American Airlines Flight 77 Aircraft Accident Package lists no. of Passengers/Fatalies as "Unknown"

inkwell

Regular lurker for years. I saw a post on Reddit which details the contents of an allegedly destroyed AA77 Aircraft Accident Package, and wanted to get any insights on it's validity. Specifically, an explanation as to why the accident report doc lists the number of passengers and fatalities as "unknown".

This document is the response I've encountered when conspiracy theorists are challenged with the fact 60+ people died on board AA77 when it slammed into The Pentagon. The conspiracy narrative is that The Pentagon was not attacked by a hijacked passenger plane. But rather a missile, or other aircraft besides AA77.

I've searched for this accident package extensively, but seemingly can't find anything about it on the internet. Look forward to your insights.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Specifically, an explanation as to why the accident report doc lists the number of passengers and fatalities as "unknown".
Presumably because the person filling in this form did not know, likely because it was not relevant to the purpose of the form (FAA Form 8020.6). The ARTCC stuff is just about the air traffic control.

inkwell

Makes perfect sense as it was completed by Washington Air Traffic Control. Their primary purpose is the separation of airplane flights and the expedited sequencing of arrivals and departures. They likely wouldn't have the crew and passenger data. If it were American Airlines filling out this standard FAA form, it would be another story.

Rory

Senior Member.
Maybe like others, I was curious to know what an "Aircraft Accident Package" is. Found some details in an FAA (Federal Aviation Authority) document. I'm not sure if others are being thrown off by the word 'package' - I know I initially was, never having come across this before - but it's basically synonymous with the word 'file': in fact, in the contents page of that doc, there are several references to the "Accident File/Package". (Though, strictly speaking - as noted on page 47 - the 'Accident Package' actually constitutes one part of the overall 'Formal Accident File'.)

The document mentions several times the provision of 'pertinent information' - which, in this particular case, for Reagan Air Traffic Control, would be weather conditions and operating staff at the time of the incident. Given that their report is dated three months after 9/11, requiring Reagan ATC to provide passenger details, etc would not be "pertinent".

The form screenshotted in the OP is FAA Form 8020-6; in the instructions for submitting this form, on page 274, most detail is given to the provision of information regarding "weather data" and "air traffic personnel involved". Details regarding passengers and flight crew are not mandatory, as an instruction is given to not delay making the report due to not having this information.

From what I can make out, any facility having an association with AA77 would have been required to submit one of these forms. Presumably, at least one of them, from a more directly involved organisation, would have already given details of the passengers and flight crew.

Also, there should exist in the Accident File at least one copy of the more detailed Form 8020-6-1, which is for facilities which "worked with" or had "direct contact" with the aircraft. Whether this was the case for Reagan, I don't know.

Probably the best line of inquiry for those who find the Regan 8020-6 suspicious is to consider the Accident File/Package as a whole.

Last edited:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
inkwell American Airlines Flight 77 Missing from Bureau of Transportation Departure Report 9/11 12
Mick West Debunked: Cruise Missile painted like American Airlines 9/11 25
Nandude Light Fall Off in Apollo Missions - American Moon Documentary Conspiracy Theories 16
MikeG Massive Deployment of American Tanks Against Russia Conspiracy Theories 14
Mick West Debunked: Furious American Citizens In San Bernardino Burn Down Radical Islamic Mosque General Discussion 20
A.G. Our very first Swedish (American) chemtrails whistleblower Contrails and Chemtrails 12
Critical Thinker Scientific American: Just Thinking about Science Triggers Moral Behavior General Discussion 2
Grieves American involvement in Syria: Theory or fact? Conspiracy Theories 43
Oxymoron The FBI Fosters, Funds and Equips American Terrorists Conspiracy Theories 26
Oxymoron Leaked: Drone Kill List: Authority to kill American citizens has no geographic limit Conspiracy Theories 11
Mick West Hillary Clinton's CRF farewell address - Remarks on American Leadership Conspiracy Theories 84
Oxymoron The American Nightmare. Slavery by the Back Door Conspiracy Theories 20
Mick West Debunking American Petroleum Institute Claims About Oil Issues Science and Pseudoscience 18
E American Radicals Planning "Day of Rage" targeting Wall Street. General Discussion 0
Mick West Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 and 9/11's United Flight 93 9/11 6
Trailspotter Twinjet with asynchronously stopping contrails over Thuringia [MNG Airlines Airbus A300 TC-MCA] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Leifer United Airlines, 1966 route map - video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 3
AluminumTheory CNN: Search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane expands to Indian Ocean Flight MH370 1
Mackdog Malaysia airlines flight 370: Passengers phones still ringing. Flight MH370 15
Jay Reynolds What plane is this? Maybe Azul airlines? [Atlas Air 747] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Mick West HL7742 AAR214 777 Crash, Korean Asiana Airlines, San Francisco General Discussion 99
TWCobra Matt Anderssen-Indigo airlines and consultant Contrails and Chemtrails 9
JRBids Airtrans Southwest Airlines Debunk? Contrails and Chemtrails 9
Jay Reynolds Flight tracking Qantas Airlines Flight QF63 Contrails and Chemtrails 120
Agent K Serpentine flight pattern over Los Angeles Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 18
Leifer USS Ford : leaked footage of UFO seen on flight deck [CGI] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 4
Priyadi Antipodal Flight Flat Earth 18
Mick West Explained: Jet Chasing UFO: X-45A and F/A-18B Formation Flight Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Mendel Debunked: Air Map of the World 1945 is a flat Earth map Flat Earth 0
G Flight data for Flights 11 and 175 9/11 4
Mick West Inexperienced Pilot Recreating 9/11 Flight 77's Descending Turn into the Pentagon 9/11 30
Mick West Explaining the 9/11 Murray St Engine from Flight 175 (N612UA) that hit WTC2 9/11 14
Mick West Halifax, NS: Regularly Spaced Gaps in Contrails [Ethiopian Flight 501] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 47
Whitebeard 'Strange' Flight Path on FR24 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
Mick West A Plane Flying Across the Face of the Sun, with Contrails [Virgin Flight 353] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
V Flight 93 Crash Physics - Fragmented Plane Buried in the Ground 9/11 10
TEEJ Contrails filmed from commercial flight over the Irish Sea - 6th May 2017 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Clouds Givemethewillies UK Flight Reporting 115,000 feet Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
psilyguy Flight Tracking Over Oceans and Emergency Landings Flat Earth 27
Trailblazer Jet Airways intercept video "UFO" (airliner, flight LH998 or LH66?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
Trailblazer Identified: linear clouds seen from Virgin Australia flight ['morning glory'] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Marin B Flight Radar 24 glitch? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Mick West Explained: Chilean Navy "UFO" video - Aerodynamic Contrails, Flight IB6830 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 186
TWCobra A Flight over the Antarctic Sea Ice From Chile to Australia (QF28) Flat Earth 23
Mick West Relative Humidity at Flight Altitudes. Resources and Contrail prediction. Contrails and Chemtrails 11
steve holmes I'd appreciate help IDing this very odd contrail flight Contrails and Chemtrails 12
steve holmes I'm trying to ID the flight for this old photo of mine, Feb 19, 2014 5:25 pm Contrails and Chemtrails 5
steve holmes I can't ID this flight of Oct 5th [Alaska 577] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Whitebeard EgyptAir flight MS804 Current Events 52
skephu Horizon Air Dash 8 making many circles from Seattle Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Related Articles

Related Articles