Covid Stimulus Bill mandates UFO Disclosure

JMartJr

Senior Member.
My search for any discussion of this comes up empty -- if it exists and I missed it, appologies and please delete/move/etc as needed

Not sure if there is a lot to discuss yet. Though I vote for "Mick West Testifies to Congress to Prepare them the Understand a Lot of Things."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/10/us/ufo-report-emergency-relief-bill-trnd/index.html

When President Donald Trump signed the $2.3 trillion coronavirus relief and government funding bill into law in December, so began the 180-day countdown for US intelligence agencies to tell Congress what they know about UFOs.
No, really.
The director of National Intelligence and the secretary of defense have a little less than six months now to provide the congressional intelligence and armed services committees with an unclassified report about "unidentified aerial phenomena."
It's a stipulation that was tucked into the "committee comment" section of the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021, which was contained in the massive spending bill.
Pentagon to launch task force to investigate UFO sightings
Pentagon to launch task force to investigate UFO sightings

That report must contain detailed analyses of UFO data and intelligence collected by the Office of Naval Intelligence, the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force and the FBI, according to the Senate intelligence committee's directive.
It should also describe in detail "an interagency process for ensuring timely data collection and centralized analysis of all unidentified aerial phenomena reporting for the Federal Government" and designate an official responsible for that process.
Finally, the report should identify any potential national security threats posed by UFOs and assess whether any of the nation's adversaries could be behind such activity, the committee said.
The submitted report should be unclassified, the committee said, though it can contain a classified annex.
A spokesperson for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence confirmed the news to the fact-checking website Snopes.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/10/us/ufo-report-emergency-relief-bill-trnd/index.html
edit to fix typo

The government has dabbled into this before, i.e. project blue book so, to me, it just seems like a sequel to that really. Heck, I mean Blue book has been declassified so it really does feel like a sequel to that in a sense.

Why does the COVID bill mandate it though, there doesn't appear to be a correlation.

Why does the COVID bill mandate it though, there doesn't appear to be a correlation.
Sausages and laws, don't ask what goes into them.

It's part of the "INTELLIGENCE AUTHORIZATION ACT FOR FISCAL YEAR 2021", and apparently that got bundled up with the Covid bill to get a majority? Sort of like, 'if your people get money, my people get money, too'.

Article:

Dec 21 2020​

Washington, D.C. — Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Acting Chairman Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Vice Chairman Mark Warner (D-VA) applauded the upcoming passage of the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021 (IAA) as part of the bipartisan, targeted COVID-19 relief package. The bill, which was approved by the Committee on a bipartisan 14 - 1 vote on June 8, 2020 and passed the Senate on July 23, 2020 as part of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 National Defense Authorization Act, authorizes funding, provides legal authorities, and enhances Congressional oversight for the U.S. Intelligence Community.

It's part of the "INTELLIGENCE AUTHORIZATION ACT FOR FISCAL YEAR 2021", and apparently that got bundled up with the Covid bill to get a majority? Sort of like, 'if your people get money, my people get money, too'.
Ah that makes sense.

Also, here is the part of the request that deals with UFOs/UAPs

Advanced Aerial Threats

The Committee supports the efforts of the Unidentified
Aerial Phenomenon Task Force at the Office of Naval
Intelligence to standardize collection and reporting on
unidentified aerial phenomenon, any links they have to
adversarial foreign governments, and the threat they pose to
U.S. military assets and installations. However, the Committee
remains concerned that there is no unified, comprehensive
process within the Federal Government for collecting and
analyzing intelligence on unidentified aerial phenomena,
despite the potential threat. The Committee understands that
the relevant intelligence may be sensitive; nevertheless, the
Committee finds that the information sharing and coordination
across the Intelligence Community has been inconsistent, and
this issue has lacked attention from senior leaders.
Therefore, the Committee directs the DNI, in consultation
with the Secretary of Defense and the heads of such other
agencies as the Director and Secretary jointly consider
relevant, to submit a report within 180 days of the date of
enactment of the Act, to the congressional intelligence and
armed services committees on unidentified aerial phenomena
(also known as ``anomalous aerial vehicles''), including
observed airborne objects that have not been identified.
The Committee further directs the report to include:
1. A detailed analysis of unidentified aerial
phenomena data and intelligence reporting collected or
held by the Office of Naval Intelligence, including
data and intelligence reporting held by the
Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force;
2. A detailed analysis of unidentified phenomena data
collected by:
a. geospatial intelligence;
b. signals intelligence;
c. human intelligence; and
d. measurement and signals intelligence;
3. A detailed analysis of data of the FBI, which was
derived from investigations of intrusions of
unidentified aerial phenomena data over restricted
United States airspace;
4. A detailed description of an interagency process
for ensuring timely data collection and centralized
analysis of all unidentified aerial phenomena reporting
for the Federal Government, regardless of which service
or agency acquired the information;
5. Identification of an official accountable for the
process described in paragraph 4;
6. Identification of potential aerospace or other
threats posed by the unidentified aerial phenomena to
national security, and an assessment of whether this
unidentified aerial phenomena activity may be
attributed to one or more foreign adversaries;
7. Identification of any incidents or patterns that
indicate a potential adversary may have achieved
breakthrough aerospace capabilities that could put
United States strategic or conventional forces at risk;
and
8. Recommendations regarding increased collection of
data, enhanced research and development, and additional
funding and other resources.
The report shall be submitted in unclassified form, but may
include a classified annex.
Content from External Source
Source

To me it just looks like they want to ensure that other countries don't possess aerial vehicles that may threaten the US

Back