Are these old photos of contrails?

GoCat

Pictures I've found with very strange "whispy" Chem-clouds and trails going back to the '20's.
I found a document once (I'll try to find it again) talking about Weather Modification as far back
as the early 1800's with balloons, dumping powdery chemicals off the sides???
There are Thousands and Thousands of old pictures on this 'site, there are also late 1800's
pictures of Colorado showing many native American Indians outside, but it will take time to
go through most of them to see what the skies looked like. [off topic material removed]
http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/photographs/

C&SDenver1920--1.jpeg
C&SDenver1927--1.jpeg
RGS--1941Ridgeway.jpeg
RGS--1951LizardHead.jpeg
RGS--1951PeakCo.jpeg
RGS--1981LizardHead.jpeg
SLVS--1955.jpeg

Attachments

• SLVS--1955--2.jpeg
    SLVS--1955--2.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by a moderator:

Trailblazer

Staff member
They just look like ordinary clouds to me.

Cirrus clouds often form linear shapes. In fact a lot of photos that chemtrail believers share as "chemtrails" aren't even contrails, just linear cirrus clouds. They seem to have a strange idea that any clouds with lines or waves are somehow suspicious.

These are from an old 1940s weather book I have, "Cloud Forms" published by the UK Meteorological Office. I posted scans here: https://www.metabunk.org/cloud-forms-1949-british-air-ministry.t6629/

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Going back even earlier, the artist John Constable painted this work, entitled "A Study of Cirrus Clouds", in 1822. Lots of suspicious wispy bits there :)

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

deirdre

Senior Member.
I found a document once (I'll try to find it again) talking about Weather Modification as far back

not sure if this is off-topic:

I'm trying to confirm your document, but cant find any links. Doesnt seem plausible a balloon in the early 1800s could carry enough xtra weight to form a "cloud" or even "seed a cloud" sufficiently. ??
balloon.PNG

I found one article that includes a balloon, but the balloon prose isnt tied to the early weather modification prose.

more on the 1891 cloud seeding experiments

Trailblazer

Staff member
not sure if this is off-topic:

I'm trying to confirm your document, but cant find any links. Doesnt seem plausible a balloon in the early 1800s could carry enough xtra weight to form a "cloud" or even "seed a cloud" sufficiently. ??
View attachment 18016

I found one article that includes a balloon, but the balloon prose isnt tied to the early weather modification prose.

You don't need much weight to seed a cloud. The seeding material is basically smoke.

By the way, that "stopchemicalterrorism" site is run by Michael D. Fleming, who has some rather unusual beliefs, among them that cloud cannot form at all without human activity. He has some self-published books on Amazon in which he explains all.

GoCat

Pictures I've found with very strange "whispy" Chem-clouds and trails going back to the '20's.
There are Thousands and Thousands of old pictures on this 'site, there are also late 1800's
pictures of Colorado showing many native American Indians outside, but it will take time to
go through most of them to see what the skies looked like. [off topic material removed]
http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/photographs/

View attachment 17998
View attachment 17999
View attachment 18000
View attachment 18001
View attachment 18002
View attachment 18003
View attachment 18004

If you do a right click 'save as' (but you don't need to save each pic), you'll see the dates on them,
the 'whispy' cloud picture with no train in view is from 1981 if I recall, the others are the '20's and '50's.
I've found many more that are similar with Blatant trails that are NOT clouds, if I post them I will try
to include the exact date and location of the pictures. If I may inject personal opinion (seems to be not
very welcomed on this 'site), old books on Cloud Formations were published to hide and deceive the fact
that irregular "clouds" are normal, so they gave them names, I personally believe they are Chemical
formations, you can probably bet folks began to question these odd formations and asking local news
papers and officials (police, Mayors, etc) about these formations, eventually the government had to
commission someone to publish books about these oddities to make them seem legit to the everyone?
just my opinion, hopefully you won't take this off my post. It's all about Conditioning the Public.

