw an emergency exit and ran, or jumped out of that.”

In the confusion,Pugh lost his wallet somewhere inside the airport.

Then as he ran away, law enforcement officers handcuffed Pugh, thinking he might be the gunman. They let him go a short time later.

Read more: http://ktla.com/2013/11/01/lax-shoo...everyone-dropped-to-the-ground/#ixzz2jzfHQTkz
Content from External Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, they really do produce a product don't they, these you-tube investigators.

Indeed.

The sad part is the legion of fools commenting on this video without being able to discern the misleading editing nor the inclination to take 30 seconds to source out the original to get the entire interview.

Last edited:
Indeed.

The sad part is the legion of fools commenting on this video without being able to discern the misleading editing nor the inclination to take 30 seconds to source out the original to get the entire interview.

Things like this are why I stopped believing in conspiracy theories. There is just so much rampant dishonesty from these people and it's downright sickening that so many people blindly buy into it.

Things like this are why I stopped believing in conspiracy theories. There is just so much rampant dishonesty from these people and it's downright sickening that so many people blindly buy into it.

I'm not really disagreeing with you, but there is quite a spectrum of conspiracy theories. The "crisis actors" theories are some of the worst though - entirely based on wishful thinking, and nonsensical interpretation of photos and videos. None of them have stood up to the slightest scrutiny, and yet they still have legs. It's hard to know how to address people who fall for them - I feel they are mostly the very young (teenagers), or the very far gone (actually delusional). Combined with possibly quite a few people who are simply trolling.

But you don't want to tar all conspiracy theorists with that same brush.

Well to put it more appropriately.

I was mainly referring to the vast majority of internet conspiracies that get circulated these days. I recognize that there are real conspiracies. People who share similar interests devise plans to achieve a common goal. But unfortunatly it seems that conspiracy theories that might actually have some merit don't seem to get much attention from anyone.

I'll never understand the mindset of people who expect a 100% complete narrative of an event hours after it occurs. That's like watching one episode of a TV show and someone being upset at you because you can't tell them what the entire series was about.

Back