DC Owl

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicAndSanity

Are these pictures real? If so, what does it mean and why isn't this widely known to the public? Its an aerial view of the White House. The first picture is older, the second picture is a screen shot that I've personally captured from google earth. It appears to be an Owl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or a dragon. Or perhaps a ninja turtle.

Ham. Do you see yonder cloud that ’s almost in shape of a camel?
Pol. By the mass, and ’t is like a camel, indeed.
Ham. Methinks it is like a weasel.
Pol. It is backed like a weasel.
Ham. Or like a whale?
Pol. Very like a whale.
Content from External Source

People see all sorts of things if they want to. What do you see here?

You can take this to extremes by suggesting things:

Or a mushroom cloud. What are the odds! Evidence of time travel!!!

Or maybe it's actually a mushroom, harkening back to the Gnostics and their psychedelic mushrooms?

Last edited:
Are these pictures real? If so, what does it mean and why isn't this widely known to the public? Its an aerial view of the White House. The first picture is older, the second picture is a screen shot that I've personally captured from google earth. It appears to be an Owl.

that's clearly the Pussycat, not the Owl - now all we need is the boat to prove that the British still own hte USA since it is all wrapped up on a UKL5 note!

Capitol building. Why does it look like one big giant owl though? Its actually quite clear.

I got them mixed up, they are 1.6 miles apart...you win.

I believe the guy that shot at the white house that day was a Alex Jones listener who believed Obama was fascist dictator.

Now you're being a conspiracy theorist.

You guys are comparing buildings that look very ordinary to the DC Owl. The DC Owl is not a building, its the entire landscape including streets and sidewalks, and it very clearly resembles an owl.

Can this have something to do with Moloch? Or possibly Bohemian grove? Is Bohemian grove a "conspiracy theory" as well?

You guys are comparing buildings that look very ordinary to the DC Owl. The DC Owl is not a building, its the entire landscape including streets and sidewalks, and it very clearly resembles an owl.

Can this have something to do with Moloch? Or possibly Bohemian grove? Is Bohemian grove a "conspiracy theory" as well?

To YOU it might clearly resemble an owl - but it doesn't to me. I'm not sure I'd ever reach that conclusion unless someone mentioned it to me. The first thing I see is a vase, as Mick posted and if I state hard enough, something like this image.
1069762-Clipart-Colorful-Chinese-Dragon-Royalty-Free-Illustration.jpg
Do you understand how utterly subjective and open to interpretation these things are?

I agree it is extremely symmetrical and that is obviously intentional . . . but the motive for symmetrical design and landscaping is usually aesthetics . . . it would be very difficult to prove otherwise . . .

lol, I can't begin to imagine why such an effort is being made to 'debunk' this. There is, indeed, a very distinct symetrical pattern to the paths and walkways surrounding the capitol building. It does, indeed, vaguely resemble an owl, rather more than any of the other alternative comparison-images anyway, including a ninja-turtle. This isn't a cloud we're looking at here, folks. Design isn't quite as 'subjective' as is being implied here. Here's an exceedingly quick highlight job of the paths, excluding the surrounding roads and the 'border' path.
owl1e.jpg

Anyone who doesn't think architects, landscapers, and city-planners would go to the effort to add quirky/interesting design features into their work, especially back in the day, doesn't know much about architects, landscapers, and city planners. Whatever symbolic significance you may or may not place on it, it's just a neat design feature folks. Lets not pretend it's not there.

lol, I can't begin to imagine why such an effort is being made to 'debunk' this. There is, indeed, a very distinct symetrical pattern to the paths and walkways surrounding the capitol building. It does, indeed, vaguely resemble an owl, rather more than any of the other alternative comparison-images anyway, including a ninja-turtle. This isn't a cloud we're looking at here, folks. Design isn't quite as 'subjective' as is being implied here. Here's an exceedingly quick highlight job of the paths, excluding the surrounding roads and the 'border' path.
owl1e.jpg

Anyone who doesn't think architects, landscapers, and city-planners would go to the effort to add quirky/interesting design features into their work, especially back in the day, doesn't know much about architects, landscapers, and city planners. Whatever symbolic significance you may or may not place on it, it's just a neat design feature folks. Lets not pretend it's not there.

