Blue skies memory problem

Balance

Senior Member.
Would it be helpful if we began a Blue Skies evidence thread showing pictures/videos of such events including time and place? It might become quite a strong rebuttal against false memory syndrome.

This is almost vertical shot taken from Dorset, UK. The timestamp was synched with my laptop (which is synched with internet.time) yesterday.

IMAG0006.JPG

It might become quite a strong rebuttal against false memory syndrome.

If only people who continue to assert the alleged "lack" of blue skies (according to their "recollection" of memory) would bother to study the evidence! I'd venture to add that there are literally thousands of examples of such video evidence (of skies in the past appearing no appreciably different than they do today) in any number of commercially available motion picture and television productions, over the last many decades.

I see blue skies all the time. People who exercise selective memory and confirmation bias are beyond showing anything.

Can I just mention that in psychological terms not been able to recall something is not False Memory Syndrome. Their memory of the time may actually be correct and I don't know if it is helpful to claim they are false (or implanted).

Can I just mention that in psychological terms not been able to recall something is not False Memory Syndrome. Their memory of the time may actually be correct and I don't know if it is helpful to claim they are false (or implanted).

I think you are correct, the term "Confirmation Bias" (as mentioned by 'Hama Neggs') is probably more accurately descriptive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

... the tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.
Content from External Source
(Just an easy-to-find example, using Wiki. I am sure there are various other corroborating sources).

Maybe the problem isn't that the sky is less blue now but it was more blue in the past and it just look normal now. :D

Ok, I'll try to remember that, thanks. :D

Can I just also clarify, the intention is to rebut those that say "I want my blue skies back" and claim they no longer see blue skies currently due to contrail coverage, hence the suggestion to post pics/videos of current blue skies when we see them

Last edited:

I think sometimes though "False Memory" might be accurate, as they have an actual false memory of super blue skies.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-the-sky-was-bluer.494/

I started a thread on ATS a while ago, using the term "implanted" to attract attention.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread704126/pg1

Venice, California, just now:

The chemtrail folk will claim this shows a haze - which indeed it does, us being next to the ocean with a constant onshore flow contributes somewhat. But it's perfectly natural for the sky to look a bit whiter towards the horizon. But for some reason, people tend to remember the skies of their childhood as a solid color - which is physically impossible. On a clear day, straight up is always going to be a deeper blue than towards the horizon.

On a clear day, straight up is always going to be a deeper blue than towards the horizon.

Yes, and as it pertains specifically to the Greater Los Angeles region, the skies are actually MORE clear and bluer today than when I was a youngster growing up here! All due to improvements in air pollution levels reduction, primarily in ground-based vehicle emissions regulations and restrictions.

Yes, and as it pertains specifically to the Greater Los Angeles region, the skies are actually MORE clear and bluer today than when I was a youngster growing up here! All due to improvements in air pollution levels reduction, primarily in ground-based vehicle emissions regulations and restrictions.

Yes, but chemtrail believers still make claims about "global dimming" being the recent result of "spraying" campaigns.

Yes, but chemtrail believers still make claims about "global dimming"...

Yes, I see that phrase often. It is a nonsensical, made-up term with little actual meaning, nor scientific evidence.

As I often suggest, one need only find and compare any number of decades-old satellite photos of the Earth to the modern ones of today, to see there are virtually no appreciable differences.

Yes, I see that phrase often. It is a nonsensical, made-up term with little actual meaning, nor scientific evidence.

As I often suggest, one need only find and compare any number of decades-old satellite photos of the Earth to the modern ones of today, to see there are virtually no appreciable differences.

There's quite a bit of science behind global dimming, most of which finds it's now in the negative range:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/gl...idence-for-geoengineering-or-chemtrails.2182/

There's quite a bit of science behind global dimming, most of which finds it's now in the negative range:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/gl...idence-for-geoengineering-or-chemtrails.2182/

Oh, I had missed that. So basically, the "dimming" claims had validity, but about two decades ago. And that ties in (the "dimming") with the spreading of air pollution (primarily from ground-based sources) that has been alleviated somewhat over the last several decades by many western industrialized nations imposing more stringent environmental restrictions.

Except it appears to be a problem in China (particularly), where they are experiencing some out-of-control air pollution (what we've always called "smog" here in LA). So, they may be encountering "dimming" of a sort locally and regionally...at least until they wise up and begin to implement more strict pollution emission standards.

And of course you get a huge difference per camera, and with different camera settings.
Back in the day i use to use a polarizing filter to make a very dark blue sky. And in black and white it produced almost black skys. The filter had 2 lenses one of which rotated to change the polarity.

Back in the day i use to use a polarizing filter to make a very dark blue sky. And in black and white it produced almost black skys. The filter had 2 lenses one of which rotated to change the polarity.

If people were to wear polarized sunglasses, then this would also affect their recollection of the sky.

Back