Debunked: Boston Marathon Bombing: Karen Brassards "Lack of injuries"

[Admin edit in italics] This is marked as debunked, as a close up photo shows blood consistent with the description of her injuries, which were:

• a three-inch piece of the device embedded in her right shin;
  • a quarter-size hole in her left ankle
The confusion seem to revolve around the word "calf", which some people assumed was just the back of the lower leg. In fact the calf muscles go all around the lower leg.

X-Ray of her right leg, showing embedded piece, view matches the muscle drawing above, front view.

OP Follows:

------------------------------------------------------

KarensLies.JPG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original question:

1:38 - 2:07
She is caught in multiple angles exposing her legs and they are completely undamaged. Yet shes claims a pipe was protruding from her left calf and a 1 inch chunk of metal blasted into her right calf. Please explain why no wounds appeared until she got to the Hospital? Why are her jeans not torn? not covered in blood? No holes made to her clothing. This is a test in your power of denial compared to your power of sight.
Here are screen shots of proof of fraud.

Her calves are UNTOUCHED. Her Jeans are UNDAMAGED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Video needs timestamps, and description of exactly what is shown, preferably with screen-shots. Please edit your post.

Uh....no....she's not caught "exposing her legs" - she is wearing jeans - you do not get to see her legs at all.

the video uses stupid language - no-one calls her leg "mangled" - a hole is not "mangled".

It is not even a video - it is a series of stills, all entirely out of context - someone is holding the supposedly uninjured leg and said to be "addressing" it - as if that means they are treating the uninjured leg as if it is injured - but there is no way to know what they are actually doing - holding the leg out of the way, treating it??

Basically the "video" is lying - there are no shots of Karen or Ron's undamaged legs anywhere in it - it doesn't need any further debunking - it is simply lying.

Uh....no....she's not caught "exposing her legs" - she is wearing jeans - you do not get to see her legs at all.

the video uses stupid language - no-one calls her leg "mangled" - a hole is not "mangled".

Basically the video is lying - there are no shots of Karen or Ron's undamaged legs anywhere in it - it doesn't need any further debunking - it is simply lying.
so your attemtping to say she rolled up her jeans before the blast so the shrapnel and pipe wouldnt tear her clothes? Or do you believe shrapnel was "teleported" into her legs?

Last edited:
I believe that shrapnel can make small clothes in holes without tearing them to shreds, and those holes do not have to be obviously visible in blurred still photos.

You got nothing.

I believe that shrapnel can make small clothes in holes without tearing them to shreds, and those holes do not have to be obviously visible in blurred still photos.

You got nothing.
Interesting, So do you believe it takes longer than 10 minutes to start bleeding? How can shrapnel 1 inch wide go through jeans, lodge into a calf, not leave a hole and not cause 1 drop of blood to be visible on the jeans? Does logic play any role in this forum?

I believe that shrapnel can make small clothes in holes without tearing them to shreds

I saw a man at the Marathon with his shirt cut diagonally on the front. Was a very fine cut, for lack of a better term. Didn't notice any bleeding at all and I think I would have; he was wearing a light blue shirt.

I saw a man at the Marathon with his shirt cut diagonally on the front. Was a very fine cut, for lack of a better term. Didn't notice any bleeding at all and I think I would have; he was wearing a light blue shirt.
This thread is not about some man you saw. I see lots of people too. This about the lack of blood on a fat calf that is pressed into jeans. Do not distract and attempt to avoid. Address whats at hand. How do you get 2 wounds in both calves and not bleed? or leave ANY damage to the jeans themselves???

This thread is not about some man you saw. I see lots of people too. This about the lack of blood on a fat calf that is pressed into jeans. Do not distract and attempt to avoid. Address whats at hand. How do you get 2 wounds in both calves and not bleed? or leave ANY damage to the jeans themselves???

I was merely supporting MikeC's relevant point.

if its not about this post it is not relevant. Read posting guidelines please.