Trailspotter

Senior Member.
If I may inject personal opinion (seems to be not
very welcomed on this 'site), old books on Cloud Formations were published to hide and deceive the fact
that irregular "clouds" are normal, so they gave them names…
…and so were "irregular" clouds in centuries-old paintings drawn by various artists all around the world: :confused::eek:o_O;)
https://www.metabunk.org/linear-clouds-in-old-painting.t7223/

PS
It's all about Conditioning the Public.
Or, perhaps, about following this cloud "guide"?;)

Last edited:

JRBids

Senior Member.
If you do a right click 'save as' (but you don't need to save each pic), you'll see the dates on them,
the 'whispy' cloud picture with no train in view is from 1981 if I recall, the others are the '20's and '50's.
I've found many more that are similar with Blatant trails that are NOT clouds, if I post them I will try
to include the exact date and location of the pictures. If I may inject personal opinion (seems to be not
that irregular "clouds" are normal, so they gave them names, I personally believe they are Chemical
formations, you can probably bet folks began to question these odd formations and asking local news
papers and officials (police, Mayors, etc) about these formations, eventually the government had to
commission someone to publish books about these oddities to make them seem legit to the everyone?
just my opinion, hopefully you won't take this off my post. It's all about Conditioning the Public.

You are ascribing motivation ("They gave them names so irregular clouds would appear normal") without providing proof of the motivation. You are agreeing these are indeed old photos in books, but the names are to deceive? How are you sure of that? What is your proof the gov't commissioned someone to public fake science books? Have meteorologists always been in on it? You make a lot of claims with no proof.

Chew

Senior Member.
So every previously published book about clouds specifically and meteorology in general has been replaced in every library in the world with these adulterated books.

http://www.ala.org/tools/libfactsheets/alalibraryfactsheet01

The logistics must have been a nightmare just for the USA alone.

So every previously published book about clouds specifically and meteorology in general has been replaced in every library in the world with these adulterated books.

http://www.ala.org/tools/libfactsheets/alalibraryfactsheet01

The logistics must have been a nightmare just for the USA alone.

Not just libraries, personal collections as well. They sneak into our houses and change our books.

deirdre

Senior Member.
I personally believe they are Chemical
I take it you havent checked out the American Indian section yet? Theres no way all the clouds shown in those pics were made by balloonists. a few examples:
1891strpey.jpg

1907.jpg

1907 horse.jpg

Efftup

Senior Member.
Not just libraries, personal collections as well. They sneak into our houses and change our books.
I THINK Go Cat is suggesting that, people were messing with stuff and making "unnatural" clouds back in the 1800s and so ANY Cloud book published ever would have been full of these fake clouds. so there is no need to go and change the old books.
(I this is the technique known as Retconning. First you say these things did not exist before 1996, then when that is shown to be wrong they must have been doing longer than we first thought. So now ALL clouds must always have been man made. I don't know how we ever had rain.)

Efftup

Senior Member.
As people have mentioned though, The FIRST Balloon flight was the Montgolfier Brothers in 1783.
But People like Peter Paul Reubens painted stuff like this:

with wispier and other "odd " cloud formations more than 100 years prior to that.

GregMc

Senior Member.
It's amazing Reubens managed to notice any clouds at all with all that rave partying going on.

That illustrates the psychological basis for many people not paying much attention to cloud formations. Whilst my eyes went straight to the voluptuous curves of cumulus , others may have been more taken by the fashions on display.Unless someone has told you clouds are deadly poison, just about anything else at ground level including grass growing will seem more interesting most of the time.
The old cloud drawings in the following show 100+ year old clouds that resemble those labelled suspicious by many folks nowdays.
http://www.vintage-views.com/cloud-formations-1894-meteorlogical-chromolithograph.html
http://cdm.bostonathenaeum.org/cdm/ref/collection/p13110coll5/id/778

