Debunked: 7 Alleged photos of aliens

ParanoidSkeptic2

I came across a few alien pictures that many hold to be of real aliens and I just wanted to make a condensed list of photos that I came across and their origin.

1. Hitler and Alien

1611428944568.png
This one is pretty common and a lot of people think it's real but, obviously, it's a fake. The original picture is of Hitler and Mussolini shaking hands

1611429084298.png
The fake is slightly blurred and looks to be blurred to make it look more "authentic" and "older." The alien bares a striking resemblance to an alien named Asgard in Stargate.
1611429181849.png

Here is a brief explanation on the origin of the photo

This photo is a manipulated version of a photograph that appeared on the front page of The Illustrierter Beobachter (the Nazi Party’s weekly illustrated magazine) in 1938. The original version shows Adolf Hitler shaking hands with the Italian leader, Mussolini

This photograph of Hitler featured (in an altered form) on the cover of a UFO documentary ("UFO Secrets of the Third Reich") and the hoaxer may have borrowed the image from that documentary cover

The "alien" in this particular photograph looks like one of the "Asgard" aliens from the science-fiction television series Stargate SG-1 (including the character "Thor"). However, more detailed examination of images of the "Asgard" and also of other cinema aliens suggests that the relevant "alien" is in fact taken from an image of the alien devised for the "Roswell" movie in 1994 - note in particular the ears, shoulders, eyes and ridge in the middle of the alien's forehead.

A Roswell "alien" is sold online made from the special effects artist Steve Johnson's original movie mold
Content from External Source
Source

2. X-files meme alien

1611429252734.png
This one came around in early 2010's and was featured on numerous paranormal/conspiracy websites. The truth of the matter is that this is just an alien from X-files season 3 Episode 20. You can see the exact frame at 1:40 of the episode.
1611429431739.png
Source

3. Alien on an operating table

1611429543500.png

This one is from an 1994 tv movie called Roswell, it was a fantastical re-telling of the Roswell incident. If you go on the IMDb page you can actually find a screenshot of the alien.

1611429646803.png
Source

4 - Alien stock Photo

1611429803222.png

This one gets thrown out quite a lot as a real photo however it's also a fake! It's a stock photo that originated in 2003

The black and white and grainy filter were just added to make it, once again, look "real" and "authentic." This is the original photo

1611429900395.png
1611430077479.png
You can see when that it was released in 2003, all the grainy and black and white photos came years after
Source

Even if now you type in on google "front head alien stock photo" this is the first result you get.
1611430300808.png

6 - Soldier and Martian

This one people think is of a Martian and a US military soldier.

1611431825367.png

There's an entire lore that some people made up on it, but the truth of the matter is mundane as ever. It was just an April fools joke in 1950 by a German news paper

The Wiesbadener Tagblatt published a photo of a "Martian in the USA," showing American soldiers accompanying a one-legged creature with "a large head and a very small body."

The photo, as the paper subsequently explained, was created with the participation of Americans at the Wiesbaden US Army base, who posed with photographer Hans Scheffler's five-year-old son, Peter. Scheffler then replaced his son in the photo with the alien.

Scheffler's photo subsequently surfaced in the UFO-research community, where it was thought to be actual evidence of a captured extraterrestrial. This happened after an unknown informant, in May 1950, sent a clipping of the photo to the FBI, without noting its origin as an April fool spoof. The FBI duly filed away the photo and then released it to UFO researcher Barry Greenwood in 1979 after he filed a Freedom of Information Act request. The next year, 1980, the photo was included in The Roswell Incident, an alien-conspiracy book written by William Moore and Charles Berlitz.
Source

7 - Another alien hoax photo

1611432934057.png

This was another April fools day hoax by the newspaper called Neue Illustrierte

The Cologne Neue Illustrierte published a picture of "a tiny, aluminum-covered man" who had supposedly been rescued from a saucer that had crash landed after being shot by American anti-aircraft guns. The planet this being came from was unknown.

The photo subsequently became a famous "alien" photo, after its origin as an April fool hoax was forgotten. It was reproduced in books such as "Flying Saucers from Outer Space" (1953) by Donald Keyhoe and "The UFO Encyclopedia" (1980) by Margaret Sachs.
Source

Attachments

• 1611432973734.png
    1611432973734.png
    393.3 KB · Views: 378
I know it may seem counterproductive to have a list of photos that everyone already knows are not real, but still a large number of people thing they're the "real deal" so I thought maybe a list debunking these would be useful?

I know it may seem counterproductive to have a list of photos that everyone already knows are not real, but still a large number of people thing they're the "real deal" so I thought maybe a list debunking these would be useful?
It's not counterproductive at all. Thanks for contributing! Clickbait sites and social media throw stuff like that around a lot so it's good to cover it and help other people come across this site and your info!

I am not sure if these are fake, or if they can even be debunked, but here are a few more...
1613156630859.png1613156671240.png1613156724556.png

I don't know about these.... I think the third one is fake as it is supposed to have been taken in 1983, but the milk crate used was made in 1991...

I am not sure if these are fake, or if they can even be debunked, but here are a few more...
1613156630859.png1613156671240.png1613156724556.png

I don't know about these.... I think the third one is fake as it is supposed to have been taken in 1983, but the milk crate used was made in 1991...

Interesting (or fun anyway) to look for debunks on these, as if the assertion that they are real had been made. ALF was harder than you'd think -- they were careful about not allowing photos of ALF being puppeted to be taken -- or at least to get out. Could only find one.

alfpuppet.jpg

Photos of E.T. as a movie prop are a bit easier to find, though some of them appear to be from a Sky commercial reuniting Elliot and ET at Christmas in 2019. But there are some pics from the original film production and pre-production that are useful.

et.jpg C4yk6p2WYAAuvDu.jpg

Sadly, I must conclude that ET and ALF are not real aliens, either.

Don't recognize your center alien there, so I suppose I will provisionally accept that one as possibly legit... unless further debunked.
(Edited to spell "prop" correctly.)

Sorry to necro this, but the cartoon picture is from an episode of the Simpsons, and it was debunked in the episode itself...
It's in the episode "The Springfield Files" a 'crossover' from the X-Files of all places.
Features the voices of Leonard Nimoy, David Duchovny and Gillian Andersen.

It does follow the UFO/Alien trope as Bart's video only lasts 3 seconds.

Back