Excuse me, but I know how to post here. It was about a fellow member's post and my eyewitness account proving that shrapnel, that day, could in fact make small holes or cuts on people's clothing, without ripping them to shreds.

wonderful, that is meaningless. 1 situation does not apply to anything but that one situation. Stop getting off topic. Why dont her Shrapnel wounds BLEED>? or damage clothing>?
(HINT) - because its fake :)

Interesting, So do you believe it takes longer than 10 minutes to start bleeding? How can shrapnel 1 inch wide go through jeans, lodge into a calf, not leave a hole and not cause 1 drop of blood to be visible on the jeans? Does logic play any role in this forum?

There is no evidence in this video that it did not leave a hole - where are the jeans examined in it for damage?? They are not.

There is no evidence in this video about how much bleeding there was, when it started, or where the blood went - is there any examination of the inside of the jeans? Of the inside of the shoes?? There is not

All there is is you and whoever made the video saying stuff without any attempt to actually present any study of actual evidence other than cherry picked stills labeled with your opinions.

It's getting repetitious - but...

You got nothing.

wonderful, that is meaningless. 1 situation does not apply to anything but that one situation. Stop getting off topic. Why dont her Shrapnel wounds BLEED>? or damage clothing>?
(HINT) - because its fake :)

How do you know they are not bleeding - you can't see them!

you also cannot see any section of the leg that is supposedly damaged that is actually not injured at all - yet you claim you can.

This video simply DOES NOT SHOW WHAT YOU SAY IT DOES!

How do you know they are not bleeding - you can't see them!

you also cannot see any section of the leg that is supposedly damaged that is actually not injured at all - yet you claim you can.

This video simply DOES NOT SHOW WHAT YOU SAY IT DOES!
wow, so you have no idea how blood works huh? Ill explain, when you cut open your skin - YOU BLEED. This is going to be even harder for you to grasp. JEANS ARE NOT BLOOD PROOF. you will actually see blood soak into clothing ESPECIALLY when they are pressed up again the said wound. You are friggin rediculous..This is how you "Debunk"??? lol...

Brassard's x-ray

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...thon-outing/Iv5n9XtPutxcAyYySa9KHO/story.html
The blast sent a pipe-like piece of the bomb into her ankle. “It was nickel-sized, hollow, and it was protruding about an inch out,” Karen says. After doctors removed it at Boston Medical Center, an FBI agent dropped it into an evidence bag. She also had a three-inch piece of the device embedded in her right shin; doctors sliced both sides of her leg to extract it. They removed a section of a healthy tendon to repair a damaged one. There have been complications, and she was back in the hospital twice last week.
Content from External Source
Doctors have sewn up a quarter-size hole in Karen Brassard’s left ankle, where the shrapnel went in. “The ankle’s very swollen and painful. My right leg, the shrapnel went in, and the muscles are all just inflamed, everything’s inflamed, and swollen, and I have now those, I have the original hole from the shrapnel and I have now the two incisions.”

Brassard's x-ray

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...thon-outing/Iv5n9XtPutxcAyYySa9KHO/story.html
The blast sent a pipe-like piece of the bomb into her ankle. “It was nickel-sized, hollow, and it was protruding about an inch out,” Karen says. After doctors removed it at Boston Medical Center, an FBI agent dropped it into an evidence bag. She also had a three-inch piece of the device embedded in her right shin; doctors sliced both sides of her leg to extract it. They removed a section of a healthy tendon to repair a damaged one. There have been complications, and she was back in the hospital twice last week.
Doctors have sewn up a quarter-size hole in Karen Brassard’s left ankle, where the shrapnel went in. “The ankle’s very swollen and painful. My right leg, the shrapnel went in, and the muscles are all just inflamed, everything’s inflamed, and swollen, and I have now those, I have the original hole from the shrapnel and I have now the two incisions.”

EXACLTY ---- The no damage jeans PROVES its all FAKE.

Blood can do lots of things - it can clot, it can not bleed much at het star then start bleeding later on if the wound is disturbed, it can roll down legs inside loose jeans without touching the jeans, it can sit on a surface without actually being absorbed.

Unless you actually show that the jeans and wounds in question have been studied and show some ACTUAL EVIDENCE FROM THEM then still photos with captioned opinions are just supposition and assertion.

third time's a charm.....

You got nothing.

Except added to my ignore list - you've been debunked, the video doesn't say what it says it does - it is lying.