You think it's like an "Easter Egg" in video games?

It's hard to deny it looks somewhat like a face of some kind. Any kind of symmetric pattern will look like a face.

The best reference would be the original 1874 plan by Fredrick Law Olmstead:

It's really hard to be convinced that that Fredrick Law Olmstead actually intend people to think "owl" when they saw that. The original plan looks more like a smiling Aardvark (to my subjective brain) than an owl.

Remember, that which is once seen, is difficult to un-see. There's a whole web site devoted to this kind of thing:
http://cantbeunseen.com/popular/what-has-been-seen/1

Last edited:
The original plan looks more like a smiling Aardvark (to my subjective brain) than an owl.
aardvark_432_600x450.jpg
I'm sorry, but what in the heck are you talking about Mick...?
Original design still looks a whole hell of a lot more like an owl than a vase, a dragon, a ninja turtle, or a 'smiling ardvark'. And not 'to me', it simply does. I really fail to see where you're coming from on this point.
PeruAncientDrawings.jpg
This looks a little more like a smiling ardvark. Guess this is just a 'video-game easter-egg' too? Design is design. It was made to look like what it looks like, and it looks like what it looks like. This is a very silly debate.

And honestly George, I haven't the faintest. Don't particularly care either. It was just something the artist decided to work into his design for whatever reason, perhaps purely aesthetic. Artists have been working animal-figures and animal-shapes into functional designs for centuries. I'ts nothing new, and nothing significant. Maybe its got some deep occult meaning, probably it doesn't. But it's there, clear as day. Trace me a smiling ardvark out of those paths on the original design without altering them and I'll be convinced. I seriously doubt it's going to happen.

David Icke touches on this whole owl thing: http://youtu.be/faWw6RxLwg8?t=17m20s

I remember looking into the whole owl=Moloch connection when i made the video (above) and i couldn't find any solid history linking the two. It's as if conspiracists like David Icke just made it up out of thin air.

aardvark_432_600x450.jpg
Original design still looks a whole hell of a lot more like an owl than a vase, a dragon, a ninja turtle, or a 'smiling ardvark'. I really fail to see where you're coming from on this point.
PeruAncientDrawings.jpg
This looks more like a smiling ardvark. Guess this is just a 'video-game easter-egg' too? Design is design. It was made to look like what it looks like, and it looks like what it looks like. This is a very silly debate.

And honestly George, I haven't the faintest. Don't particularly care either. It was just something the artist decided to work into his design for whatever reason, perhaps purely aesthetic. Artists have been working animal-figures and animal-shapes into functional designs for centuries. Its nothing new, and nothing significant.

YOU'RE of the opinion if looks more like and owl, where as others think it looks like something else (me included).

I'm not sure if you're missing the point intentionally or otherwise Grieves but it's starting to appear that way.

Original design still looks a whole hell of a lot more like an owl than a vase, a dragon, a ninja turtle, or a 'smiling ardvark'. And not 'to me', it simply does. I really fail to see where you're coming from on this point.

This looks more like a smiling ardvark. Guess this is just a 'video-game easter-egg' too? Design is design. It was made to look like what it looks like, and it looks like what it looks like. This is a very silly debate.

And honestly George, I haven't the faintest. Don't particularly care either. It was just something the artist decided to work into his design for whatever reason, perhaps purely aesthetic. Artists have been working animal-figures and animal-shapes into functional designs for centuries. Its nothing new, and nothing significant.

I'm sorry, I should have clarified as: A smiling Cerebus the Aardvark (although TBH Ninja Turtles do spring to mind as well).

I'm being totally honest here, that's where I'm coming from. I'm saying what the image reminds me of. Owl is not something it reminds me of. I can see why it might remind some people of an owl, but not me, and it does not look deliberate to me.

Why don't you show the original design to a few people, and ask what they think it looks like. Don't ask "does this look like an owl", as that's priming. As what they think it looks like, if anything.

Last edited:
After some preliminary research is seems like the fact that there is an owl statue in Bohemian Grove IS the source of the owl=Moloch misconception.

