WHAT IS THIS LINE? (on my Super Blue Blood Moon Photo) - Smarter Every Day 188

Hopefully I'm doing this right and in the right forum section (please move if not).

I subscribe to a youtube channel called Smarter Every Day. The guy (Destin) does some fantastic science videos.
[off topic video removed.. confuses the issue at hand]

But the reason for this thread is in one of his latest videos he and a friend try to take a photo of the recent 'blood moon' while it moves over the Saturn V rocket (how cool is that? The Sat V went to the moon, now the moon is coming to the Saturn V), which they do. But as Destin is taking the photo, he notices a line go across the moon where the point of the rocket intersects with the moon. He sees this in the view finder so doesn't think it happened in the camera's sensor. He has no idea what it is so is asking for anyone to help work out what it is. Someone in the comments said it was a contrail caused by a plane that flew in that area at the time.

Seeing as you guys here know how to find plane flight paths, can any of you work out if it was a plane?

Or do you have any ideas on what you think the line could be?

Here's the video:
Source: https://youtu.be/9reizHjwuNY?t=262

add:
ii.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

deirdre

Senior Member.
please move if not).
the problem is you give no data and violate the No Click Policy.

Can you summarize the needed data from the video.. and perhaps any useful info from the comments.. for instance in the first comment I see
so... where were the 3 cameras? location of?
Date. Time. Timezone etc.
Ok hi slink there shows data
ii.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry Deirdre. It's all gobbledigook to me, which is why I sought help from you guys.

I found this site very good at providing rational explanations for weird things. I didn't provide a link to the direct point in the video because I thought the whole video was relevant and would be useful to you guys.

deirdre

Senior Member.
I thought the whole video was relevant and would be useful to you guys.
the main point is to provide some data. But just skimming that video I'm not sure there was any data in it. I found it anyway... and not to go off topic, but once the guys figure out the line, I want to know what this blob shadow is. (original color snippet attached)

ufo.jpg

Attachments

DasKleineTeilchen

I want to know what this blob shadow is
most likely a bird. here is the frame you posted

bird1.jpg

and that here is just the very next frame

bird2.jpg

and a few frames earlier you can see barely a swarm (I did some strong contrast to enhance visibility and marked a few). those are not artefacts because as in the frames before this one, no blob appears in them at all:

birds3.jpg

Ooh that one's easy. At 3:40 there's a flock of birds going across the screen from right to left. That frame is of the last bird. He/she's a straggler. If I can get an animated gif going, I'll post it.

Edit: oops I was late to the party. Answered above.

DasKleineTeilchen

Seeing as you guys here know how to find plane flight paths, can any of you work out if it was a plane?
seems like this is already answered in this reddit-thread:
source: https://www.reddit.com/r/SmarterEve...have_figured_out_what_the_mysterious_line_is/

and as I was going first with a sensor-phenomenon, Destin states on youtube in the comments:

so from this statement alone its most likely what it looks like; a pretty far away contrail which is by pure chance so perfectly aligned with the tip of the saturn and in line of sight.

edit/ Destin posted a "raw" (sort of) JPG of the event through his reddit-thread here

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/SmarterEveryDay/comments/7v947v/what_is_this_line_on_my_super_blue_blood_moon/dtqfkc0/

here (didnt embedded it, as I have no idea if it would be ok with him):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/16802286

Last edited:

DasKleineTeilchen

they seem to agree that the contrail would be too far and too low to be seen by Destin
they are according to this comment (in the mainthread of destin) more flights which could be that particular contrail:
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/SmarterEveryDay/comments/7v947v/what_is_this_line_on_my_super_blue_blood_moon/dtrdrjn/

Destin himself says in that thread that he didnt think of contrails that far away:

Trailblazer

Staff member
I admit, math is not exactly my thing, I go with visuals. and have found a nice comparison

View attachment 31701

description for right photo reads

source: http://www.benfleethistory.org.uk/content/topics/topics-2/unusual-events/lunar_eclipse_over_benfleet

https://futureboy.us/fsp/moon.fsp

Hmm, take your pick!

upload_2018-2-7_11-2-38.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Mysterious Helicopter at Skinwalker Ranch (Power Line Survey) UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 8
J Why Does the Sun Rise and Set In a Straight Line? Flat Earth 14
Rory Unusual line of lights seen over Baja California Sur, Mexico Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Joe Hill False Narrative: "North Tower Antenna Dropped Before Roof Line" 9/11 3
Rory The Conspiracy Theory Spectrum Practical Debunking 12
Guido Hello and a questionabout black line in sky Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
ki_cz 13,000 mile white line in Google Earth Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Mick West Explained: Mexico City Earthquake Lights [Power Line Arcing and Transformer Explosions] Science and Pseudoscience 30
B Black line in sky seen from plane (contrail?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Yolo fish Demonstrating the curvature of the Earth by Flying in a "Straight Line" Near the Poles Flat Earth 33
Magic77 What is this Dark Mysterious Line in the Sky Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
Greylandra Can you detect the curvature of the Earth with a taut line 3 miles long? [No] Flat Earth 55
ki_cz Strange straight line in the sky [Anticrepuscular ray] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 32
Mick West Dark Line in Sky over Vancouver Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 18
Mick West Debunked: Chemtrail "Laser Line" and 4 UFOs Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Cairenn Fake on line journals with Real names Practical Debunking 0
Mick West Debunked: Louisiana straight line HAARP clouds HAARP 2
Mick West Plane Flies in Front of Super Blue Blood Moon Eclipse Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 1
Trailspotter The Blue Marble "super-contrail" Contrails and Chemtrails 15
David Fraser Super/subscript, how does one do it? Site Feedback & News 4
Sarcastro Super Bowl Conspiracy General Discussion 9
AluminumTheory Super Typhoon Haiyan - HAARP & Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy Theories 102
Mick West Satellite ADS-B Data in FlightAware24 - Blue Planes Prove Globe Earth Flat Earth 0
HoaxEye How to calculate the visible fraction of the Earth [e.g. 1972 Blue Marble, Apollo 17] Flat Earth 27
Radapox Peru gas station object (blue "walking" blob) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Rory Debunked: View of Blue Ridge Mountains impossible on spherical earth Flat Earth 95
Mick West Debunked: 'UFO Trailing Blue Smoke' over airport [Atlas V Rocket Launch] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 13
JRBids Blue Splotches around Nexrad Stations [Birds] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 29
Whitebeard Bright 'St. Patrick's Day' meteor over UK Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
386 Small Green Anomaly with Blue Trail (Night Sky Photography) [Lens Flare/Reflection] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 22
Mick West Red and Blue Side-by-Side Contrails, Midlands, UK Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 35
Mick West Debunked: "Blue Marble" Photos show a Changing Earth Flat Earth 40
Trailspotter Persistent Blue Spiral in the Gulf of Oman General Discussion 8
Balance Blue skies memory problem General Discussion 22
Robert Tankersley Debunked: Video of UFO behind a cloud, dropping flashing blue lights [Viral Marketing Hoax] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 43
Mick West Debunked: Strange Blue Spheres Fall Over England 2012 UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 15
Related Articles

Related Articles