Chemtrails Global Skywatch facebook discussion

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
This is what has them all in a tizzy today:

Clearly the Matrix can only be perceived when you are in a car.

I think that's the type of thing where a lot of people will simply be unable to be convinced otherwise. You can clearly see the plane is not moving, so any explanation involving scale, speed, perspective, and parallax is entirely irrelevant.

For most people it's an entertaining little optical illusion (like the moon following you). For some people it's just more evidence that reality is fake.

captfitch

Senior Member.
"When he was 6 he believed that the moon overhead followed him. By nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for facts.... No trade-backs. So this is what it's like to be an adult. If he only knew now, what he knew then."

Sometimes the love affair with the magic makes people feel great. I wish I still thought the moon followed me home at night.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
"When he was 6 he believed that the moon overhead followed him. By nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for facts.... No trade-backs. So this is what it's like to be an adult. If he only knew now, what he knew then."

Sometimes the love affair with the magic makes people feel great. I wish I still thought the moon followed me home at night.

There's a broad chasm to cross between the childhood love of magic and an adult love of science. Most people leave magic behind. Some make it all the way across to science. Most lose the need for wonder. Some go back to magic. Some never leave.

captfitch

Senior Member.
I often wonder what the biological advantage is of having a few members of a group believe in conspiracy theories. Did we need someone in our evolutionary past to think there was a predator in the bushes? Even if there was no predator there? The food wasn't always good to eat, even if it was? Maybe it was to keep us from becoming complacent.

Is there already a discussion on this here?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I often wonder what the biological advantage is of having a few members of a group believe in conspiracy theories. Did we need someone in our evolutionary past to think there was a predator in the bushes? Even if there was no predator there? The food wasn't always good to eat, even if it was? Maybe it was to keep us from becoming complacent.

Is there already a discussion on this here?

That's kind of the gist of Michael Shermer's books
http://www.michaelshermer.com/the-believing-brain/

captfitch

Senior Member.
Makes me wish I flew more so I had more time to read books like that. But I wonder if he discusses it from a group perspective, I've heard many answers to why people believe on an individual level. I'm interested in why one out of 1000 believes something.

JRBids

Senior Member.
"That's a lamp post". LOL that is too much. Yesterday one conspiracy related page was accusing TPTB of causing them to double post on FB.

Mumbles

Nice reference, that's a great track :)

Cairenn

Senior Member.
The same here with me and seeing the Dallas tornado in 1957 from about a 1/2 mile away encouraged that. My mom tended to allow the weather to frighten her--my dad told a story about coming in from work to find her wearing a raincoat and with her umbrella open, in the house because she was afraid a storm would take the roof off. Someone had to keep their head on straight in Texas springs, and since it wasn't going to be my mom, it had to be me, since my dad was at work.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Belfrey Global Skywatch: Sampling Chemtrails In the Sky with Swiss Filmmaker Matthias Hancke Contrails and Chemtrails 69
Mick West Debunked: AnonSec's NASA Hack, Global Hawk Hijack, Evidence of Chemtrails [Public Domain Data] General Discussion 32
Gabriel Incertis Claim: MOREGELLON'S Is Patent US 6245531 And It Is Not A Disease Health and Quackery 6
Mick West Debunked: The Science Claims of Global March Against Chemtrails and Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Mick West Debunked: Global Dimming vs. Global Brightening, as evidence for Geoengineering or Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 66
David Fraser Global March Against Chemtrails and Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 340
Mick West Debunked: ArtificialClouds.com claims silver iodide causes chemtrails/global warming! Contrails and Chemtrails 125
Leifer My old videos.... re: chemtrails..... Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 1
Mick West TFTRH #13: Professor David Keith – Geoengineering Research and the Chemtrails Conspiracy Theory Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 2
Mick West TFTRH #11: Jim Lee – Chemtrails, Geoengineering, Conspiracies, and Semantics Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 1
Trailblazer Explained: video of concentric circular "chemtrails" (E-3 Sentry AWACS plane, Feb 1 2019) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Ben Geddy Happy to have found this site and Mick thru JRE! Practical Debunking 4
Mick West YouTube adds Encyclopedia Britannica article on Contrails to "Chemtrail" Videos Contrails and Chemtrails 18
FlightMuj Claims of Predictions of Chemtrails in Old Texts Contrails and Chemtrails 3
M Bornong Can Belief in Chemtrails and/or other Conspiracy Theories Lead to Violence? Contrails and Chemtrails 4
skephu Solar geoengineering and the chemtrails conspiracy on social media Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Chemtrails and the Anti-Vaccine Movement Contrails and Chemtrails 34
MikeG Debunked: Air Force Verifies Chemtrails are Real Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West Banff Chemtrails Billboard Worries David Keith Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Quantifying Expert Consensus Against Covert Geoengineering / Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 116
skephu Debunked: Dutch Government Admit Chemtrails Exist Contrails and Chemtrails 7
mrfintoil Debunked: CIA Director admits chemtrails, geoengineering, stratospheric aerosol injection Contrails and Chemtrails 24
C Strange Flickering in Contrail Video Posted in Earlier Thread [Focussing artifacts] Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Trailblazer Russ Tanner accidentally debunks chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Demythologizing Prince's reference to "Chemtrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 5
ParanoidSkeptic Chemtrails: Experiments on the Public Contrails and Chemtrails 5
MikeC New Zealand Ministry of Environment reply to "chemtrail" query Contrails and Chemtrails 6
F Explained: Video of plane leaving "6 chemtrails, then 2" [Mixed Exhaust and Aerodynamic Contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West Debunked: Article: "Court Takes Child From Mother After She Mentions Chemtrails At School" Contrails and Chemtrails 92
skephu Chuck Norris on chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Mick West Vice: 'It Was Like a Cult': Leaving the World of Online Conspiracy Theories Escaping The Rabbit Hole 4
skephu Paul Beckwith (climate scientist) on chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 19
JFDee Debunked: Lichens and Moss on Trees Caused by Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Sausalito Spectral analysis of alleged "chemtrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Jay Reynolds Safya Yassin, Missouri ISIS supporter and chemtrails believer arrested for threats Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Trailblazer Chemtrail response from Swiss Federal Office of the Environment Contrails and Chemtrails 3
MikeG Climate Change War Games Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Mick West Persistent Trails Survey Shows Chemtrail Believers Only Recently Noticed Persistent Trails Contrails and Chemtrails 32
Dan Page idea: a "Debunked" Stamp Practical Debunking 9
Z 3 military helicopters Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
MikeG Giant Snowflakes [Rimed Dendrites] Contrails and Chemtrails 24
Balance Blatant photoshop deceit of BP refueling tank Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Dan Page Claim: Mobile app uses atmospheric data to prove chemtrails vs contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 12
MikeG Futurism and Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 4
MikeG Accidental Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 7
MikeG Debunked: HAARP Caught in Action Contrails and Chemtrails 28
Ray Von Geezer Ian Simpson / Look-up.org.uk debunks chemtrails & geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 13
skephu Parallel lines of clouds (Virginia Beach) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Ray Von Geezer George Monbiot in the Guardian on "Chemtrails" & Look-up.org.uk Contrails and Chemtrails 26
Dan Page Is Belief in "Chemtrails" Growing? Contrails and Chemtrails 63
Related Articles

Related Articles