In regular sources, there a variety of uses of an Owl:

http://www.macrameowl.com/owl_symbolism.html

Global Reverence for the Owl

The owl is deeply connected with magic, shamanism and heightened senses throughout the ages. Some have thought of the owl as a “cat with wings” as they share similar characteristics of personality.

Middle and Far East

In some middle and far eastern cultures, the owl is a sacred guardian of the afterlife, ruler of the night, a seer and keeper of souls transitioning from one plane of existence to another.

Ancient Greece

The ancient Greeks attributed the owl to Athena, goddess of wisdom and foresight. This symbol was used on Greek coins and therefore also became associated with wealth.

America

Native Americans attributed owls with wisdom and sacred knowledge. The shaman would call upon Owl medicine for insight into the truth of ill-intent. Plains Indians wore owl feathers to protect against evil spirits.

Africa

West African and Aboriginal Australian cultures also saw the owl as a messenger of secrets, and companions to medicine people.

Europe

In the celtic tradition, the owl (cailleach-oidhche), represents wisdom, clairvoyance, stealth, initiation, change and detachment. Always aware of its surroundings, the owl uses intuition courageously, with insight into hidden truth, and a guide between earth creatures and Underworld deities.

During medieval times in Europe, owls were believed to be witches and wizards, shapeshifters in disguise.

Searching Usenet from 1981, the first relevant mention of the two words together comes in this 1999 post:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!topic/alt.conspiracy.new-world-order/7uBcoEOQdNg

Antony C. Sutton, Editor of an excellent monthly newsletter, PhoenixLetter, stated in the October, 1996 edition:
"Up to a few months ago, our knowledge of Bohemian Grove, the
exclusive elitist hideaway by supposedly adult wheeler dealers,
a.k.a. Washington statesman and prominent people (all male.)

We dismissed the behavior as immature, even pitiful by emotionally
disturbed juveniles and not worth attention. This is where Kissinger,
Ford, Nixon, Bechtel, Bush, Cheney, Hoover and their friends (2600
members) hang out and "relax." And if they want to behave as little
boys that is their privilege, it is private property.

Recent [O'Brien and Phillips, TRANCE Formation of America (pp 170-1)]
information may radically change this perception of Bohemian Grove.
Not merely drunkenness, unbounded use of alcohol and drugs with vague
homosexual tones (confirmed by our sources) but reported activities
much more serious - kidnaping, rape, pedophilia, sodomy, ritual
murder. Investigation is blocked under the 1947 National Security
Act. (!) And like the Omaha child abuse case, includes illegal
detention of children.

For decades, there have been vague rumors of weird goings on in
Bohemian Grove in more remote parts of its 2200 acres. Reliable
reports claim Druidic like rituals, druids in red hooded robes
marching in procession and chanting to the Great Owl (Moloch.) A
funeral pyre with "corpses." (Scores of men work in the Bohemian
Grove as servants so this party is fairly well established.)

An article in a local community newspaper, Santa Rosa Sun (1993,
July) reported on the Cult of Canaan and the legend of Moloch in
place at Bohemian Grove.
The Moloch Pagan Cult of Sacrifice is human
sacrifice. About the mid 1980s there were rumors of murders in remote
parts of the property. A local police investigation went nowhere.
State investigators on related criminal acts went nowhere.
A search of Google Books, pre-1995 find no connection between Moloch and Owl.

So it seems like the entire thing arose from the following faulty chain of reasoning:

- The Bohemian Grove Cremation of Care ceremony mentions "Vanished Babylon"
- Therefore the BG is a Babylonian Sect
- Moloch was a babylonian Deity
- Therefore they worshiop Moloch
- They worship an Owl
- Therefore Moloch is an Owl
- Therefore everything owl-like in the world is possible illuminati symbolism for Moloch.

The problem is that this connection between Moloch and Owls did not exist before the 1990s (or possibly the 1980s). It's entirely invented, and a modern invention at that.

Buy the t-shirt here

RVCA Masonic Horned Owl Tee in Royal www.shopwiki.com › ... › Wedding Gifts › Bridal Party Gifts ShopWiki has 238 results for RVCA Masonic Horned Owl Tee in Royal, including RVCA Men's Owl Tee, RVCA:The 3D ... Brazil" and RVCA logo graphic t-shirt ...

lol, nothing wrong with a bit of geekdom.

