Carnicom, Moregllons & nano fibres

WavedRhyme

Hi id just like your takes on the morgellons disease, if it actually exists, ive been on the carnicom institute website and some of the stuff posted on that shows some strange if you like images of black substances which he claims come from an airborne filament sample and speculates this is the morgellons filament and also what is up with the people who are complaining of seeing nano fibres (multi-coloured thread-like pieces) coming out of their skin? some conspiracists believe it to be trans-humanism.

Hi id just like your takes on the morgellons disease, if it actually exists, ive been on the carnicom institute website and some of the stuff posted on that shows some strange if you like images of black substances which he claims come from an airborne filament sample and speculates this is the morgellons filament and also what is up with the people who are complaining of seeing nano fibres (multi-coloured thread-like pieces) coming out of their skin? some conspiracists believe it to be trans-humanism.

Morgellons is a list of common symptoms with a wide variety of causes. Fibers are everywhere, so people find them stuck to their skin and their excoriations from time to time.

Of interest:

Morgellons (also called Morgellons disease or Morgellons syndrome) is a name given to a condition in 2002 by Mary Leitao[1] where sufferers have the delusional belief that they are infested with parasites, whereas in reality no such parasites are present. Sufferers may exhibit a range of cutaneous symptoms such as crawling, biting, and stinging sensations (formication) and persistent skin lesions (e.g., rashes or sores). These have been consistently identified by medical science[2] including dermatologists,[3] entomologists,[4] and psychiatrists,[5] as consistent with delusional parasitosis.[6]

Despite the lack of evidence that Morgellons is a novel or distinct condition, the absence of any agreed set of diagnostic symptoms, and the existence of an existing medically accepted diagnosis in delusional parasitosis, Leitao's "Morgellons Research Foundation" and self-diagnosed patients successfully lobbied members of Congress and the U.S. government's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to investigate the condition.[2][7]

CDC researchers issued the results of their multi-year study in January 2012, indicating that there were no disease organisms present in Morgellons patients, the fibers found were normal clothing fibers, and suggested that patients' sensations were manifestations of "delusional infestation".[8][9]

Content from External Source

Of interest:

Morgellons (also called Morgellons disease or Morgellons syndrome) is a name given to a condition in 2002 by Mary Leitao[1] where sufferers have the delusional belief that they are infested with parasites, whereas in reality no such parasites are present. Sufferers may exhibit a range of cutaneous symptoms such as crawling, biting, and stinging sensations (formication) and persistent skin lesions (e.g., rashes or sores). These have been consistently identified by medical science[2] including dermatologists,[3] entomologists,[4] and psychiatrists,[5] as consistent with delusional parasitosis.[6]

Despite the lack of evidence that Morgellons is a novel or distinct condition, the absence of any agreed set of diagnostic symptoms, and the existence of an existing medically accepted diagnosis in delusional parasitosis, Leitao's "Morgellons Research Foundation" and self-diagnosed patients successfully lobbied members of Congress and the U.S. government's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to investigate the condition.[2][7]

CDC researchers issued the results of their multi-year study in January 2012, indicating that there were no disease organisms present in Morgellons patients, the fibers found were normal clothing fibers, and suggested that patients' sensations were manifestations of "delusional infestation".[8][9]

sorry mick, can you elaborate further on these fibers? are you and this source saying that these fibers are just off clothing that are stuck to the skin? i dont see how fibers can stick and look like they are growing out of the skin that come from clothing, it sounds fishy in my opinion

sorry mick, can you elaborate further on these fibers? are you and this source saying that these fibers are just off clothing that are stuck to the skin? i dont see how fibers can stick and look like they are growing out of the skin that come from clothing, it sounds fishy in my opinion

Yes, it is fishy. Fibers can stick. People can imagine fishy things. As far as Carnicom goes, search his website for a real lab analysis. Ask him for one if you like. When you come up empty-handed, you will know how Janet felt.

https://www.metabunk.org/posts/853

Last edited by a moderator:
By definition, you cannot see anything 'nano' with you eyes.

More stuff from old threads:

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2001/1215/p1981.html

http://www.txid.org/?page_id=23

https://picasaweb.google.com/morgellonswatch/NotMorgellons?fgl=true&pli=1&fgl=true

http://morgellonswatch.com/2006/04/11/fibers-are-everywhere/

http://conniehwangdesign.com/proj_artmuseum.php

Please note that Mr carnicom has no idea what he is doing in regards to science, or anything really.

his page of cell cultures is nothing more than non sterile dishes of various undocumented bacteria and bread mold, subjected to arbitrary tests which are conducted in an unscientific manner. ive taken his data to several groups of professional and amateur chemists and mycologists and they wouldnt even help debunk it because it was so awful.. i was told three times they didnt see it a good use of time because it was so obviously flawed and didnt see the point. clearly they didnt expect anyone to ever take it seriously.

qualified professionals acting as moderators at sciencemadness told me it was bellow the quality of work they see when dealing with 'clandestine' chemists on their forum. i would have to agree.

