What books are you reading ? (conspiracy related, science, etc...)

It is indeed! Then I got a chance to see an exhibit some years ago, complete with views from their own glass-plate negatives, at the Cincinnati Natural History Museum. They had an excellent film describing the voyage shown on a huge wrap-around screen, which gives one a better sense of the enormous ice sheets they were faced with. As well as the still photos there were also portions of movies taken by their photographer, including their ship being crushed by the ice.
Getting OT here, for sure. Those images are stunning by any measure of beauty and composition, and then to realise the conditions and equipment used to make them. No point-and-shoot self-focussing available... I found a haunting quality in them, knowing what they did not, about the arduous future lying ahead

I wouldn't say it was bed time reading but is an excellent for an authoritative source of information in neuropsychiatry. Many case studies. The chapter on sleep disorders has a startling opening sentence. "No-one knows what sleep is for." , it fascinating stuff.

When it comes to understanding the human tendency to believe in conspiracies, I recommend "The Believing Brain" by Michael Shermer. Shermer delves into the psychology behind belief systems, including conspiracy theories, and offers valuable insights into why we're prone to such thinking.

When it comes to understanding the human tendency to believe in conspiracies, I recommend "The Believing Brain" by Michael Shermer. Shermer delves into the psychology behind belief systems, including conspiracy theories, and offers valuable insights into why we're prone to such thinking.
If you're interested in delving deeper into these subjects, I recently came across bookwormera.com, which provides a comprehensive guide and analysis of the Game of Thrones books. While it may not directly relate to conspiracy theories, it offers a unique perspective on human nature, politics, and power dynamics within a fictional world.

Back