Arizona skywatch at it again

MikeC

Closed Account
On ASW's home page there is a link to a 2009 Phoenix Air Particulates Lab report with some of the usual alarming stats, and some confusing info.

It starts with some bar charts purporting to show the amount of various elements found in their samples compared with the "Maximum Contaminant Limit" - eg Aluminium is shown with 30,000ppm found, vs a MCL of 2ppm.

At het bottom of the report is a table giving some values for the various materials - some are given as ppm, others as a percentage - eg Aluminiuum is shown as "3.9%", which they have translated to 39,000ppm for the graph - fair enough.

A few lines lower is a link to Arizona soil air & water charts, and here's the intersting bit -

We have designated the "Maximum Contaminant Level", or toxic limit, of these materials in the soil to be twice that for surface water.

they also make this statement in regard to particulate samples taken with HEPA filters from the air.

Essentially they have invented their own limits for soil and particulate samples!

So back to their actual measurements - they have found that their soil is 3.9% aluminium......and what do we know about the prevalence of aluminium in the earth's crust? That is makes up about 8% of it....so they are complainng that their soil has roughly half the average amount of aluminium!:confused::confused:

I find the combination of dishonesty and stupidity breath taking!:rolleyes:

Indeed. What I really find surprising is that even though they have invested considerable effort in taking these samples, getting them tested, and making graphs of the results, they still continue to promote them as if they are tests of the composition of the air, when they are tests of the composition of the particulates in the air.

Maybe that just sounds like a semantic difference to them? But it's like the difference between the amount of salt in sea water, and the amount of salt in sea salt.

Ah - I thought I'd seen it before - you have it at http://contrailscience.com/chemtrail-non-science/

The reason I "rediscovered" ASW is that they are apparently aboutto release their 2010 report - according to this post at Carnicom.

A new preliminary draft report by Arizona Skywatch shows dramatic increases in heavy metals that simply do not belong in our air. NOTE: The level of Manganese is so shockingly high that Arizona Skywatch also included additional information about it (see below). This report will be posted online shortly.(3) Here are the pre-publication results. [NOTE: the Manganese and Copper ratio.]

This is only a preliminary overview of Arizona air particulates.
2010 Air Particulates
These figures indicate how many times they are over the “allowable” toxic limit:
Aluminum: 15.8
Antimony: 63.3 [This is not a typo]
Arsenic: 418 [This is not a typo]
Barium: 5.3
Cadmium: 6
Chromium: 6.4
Copper: 9
Iron: 43.5 [This is not a typo]
Lead: 15.7
Manganese: 513.8 [This is not a typo]
Nickel: 10.7
Zinc: 7.5

And part of their "additional info" about Manganese states -

Manganese is one of the most abundant metals in soils....

Their information is a direct cut and paste of info from sites such as http://www.lenntech.com/periodic/elements/mn.htm - it is common across the web.

the link from Manganese to BSE is from a chap called Mark Purdy, deceased in 2006, who was a British farmer who was a BSE "campaigner" with some unproven ideas of how that disease came about including an imbalance of manganese & copper.

Anyway - back to the report - I anticipate that they are still measuring dirt.......

Well, comparing their reports, the level of aluminum has gone down from 19,500 times the limit, to a mere 15.8. Quite an improvement! I guess they switched over to manganese and arsenic.

I don't think they were testing just dirt, probably some byproduct of their collection process. I suspect though that they totally fail to account for the volume of air they filter.

KPHO in Phoenix came down pretty hard on Arizona Sky Watch:
http://www.kpho.com/news/26970058/detail.html

I've noticed that over the years, the local news stations run with chemtrails during a "sweeps" month like February.
The chemmies take it as a "breakthrough", only to be disappointed when nothing further comes out of it. The stations probably have several 'edgy' stories that they use as teasers to get people to watch. In a way, the chemies are being used by the stations the same way that people like William Thomas, Michael Murphy, and others use them, just tools really.

I've watched the hoax since long before the name chemtrails existed, and for a long time have ignored it, but still follow once in awhile. Nice to see you folks are interested in doing something.
Jay Reynolds

they don't look like they realise that they HAVE done anything wrong.

Another of their links is to Maricopa County Health Trends from 2001 to 2005 (this downloads a small .xls spreadsheet) - Alzheimers, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Primary Hypertension, Atherosclerosis and suicide are up in both numbers and rate per 100,000 population from 2001 tto 2005.

But cancers, HIV, diabetes and influenza and pneumonia are down.

According to their site these numbers "confirm the effects of these toxins on our health." - no attempt is made to actually link any of the toxins to the health problems at all, nor is any attempt made to show that other factors are not relevant to the increases - eg an aging population might be relevant to some of them?

Well if anyone was wondering, they still don't really get it. Here's an exchange between their support and a local chemtrail forum admin:

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
KPHO in Phoenix came down pretty hard on Arizona Sky Watch:
http://www.kpho.com/news/26970058/detail.html

I've noticed that over the years, the local news stations run with chemtrails during a "sweeps" month like February.
The chemmies take it as a "breakthrough", only to be disappointed when nothing further comes out of it. The stations probably have several 'edgy' stories that they use as teasers to get people to watch. In a way, the chemies are being used by the stations the same way that people like William Thomas, Michael Murphy, and others use them, just tools really.

I've watched the hoax since long before the name chemtrails existed, and for a long time have ignored it, but still follow once in awhile. Nice to see you folks are interested in doing something.
Jay Reynolds

Yes, like the sunset photos that get spammed by chemtrail believers through "calls to action" on pages like Chemtrails Global. This thread has been going on a while.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...8744703121&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_reply

Well if anyone was wondering, they still don't really get it. Here's an exchange between their support and a local chemtrail forum admin:

I'd just like to point out that the Mike C in that exchange is not me :)

As for the Mike C's answer in that exchange - as Silmeria notes no, they still do not get it.

The danger of any such heavy metal toxicity depends upon the dose - it depends upon the amount of the material you are ingesting - if you are ingesting a miniscule amount at 100% concentration then it is s till a miniscule amount, even if eth concentration is many times the supposed danger level.

That is why the limit for water is expressed in values that include the volume of water, and why the amounts for air pollution are expressed in amounts for a volume of air - a dangerous dose in 1,000,000 cubic meters of air is not so much when you consider we breathe up to about 60 litres/minute in reasonably heavy activity - and much less usually!

That rate is 0.06 cubic meters per minute - so in an average lifetime of about 40,000,000 minutes (75 yrs) you would breathe a maximum of 2.4 million cubic meters, and it would take over 31.5 years to breathe that 1 million cubic meters at the rate of 0.06 l/minute!

Back