Blood can do lots of things - it can clot, it can not bleed much at het star then start bleeding later on if the wound is disturbed, it can roll down legs inside loose jeans without touching the jeans, it can sit on a surface without actually being absorbed.

Unless you actually show that the jeans and wounds in question have been studied and show some ACTUAL EVIDENCE FROM THEM then still photos with captioned opinions are just supposition and assertion.

third time's a charm.....

You got nothing.

Except added to my ignore list - you've been debunked, the video doesn't say what it says it does - it is lying.
Your power of denial is MUCH stronger than your power or logic and reason. Let me shoot a 1 inch pipe into your calf at explosion speeds. Then let me shoot a 1 inch metal fragment into your other calf and lets see if it bleeds? [...] If i Punch a QUARTER SIZED HOLE in your calf, are you going to bleed?

Insert any photos in the post. Do not link to a page containing photos.

You can use the forum embed code they give you there. However it would be much better if you could find the original photos. Random close-ups of jeans are not helpful.

could have punctured a small hole in the jeans. Jeans are dark, so you don't see blood. Can't tell from this video.

wow, so you have no idea how blood works huh? Ill explain, when you cut open your skin - YOU BLEED. This is going to be even harder for you to grasp. JEANS ARE NOT BLOOD PROOF. you will actually see blood soak into clothing ESPECIALLY when they are pressed up again the said wound. You are friggin rediculous..This is how you "Debunk"??? lol...

You have an odd way of enamouring yourself to people. I suggest you tone it down a notch.

Please post an example of how I or anyone else here "treated you like garbage".
Please post an example of how I or anyone else here "treated you like garbage".

"third time's a charm.....

You got nothing.

Except added to my ignore list - you've been debunked, the video doesn't say what it says it does - it is lying."

call me a liar. I got nothing, and apparently I dont know how to bleed. He's a fool and he treated me as such. he's only here to use the 25 steps of disnformation tactics. Im immuned to those. So he had to get angry and leave.

Last edited:

Put the image IN THE POST, not linked, not attached. Don't make people have to click on things.

KarensLies.JPG
There is no evidence in this video that it did not leave a hole - where are the jeans examined in it for damage?? They are not.

There is no evidence in this video about how much bleeding there was, when it started, or where the blood went - is there any examination of the inside of the jeans? Of the inside of the shoes?? There is not

All there is is you and whoever made the video saying stuff without any attempt to actually present any study of actual evidence other than cherry picked stills labeled with your opinions.

It's getting repetitious - but...

You got nothing.

There's plenty of blood on her right leg, which is not visible from the rear shot, because it's at the front.

Be more specific.

Proving the close up pics are of Karen, just zoomed from there originals
KarenBrassard.JPG KarenWound3.JPG KarenBrassard.JPG KarenWound3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
There's plenty of blood on her right leg, which is not visible from the rear shot, because it's at the front.

Be more specific.
That blood on her right leg is in the front - Shin - and it does not appear until she comes out of the Candy Store carrying more blood for the scene.
Are you suggesting an exit wound is bleeding and the entrance wound is not? or are you suggexting the shrapnel entered he Shin CONTRARY to her doctors and her testimony - CALF.?

THose photos are entirely consistent with the description of her injuries. Right calf, left ankle.
Where in any of these pictures do you see a 1 inch pipe protruding an inch below her left calf? Please post a pic of this injury as I have not found one. Also, where do you see a shrapnel wound in the left Calf? her jeans are untouched. The blood spot you have no choice but to cling to, is easily explained. She spilled it on her. Look at her right hand. She just dumpe a handfull on the ground next her husbands head. REGARDLESS, the lack of damage in the calves, you cannot ignore that

That blood on her right leg is in the front - Shin - and it does not appear until she comes out of the Candy Store carrying more blood for the scene.
Are you suggesting an exit wound is bleeding and the entrance wound is not? or are you suggexting the shrapnel entered he Shin CONTRARY to her doctors and her testimony - CALF.?

Your calf is not just the rear of your leg. It's a large muscle which has exposure on the sides and front.

Bend down. Feel the shin bone on your right leg. There's a ridge in the middle of the leg, then a flat surface to the left. To the right of the ridge is calf muscle. Technically the anterior calf. There's even some visible to the left, but still at the front of the leg. See here:

Back