Anyway, I didn't want to have to do this, but this is all just too silly to let pass.

skitched-20130124-082501.jpg
The original plan, with visible paths traced.
pathoutline.jpg
The outline, unmodified, but by itself.
comparison.jpg
An overlay of the path design with all the various images its been suggested to resemble, as closely as I could match them... followed by an overlay on a simple artistic depiction of an owl. Pardon the grungy white borders around the outlines, happens when you work with jpegs in paint.
The Ardvark was actually relatively close, so kudos Mick, but alas it was no cigar. The owl, on the other hand, is almost a perfect match. Can we just admit its design resembles an owl and move the hell on? XD

Grieves . . . What do you believe is the intention? What does the image depict (symbolic meaning) and why can it only be visualized from the air??
I once went to a lecture at the Royal Geographical Society given by (Sir) Geoffrey Jellicoe - an esteemed landscape designer in the UK, now elsewhere. His lecture was titled: Jung and the Art of Landscape. It was about hidden aspects of the landscape, intentionally placed, to be recognized only by the subconscious (and those in the know) and not to the other senses. Perhaps, 25 or more years later it's easier to say that the consciousness rather than the unconscious mind perceives such things, or is certainly capable - we just can't read the signals most of the time. It's a fascinating subject.

I once went to a lecture at the Royal Geographical Society given by (Sir) Geoffrey Jellicoe - an esteemed landscape designer in the UK, now elsewhere. His lecture was titled: Jung and the Art of Landscape. It was about hidden aspects of the landscape, intentionally placed, to be recognized only by the subconscious (and those in the know) and not to the other senses. Perhaps, 25 or more years later it's easier to say that the consciousness rather than the unconscious mind perceives such things, or is certainly capable - we just can't read the signals most of the time. It's a fascinating subject.
I know nothing of the Masonic traditions . . . however, the Masons were historically involved in the establishment of the US . . . it would not be surprised to me that they left a few calling cards here and there for posterity . . .

lol, nothing wrong with a bit of geekdom.

comparison.jpg
An overlay of the path design with all the various images its been suggested to resemble, as closely as I could match them... followed by an overlay on a simple artistic depiction of an owl. Pardon the grungy white borders around the outlines, happens when you work with jpegs in paint.
The Ardvark was actually relatively close, so kudos Mick, but alas it was no cigar. The owl, on the other hand, is almost a perfect match. Can we just admit its design resembles an owl and move the hell on? XD

Just the shape kind of fits over that picture of an owl. But the actual shape of the paths does not look like an owl to me. It looks far more reminiscent of a face:

Last edited:
Freemasons are still a very active and present organization in both America and Canada, and have had a considerable amount of influence on construction/architecture in America. Still, I'm quite certain Freemasons (on the Canadian side at least) aren't at all what their more vocal critics think they are. My dad was one in fact, raised relatively high in the 'ranks' as it were, became something of a local 'master', achieved a status of 'Infallible and Perfect' in their ranks or some other such similar silly thing. He even learned 'the secret' apparently, but would teasingly never reveal it in spite of my insistence. He assured me however I'd be highly disappointed in it if he did tell me, and laughed out loud at the notion freemasons 'run the world'. He eventually gave up on it, having grown tired of the meetings / dues / wearing those silly bibs. They are an exceedingly cryptic bunch however... I found a little booklet once in his room which seemed to be a 'cheat-sheet' of sorts on a wonky introduction 'ritual', and the entire thing was written in code, like 'The P shall V the T, with right hand to chest, and apply the D.', all the way through. Was interesting, but hardly ominous.

Like a Tiki mask

or

You can make it fit to lots of things, if you put some time into it

Last edited:

Why favour the owl over the Maori motif? they look pretty much liek they're exactly the same "goodness of fit" to me, and a Sth Pacific connection would be much more mysterious and suggestive of aliens and a world wide conspiracy to conceal stuff than the well known symbolism of owls! :)

owl and maori.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back