Having done some work with edible fungus cultures myself i can attest to the hilarious PITA of sterile technique and from what i can see in the few shots you can see his 'lab' in, it doesn't look much more well equipped than mine has ever been. im sort of impressed to see a liquid chromatography column but that doesn't really say anything at all. ive seen MDMA cooks use them to produce a more pure product.

id also like to point out he does not seem to be working in a pos pressure environment or under a laminar flow hood at all times either... i see a power supply made of daisy chained 6v batteries.. all things i think are perfectly acceptable for a home lab, yet id never make such claims from my home lab(when i had it set up, ive since strayed a bit from my chem/bio hobby). i am still stuck on the arbitrary use of red wine as a culture medium. that screams incompetence on so many levels.

Edit: i also see canning jars being used, tupperware... things that are fine if you are making drugs or growing shitakes, but not okay if you are warping the minds of vulnerable people around the world.

I see he is holding his post column purified protein extract in a canning jar while also using the jar lid... now i know for a FACT the metal/paint/rubber seals on those lids leach and are not even up the my standards, let alone that of biological research..... also note the jar is outside a flow hood, with a camera held above it post purification with nothing preventing debris from falling in..... incompetence. i wouldnt culture lions mane mushroom mycelium under these conditions.....
--https://www.metabunk.org/threads/424-What-is-Carnicom-Doing-here?highlight=carnicom,+lab

you can tell from his obvious lack of control units, environmental/contamination controls, reproducible tests, and experiment quality that he is not performing science. Nothing else really matters beyond that. if the method is flawed, nothing he has to say about it matters. all the spectroscope stuff is hogwash. he only takes spectrum data when the sky is flooded with the color of light he is looking for. all things a true researcher would predict and control for....

now aside from what little there is to show of what he actually does, there is ALOT of words, words that seem to say alot, but actually dont. they sound complicated and sciencey, hell he has some pages in there that for a moment seem beyond my grasp(until you notice it is being used out of context), but to the informed, they mean nothing and sound childish and out of touch. this is intentional on his part id have to say. He is skipping whole swaths of the scientific method.

i am trying not to be overly critical or insulting in this post but its just really hard not to be when the quality of his 'work' is just so poor and the text he produces has about as much correlation to his 'tests' as a fairy tale. I wouldnt let him grow tomatoes or shitakes for me, nor would i let him brew me an ale.. all hobbies of mine, and task in which i employ tighter variable and contamination control than he does in his 'research'......

id please ask you to refer to the www.morgellonswatch.com website for info on MGD(not the comments...), and to just ignore anything Mr carnicom has to say. nearly every bit if info you will come across has already been talked about and covered and is probably on that site. to repost it all here would do you a disservice when its already in one nice place.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm going to oversimplify: Fibers are not smooth. Any episode of any TV crime drama will show that they adhere to damn near anything, especially skin, which also isn't smooth, KEY WORDS YOU USED: "look like."

also as per any reports of fibers embedded in the skin, while i would postulate that >90% of these are delusions, the remainder are almost for sure colored bits of fiberglass. it too is everywhere, used in everything, gets stuck inside you, and your body pushes it out.

having experienced this on both my arms after being a fool and not wearing proper cloths while helping to make a speaker box i too may have thought i was growing blue spider legs.

hi im new. heres my thing. i moved back to my folks huse after mom died to help dad 4 years ago. ( im 45) my skin went balistic. there are so many people trying to scare people about this, its not a govt conspirisy, ( i hope!) i went to 3 dermatologists, biopsys said ( one i couldnt read a word of) the other basicly said bugs.
i think we are dealing with a new breed of bug. they get under our skin to use us as hosts, i can feel when they are attacking me. the reason i know it is not in my head is 1.if you can see my open sores, its not in my head! 2 its scares the hell out of you. you look like something out of a horror flick.3when i feel them attack, i put permethrin ( for mites,scabies, but hey, bugs is bugs) on and the sensation stops.
im a very rational person. i try to point out obvios scams ,like that FAR infrared thing, and i try to tel people NOT to do crazy things to screw up your skin! i got it under control, for the most part, because i have cleaned every inch of this 2200 sq ft house.im convinced its a new breed of bug. thats my take on it.ill show pics if requested, but they are not for faint of heart.
i am not a person to sit back and boo hoo because of open sores. hello, open sores! thats something not normal! i fixed it. but not by pouring gasoline on myself...people are scared to the point they want to kill themselfs. so CDC can say it doesnt exist, maybe the NAME morgellons wont stick, but something is definatly going on. and its terrifing people.

Back