CLAIM: USS Trepang SSN 674 Submarine photographs are of UFO's

The images are believed to have been taken from the USS Trepang SSN 674 submarine as it travelled between Iceland and Norway's Jan Mayen Island.

A number of UFO hunters say the photographs are evidence of secret US aircraft tests, while others claim they are alien ships looking for places to drill for oil. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...s-Navy-photos-taken-1970s-ET-hunting-oil.html
From article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...s-Navy-photos-taken-1970s-ET-hunting-oil.html

2A5B8F5500000578-0-image-a-39_1436392437598.jpg2A5B69B700000578-3154041-A_set_of_Arctic_UFO_images_from_1971_have_set_conspiracy_forums_-a-3_...jpg2A5B69C500000578-3154041-_They_are_an_odd_selection_of_pictures_that_feature_types_of_UFO-a-9_...jpg2A5B696800000578-3154041-A_set_of_Arctic_UFO_images_from_1971_have_set_conspiracy_forums_-a-1_...jpg

Looks to me like CIA's PALLADIUM project from the Cold War, headed by Eugene Poteat. At least some of these are submarine-launched balloon-based metallic spheres being used in deception tests decades ago. More recently similar capabilities were experimented (but later shelved) by the "Cormorant" MPUAV launched from the Ohio Class submarines in the early 2000s, complete with rocket boosters falling off the UAV after launch and burn-out. Such EW capabilities were/are designed for radar and IR spoofing of the enemy, and could have even accounted for the tic-tac observations of Fravor and crew accompanied by strange radar signatures.

the Black Vault already did most of the digging (foia, all the ships logs, interivews withthe captain and periscope guy)
Article:
However, after some research, it is possible these were naval target balloons, and the USS Trepang was conducting a weapons test of some kind. As indicated and referenced/sourced above, “From 22 February to 22 March [1971], the nuclear attack submarine operated beneath the northern ice cap, conducting extensive tests to provide data for her weapons systems, as well as carrying out scientific experiments concerning the movement, composition, and geological history of the cap itself.”

1690454494096.png

n July 12th, 2015, another updated was released by Alex Mistretta, working with Steve Murillo:

Steve spoke with the Admiral Dean R Sackett and I have been in touch with John Klika, both named by the source who released the pictures as principal participants in this saga. Both men were indeed on the Trepang SSN 674, in March of 1971 in the Arctic. Admiral Sackett denied seen anything unusual while onboard the Trepang. He gracefully took two phone calls from Steve and checked out the pictures that we sent him privately. He could not identify what was in the pictures. John Klika also confirmed that he was also on the Trepang in March of 1971, but told me that neither himself or anyone else saw anything unusual while in the Arctic. He found the investigation interesting reading, and doesn’t know what the pictures represent. I believe them. I feel confident in saying the Trepang was not involved in the taking of the photographs. The photographs remain a mystery, no doubt. This investigation is far from over. The veracity, or lack off, of the photographs themselves is partly removed from the location and said provenance. They may be authentic and highly unsual, or they may be more mundane objects that in time I will identify. Furthermore, there is the issue of provenance, which is unknown. Are they really from the Arctic, and from an American sub? On the later point, there was another sub in the region, just a month before the Trepang, and that is the USS Skate USN 578. Ergo, the investigation continues.

I have often wondered if this one in particular:
Capture.JPG
might be a drop of water on the periscope. Does anybody know if that's a thing that happens, and if so might it appear that large in the FOV?

I think that image is deceptive. It 'looks' like a triangular craft, but upon closer observation one can see the sausage shaped balloon at the top. I think the stuff below that is either equipment hanging below the balloon....or...I think more likely....the shadow of the balloon on a fog bank.

Capture.JPG
might be a drop of water on the periscope. Does anybody know if that's a thing that happens, and if so might it appear that large in the FOV?

Can't say I'd expect water droplets to make that kind of outline. Surface tension should make the outline smooth and round-ish.

This is the one that seems odd to me, especially the blurry underside. It more closely resembles a small spit of land with shrubs reflecting in water. A division between calm and choppy water could give the illusion of a horizon and make it appear to be in the air.IMG_0220.jpeg

The third image, is that a photography of a printed "double page" picture (not sure how to describe that in English... One image printed over two pages in a book or magazine). There's a us navy copyright mark on it, is that even a thing?

Also, given previous posts, I'd say the two pipsqueaks on the right in the first image are the only interesting ones.

This is the one that seems odd to me, especially the blurry underside. It more closely resembles a small spit of land with shrubs reflecting in water. A division between calm and choppy water could give the illusion of a horizon and make it appear to be in the air.IMG_0220.jpeg
Would there be such a division in the water, though? A fata morgana might fit the bill, but is the shading consistent with and inverted image? Wouldn't the bright side be at the bottom?

What about a plane? The image seems to be considerably zoomed in, compared to the others. The "crack" in the image is probably the periscope sights, since it seems more or less perpendicular to the horizon. It seems to be symmetrical enough to be artificial.

Can't say I'd expect water droplets to make that kind of outline. Surface tension should make the outline smooth and round-ish.
Sure, but then micro-scratches or imperfections in the glass or Factor X that I haven't thought of can throw that tendency off...
3-water-droplets-on-glass-huseyin-bilgen.jpg

Sure, but then micro-scratches or imperfections in the glass or Factor X that I haven't thought of can throw that tendency off...
3-water-droplets-on-glass-huseyin-bilgen.jpg

The shape is plausible, alright! Memory -1!

Shading is an issue though. I tried finding cases where it's not, but it seems to me that the bright side is always (?!) on the underside (why?), and never (?!) as thin as it shows in the picture of the thingamajig.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wet...&client=ubuntu-sn&hs=giW#imgrc=Sde4mk_YBYS6EM A google search showing images of water on glass.

Last edited:
Shading is an issue though. I tried finding cases where it's not, but it seems to me that the bright side is always (?!) on the underside (why?), and never (?!) as thin as it shows in the picture of the thingamajig.
They're bright on the bottom because the light from the sky is coming from the top. Each drop acts, however imperfectly, as a convex lens, and flips the image. If you were to see something beyond the glass, its image would be upside down. Sorry, I've just looked for a good image of that effect but haven't found one yet.

A pinhole will do the same. When I lived out west, we had a long Venetian blind on one window, and when the sun was setting behind the mountain we could clearly see a complete row of little upside down mountains on the opposite wall, from the little holes where the cord went through the blinds.

Edit to add: Aha, I found a good photo! It's a dangling water drop, so it is much rounder than it would be if it were somewhat flattened on a pane of glass, but it works the same way and you can see an entire landscape inverted in the drop.
IMG_2103.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't know anything about naval periscopes, but wouldn't we expect the reticle ("crosshairs") to be at 90 degrees?
(Same goes for, e.g., a service camera).

2A5B8F5500000578-0-image-a-39_1436392437598 (2).jpg

I don't know anything about naval periscopes, but wouldn't we expect the reticle ("crosshairs") to be at 90 degrees?
(Same goes for, e.g., a service camera).

2A5B8F5500000578-0-image-a-39_1436392437598 (2).jpg
Yes, there's a line above on the far left hand side that lines up better,
Or the line going right/left could even be mainland no?
its much dimmer on the right than the vertical line.

Back