What are these? [Reflections and marks on window]

Marine0811

I was looking at youtube video's of planes and clouds and noticed at least 3 possible ufo's that I can't identify. The first is a black looking objects which seem to be flying downwards at the :14 second mark. The others look like white orb type objects that shoot upwards seen between :15 and :16.

The black object is a mark on the window. The white objects are reflections of cabin lights.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I sat down on a bench at Aldi to check my grocery list. This bench was facing the out doors. I happened to look up at the sky, through the door and spotted what looked to be 2 contrails. Then someone went out the door and one of them vanished. I was the reflection of the store lights. I wished I had my camera to catch the effect.

The black object is a mark on the window. The white objects are reflections of cabin lights.

Thank you for watching it.
Looking at the black one in comparison to the left wing, it moves like a flying object and not a stationary spot.
The white ones do look similar to interior light reflection, but they look different from ones I have seen bc of their spacing and movement.

Looking at the black one in comparison to the left wing, it moves like a flying object and not a stationary spot.
The white ones do look similar to interior light reflection, but they look different from ones I have seen bc of their spacing and movement.
Look at around 41 seconds. Notice there are also some white marks appearing in front of the dark coloured winglet in the centre of the frame. They appear to move with exactly the same jerky motion as the black object.

Clearly, all these marks are on the window, and the motion is by the camera.

Look at around 41 seconds. Notice there are also some white marks appearing in front of the dark coloured winglet in the centre of the frame. They appear to move with exactly the same jerky motion as the black object.

Clearly, all these marks are on the window, and the motion is by the camera.

I agree those are spots at the 41 second mark, but those aren't the objects in question. Comparing the window spots at :41 makes it easier to differentiate from the object at :14. I didn't notice shaky camera motion at :14 that would make the object move as it did.

This is due the the camera's perspective, as it is much closer to the window than it is to the wing of the plane. The same reason that when driving, trees nearer to the side of the road appear to pass by more quickly than those further behind them.

I didn't notice shaky camera motion at :14 that would make the object move as it did.

The object appears to move as it did because the camera is panning upward.

Watch the video again, you have enough time to pause it a few times while the black spot is in frame. The spot stays in the exact same position on the window.

The movement relaive to the wing is irrelevant. It's the movement relative to the window frame that gives it away.

Remember an aircraft window is very thick, and in multiple sections with a plastic layer between the passenger and the actual window. Here's an extreme example of the dirt and scratches you can get:

This is due the the camera's perspective, as it is much closer to the window than it is to the wing of the plane. The same reason that when driving, trees nearer to the side of the road appear to pass by more quickly than those further behind them.

The object appears to move as it did because the camera is panning upward.

Watch the video again, you have enough time to pause it a few times while the black spot is in frame. The spot stays in the exact same position on the window.

I accept it could be a spot, but I am not convinced. The object doesn't appear to be on the window, it seems to fly in the frame from the left. It seemed to me that the object moved downward before upward movement of the camera.

The movement relaive to the wing is irrelevant. It's the movement relative to the window frame that gives it away.

Remember an aircraft window is very thick, and in multiple sections with a plastic layer between the passenger and the actual window. Here's an extreme example of the dirt and scratches you can get:

I agree with you about the relation to the wing being irrelevant. I just watched the video again and focused on where the window frame starts to curve in comparison with the object or spot. The object seems to move down the window frame towards the curved portion.

the black object seems to stay where it is on the window as the camera pans up so it goes down the frame of the camera.
It took me a while to see what you were talking about with the black bit cos it is clearly on the window.

I agree with you about the relation to the wing being irrelevant. I just watched the video again and focused on where the window frame starts to curve in comparison with the object or spot. The object seems to move down the window frame towards the curved portion.

The camera is pointed at an angle to the window. The speck seems to be on the inner layer, so it moved more than the outer curve.

Back