CLAIM: UFO's & F16's engaged in a dogfight over Michigan on June 3

ManInBlack

Witnesses have made some shocking and stunning claims about a dogfight between a UFO and fighter jets, but the military is telling a very different story.

Witnesses claim they saw a pair of F-16s scramble to engage in a “dogfight” with a UFO near Bad Axe, Michigan back on June 3, according to a report received by the National UFO Reporting Center.
SOURCE: https://www.outkick.com/fighter-jets-ufo-dogfight-lake-huron/

Additional source:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y4kIGNP9o0

Just a cautionary word: NUFORC is a privately run organization which promises anonymity to its callers, meaning that fact-checking any reports would be very difficult indeed. From a newspaper article about the group:

HARRINGTON, Lincoln County —
This town of 430, an hour’s drive west of Spokane, surrounded by rolling acres of wheat fields, is the home of Peter Davenport, 74.

Seven days a week, in a one-man operation (except for a webmaster), he runs the National UFO Reporting Center. This is his 28th year.

He estimates he’s meticulously logged 180,000 reports since he took over the site in 1994 from the late Bob Gribble, a Seattle firefighter with a fascination for UFOs. And they just keep coming.
"On a typical day, between 10% to 80% of calls placed to our hotline are crank calls,” says Davenport. “It started in a serious sense in 2017, when a young girl in Portland built a website of 10 scary telephone numbers to call. That’s given rise to between 30,000 to 40,000 crank calls in the last five years.”
Content from External Source
https://www.seattletimes.com/pacifi...man-records-ufo-sightings-others-debunk-them/
(emphasis mine).

Article:
Witnesses claim they saw a pair of F-16s scramble to engage in a “dogfight” with a UFO near Bad Axe, Michigan back on June 3, according to a report received by the National UFO Reporting Center.

The only witness identified by name by the Huron Daily Tribune is Christopher Bilbrey, and he told the outlet, “The UAP was extremely fast. It was capable of overtaking and outmaneuvering the fighter jets with extreme ease. It would overtake a jet, stop suddenly and seemed to turn toward the incoming jet (sic) like spin in their direction without moving.

He also claimed one of the fighter jets fired anti-missile flares during the engagement.

However, authorities in the region are raising more questions than answers. Unlike the situation in Las Vegas where the police admitted to seeing something fall out of the sky, local authorities in the region have no idea what the hell happened or if anything did at all.

Huron County Sheriff Kelly Hanson told the Huron Daily his office has no records of any reports. Seems like something you’d call the police for if you saw F-16s deploying flares during a dogfight over Michigan. I guess none of the witnesses thought to do so.

Hanson also said if F-16s were scrambled, they would have had to come from the 180th Fighter Wing in Toledo, Ohio.

I reached out to the 180th Fighter Wing to see what was going on and got a different version of events of what happened June night.

A representative from the 180th Fighter Wing told me there were absolutely jets in the Bad Axe area, but they were definitely not “scrambled” to engage any UFO.

Instead, the jets were doing dogfighting exercises, which is what the representative believes the witnesses say. She told me point blank there was no UFO, jets never engaged anything from a different world but planes were training in the area.

Sounds like the usual "people saw military jets and flares during a training exercise and thought it was a UFO" kind of story. I don't really get the angle of "authorities in the region are raising more questions than answers"--the sheriff didn't know about any F-16s but told the reporter who to ask about it, they asked, and found out about F-16s deployed in training exercises.

What made it a "dogfight"? Did the witnesses claim to see bullets being fired or just some lights and some F-16s?

Back