Trailblazer

Staff member
It's false memory syndrome. People susceptible to this belief say that the only clouds that existed in the past looked like sheep without legs, floating in a deep blue sky.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Infrared Photos of Clouds and Contrails Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 17
Mick West Contrails Hidden In 1950s and 1960s Family Photos Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 2
Mick West P900 Plane and Contrails Photos and Video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 17
Mick West How Do You Take Good Photos of High Altitude Planes and Contrails? Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 2
Cloudsorchems Lack of Contrails in Old Photos of Chicago Contrails and Chemtrails 11
jtmac Help me to understand - Photos and Videos with very large numbers of contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 52
Mick West Photos of Planes and Contrails (That you took yourself) Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 1229
Jay Reynolds How Chemtrail promoters explain 60 year old photos of Contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 21
DasKleineTeilchen 2,400 "new" unseen 9/11 photos found at estate sale, june 2019 9/11 12
Mick West "Golden Orb" Daytime Reflective Sphere UFOs in Photos UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 42
chrono117 How to Debunk Flat Earth Without Relying on NASA or Photos Flat Earth 42
creatonez Explained: Why the Earth does not look oblate in photos from space Flat Earth 0
Mick West Strange Lights in Phone Photos - Flash Reflection from Window UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Mick West Some New-ish WTC7 Photos (and video?) Corner Damage 9/11 6
tadaaa Debunked: Fake photos-Novichok attack Russian 'agents' (side by side gates) General Discussion 34
Priyadi Explained: Why We Don't See Satellites in Photos Taken From The ISS Flat Earth 1
Mick West WTC7 South Side Photos 9/11 2
George Tasker Using pin hole lenses to debunk CGI Rebuttals of Photos of Earth Curvature Flat Earth 7
Mick West Debunked: "FBI releases 27 classified photos of 9/11 Pentagon attacks" [Not New] 9/11 8
Mick West The P900 Rippling Orb Effect & Taking Photos of Venus Flat Earth 23
Mick West Sunset Photos with "Angel Wings" Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 9
Mick West Explaining the Ghost Boy in the Back Seat Photo with Occam's Razor UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 99
Mick West How to take Photos of the ISS (International Space Station) with a P900 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Jonathan Evans Explained: Jupiter Photos look the same [Composite photo] Flat Earth 5
Mick West Space Station Photos Disprove the "Flat Earth" Theory Flat Earth 110
Mick West Photos in Middelveen's & Stricker's Morgellons papers that look like Stellate Trichomes. General Discussion 4
Leifer Jet ID....the underside, from photos/videos Contrails and Chemtrails 3
MikeG Debunked: Fukushima Causing Bloody Tumors in Fish [Old Photos] Science and Pseudoscience 15
deirdre Debunked: Police took photos before attending to wounded Sandy Hook 1
Trailblazer Cloud Forms, 1949, British Air Ministry Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 2
Mick West Debunked: "Blue Marble" Photos show a Changing Earth Flat Earth 40
Tony_Sigel Debunked: Chang'e-2 photos of Alien Base on Moon [Hoax] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 14
JesseCuster Satellite photos of clouds Practical Debunking 3
MikeG Debunked: Crime Scene Photos "Prove" Sandy Hook was a Hoax Sandy Hook 107
TWCobra Madisonstar Moon posts 59 year old photo of B47's contrailing. Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Mick West Explained: Hampton Court Ghost Photo [iPhone Panorama Glitch] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 8
WhiteTiger Explained: "Chemdust fallout" [Out of Focus Photos of dust, mist, lights, etc.] Contrails and Chemtrails 21
Redwood Debunked: Google photos show Ottawa Parliament bullet holes are fake Conspiracy Theories 115
Trailblazer Explained: Bands of colored "particles" in sky photos [digital camera artifact] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 21
Avestriel Hindu Guru Magic UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 5
L Photos of trails over Switzerland [back to the 1970s] and Chemical Analysis of Jacuzzi Cover Water Contrails and Chemtrails 18
Mick West Solved: "Alien" with "shadow" on the Moon [Debris in Camera] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 59
Ezswo [Solved] MH-17 was 9M-MRD, so Why are there photos of 9M-MRC? ['D' partially obscured] Flight MH17 204
Mick West Debunked: Photos of Spraying out the Back of a Cargo Plane [Malaysian Cloud Seeding from C-130] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Tobes Debunked: Anatomical impossibility of Jeff Bauman photos Boston Marathon Bombings 94
zebra100 Need 3/8/14 Andaman Sea Sat Photos to Verify Malaysia Woman Saw Downed MH370 Flight MH370 85
PCWilliams Debunked: MH370. Airport security photos photoshopped? [Photocopier mishap] Conspiracy Theories 13
Grieves Moon Stuff: Stereoscopic examination of Photos Conspiracy Theories 16
Mick West Photos of Clouds and Skies (That you took yourself) Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 643
Mick West Photos of Street After Impact, Before Collapse, Possible Passport 9/11 15
Related Articles

Related Articles