Claim: US is funding al-Qaeda in Syria

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread seems to be getting a bit rambly. The problem being that it started with a claim, not a claim of evidence.
Their cant be evidence Yet . If their was The American people would be outraged . There was no evidence who launched the Chemical Attacks that almost got us into war .

The title of the video "Al-Qaeda in Syria testing new American weapons" is wrong. The guys firing the bgm-71 tow are not Al-Qaeda. They are from the Hazzm Movement. Their logo is even plastered in the video.

Hazzm_Movement_Logo.jpg

Abdullah Awda, 28, heads the Harakat Hazm rebel group, which recently announced that it had received the first advanced American weaponry to be dispatched to Syria since the conflict began.

The small number of BGM-71 missiles, about two decades old and hardly better than similar Russian and French models acquired by the rebels from allies and the black market over the past year, will not change the game in the fight against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, the fighters say.

--Washington Post
Content from External Source
Their original name of Harakat Zaman Mohammad was dropped in favor of its current name, although they use the acronym [HZM]. Its original slogan, "And fight against the disbelievers collectively," was replaced, but the verse was kept in their founding statement's introduction. The sword logo was kept.
Not good for any Christians or Atheist in Syria . Sounds like a terrorist group ? http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/19874

SR 1419 I watched the Frontline Vid . Now watch mine tell me what you think ? "VICE filmmaker managed to secure unprecedented access to both al-Qaeda factions battling Syria's government forces, despite the risk of journalists being kidnapped. This is a remarkable portrait of the foreign volunteers and local Syrians willing to fight and die to establish a new caliphate on Europe's doorstep ".

Neither have you because many of his links have no facts just speculation . Veterans Today ? Really ? Thats worse then Infowars

For Pete's sake! Veterans Today are one of the sources claiming that the US is funding Al-Qaeda in Syria. I linked to VT specifically because their claims are speculation and not based in fact.

Here again is the VT article I linked to in the OP.

the Pentagon is giving Al Qaeda and the Taliban funding, even though Al Qaeda and the Taliban are planning to carry out attacks on US citizens. How can this be happening? It would appear the US government is at war with their own people.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/08/03/its-official-us-funding-al-qaeda-and-taliban/

This thread is unfocused. If you've got some specific claims of evidence that can be debunked, then feel free to start a new thread. But right now it's just an argument, with an increasingly large pile of mixed "evidence".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back