Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

I'm terrible at intoductions and I couldn't even begin to explain how I wound up here or why I think like I do.

I'm a kiter (but badly out of practice) and I really, really like dogs...I have two Lurchers and a Rottweiller cross.
All kiters are welcome!

Last edited:
Oh no - an invasion of kite supremacists! We all know who's pulling their strings...
Upon consideration, I will not engage in a war of puns on this ortherwise distinguished and serious forum. Besides, it would take me until next winds-day to think of anything.

Hello everybody!
I have been on this forum for some time as a reader, now I decided to register and become an official member of your company.
My name is Emili I studied Physics at the University of Chicago :p
Already watched half of Mick West's YouTube chanel
Nice to meet you all!

Not having found any place to post my intro or a new message, I'll try here.

Personal: Once I understood that growing up involves being misled all too often (fairy tales, you can trust your sister (“I’ll pay you back next time I get my allowance.”), propaganda as history, religion, politics, salesmanship …), I began questioning to the point that I became cynical. All to the good. I learned to question claims and ask for evidence. That led me to the pleasure of reading “Skeptical Inquirer” magazine, and later, joining Tampa Bay Skeptics and enjoying its public testing of paranormal claimants. Years later, I became chairperson.

Covid-19 damaged TBS as we closed down all public activities. We are ready to start up again, and TBS still offers a $1,000 prize (see the website). Sadly, the number of testees dwindled as our fame spread. Claimants professing paranormal powers are leery of proving their abilities scientifically.

Tampa Bay Skeptics – links to us
Facebook: http://bit.ly/1SkFjri
Twitter: https://bit.ly/36S9aaI

Fighting paranormal silliness for over 25 years, TBS is a scientific and educational nonprofit organization affiliated with the Center for Inquiry. CFI Tampa Bay: http://bit.ly/2ljTe9I

I hope to remember to make good use of Metabunk and Mick West's amazing output.

Greetings from New Zealand. I stumbled upon this website after discovering I had developed an addiction to Mick's YouTube videos. With so much (umm) crazy out there, it's reassuring to know there's still a place where people can have reasoned, respectful debate.

Last edited:
Thanks for having me :)

edit: never got the confirmation email...not in my junk or deleted folders either.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I joined this site because of the overwhelming amount of nonsense I see around me, pretty much everywhere. I encountered this site because a friend of mine forwarded a holocaust revisionist documentary called "Europa: the Last Battle", and since the guy is quite intelligent I wanted to research the claims made, just to be sure. 3 out of 4 quotes shown in the documentary (there's way more, but I couldn't be bothered to investigate more) I could not find a source for ór they were meddled with to some degree in the process of translation. People here might see me as a kook... I am planning on studying Ayurveda in India (a full 5,5 years BAMS course, not some short course for cheats), am open to the possibility of aliens visiting us, chemtrails, I am sceptical about vaccinations and some more, however I don't think I will bother anyone here about those topics and I promise what I will post will be proper research. The information on this forum of the apparent lack of a source of a statement made by Willi Munzenberg was helpfull to me, and I'm planning on adding information like that to this forum.

Last edited:
Hello, my name is John and I am currently reading Escaping the Rabbit Hole. I've always been skeptical of things I don't fully understand and have never trusted politicians or any big industry executives of any sort. The lack of transparency regarding the events of 9/11 have been a perpetual source of visceral mistrust for the U.S. government and I am here with my mind open hoping to find some enlightenment. If anybody is still interested, after reading this, in directing me towards some clarity I would be grateful. Thank you in advance.

Hello, my name is John and I am currently reading Escaping the Rabbit Hole. I've always been skeptical of things I don't fully understand and have never trusted politicians or any big industry executives of any sort. The lack of transparency regarding the events of 9/11 have been a perpetual source of visceral mistrust for the U.S. government and I am here with my mind open hoping to find some enlightenment. If anybody is still interested, after reading this, in directing me towards some clarity I would be grateful. Thank you in advance.
I'm guessing you're already working through the many 9/11 threads here. In addition to the information that is brought fo light in threads here, on 9/11 and in other threads on other topics, I found the PROCESS of bringing up hypotheses, testing them against facts that can be found, accepting/modifying/rejecting the hypotheses rather than the facts, and the understanding that a lack of complete certainty does not mean the best hypothesis is somehow equal to the zanier hypotheses has been very useful to me.

Having said all that verbiage at you, I'll add "Welcome!" and sign off.

Hi I am a modern military aviation enthusiast with knbowledge of aircraft and systems trying to make sense of the Navy UFO stuff!
Hey, what interests me is that pilots actually come forward with it... [deleted]. There's info on UFO's in the book "Human Devolution" aswell, allthough that book has some stuff in it that is just a bit too weird aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, my pseudoscience/conspiracy theory story is probably familiar. I have had arguments with a close family member about assorted conspiracy theories and pseudoscience over the last 8 or so years. Generally, I am very skeptical of non-official explanations for phenomena, due to how they always seem to meld together and turn into a single combined alternative history - acceptance of one conspiracy theory tends to breed acceptance of others to the point that there are no common frames of reference with those who don't accept conspiracy theories.

It's only been in the last year that I have realized that I do have the scientific knowledge to actually discuss these issues in an educated fashion. I have degrees in mathematics and biochemistry, and have done a great deal of reading on a couple things that I consider medical pseudoscience (I started with Judy Mikovits, so XMRV, Vaccines & Autism, Polio Vaccine & AIDS). More recently, I have been reading about WTC 7, and was fairly confident I could debunk most of the pseudoscience on my own, but I felt that I did not have sufficient knowledge of structural engineering to understand the UAF report. That is what led me to this forum.

I want to specifically thank Mick for developing this forum. I am really interested in conspiracy theories, partially because I love analyzing competing narratives of events and trying to understand what happened, but mostly because I like poking holes in what I believe to be poorly constructed arguments and narratives. I wish I had more time to devote to this, and I appreciate that these forums contain an enormous amount of analysis and evidence from both sides.

Hi Mick.Hi everyone, I came across this website while I was looking for ideas on how to manage my husbands devotion to conspiracy theories. He is an intelligent educated professional but he has lost his way. The book sounds interesting and I’m looking forward to reading.
Im hoping that the combination of website and book will be enough to help.
I live in Australia, before working for a trade union I was a social worker in a hospital.

Hello, great site. Thanks. I forget what I was debunking, but I was on vacation and found an interview of Mick on it. So I read Escaping from the Rabbit Hole and Rothschild’s book. Then I watched several podcasts. I then wanted current info so I came here. I’ve a friend who is deeply into NWO, Bush did it (9/11), end times (pretrib rapture, 7 year tribulation period, left behind, 666), rothschilds, Bilderberg, Rhodesians, illuminati, society of the elect, a cult that runs the world, esoterica occult. I invited him here, but he’s not interested.

Last edited:
Hey guys/gals. New to the site. I am a once mechanical engineer turned software developer. Programming is my passion and I've dabbled in game design for fun but I am more of an enterprise level web systems developer/architect.

I'm a new fan of Mick's. I used to think Mick just dismissed everything, but I've recently learned he (and the rest of you guys) actually does very good investigations. So I apologize for my ignorance there lol I've never been a believer in these conspiracy theories, but I am attracted to the UFO stuff. I just find it interesting and fun.

I do have a question: Is there a page/link to a list of all of the tools? (e.g. curve calculator, refraction tool, etc.)

Hi! I registered here after seeing a video of UAP on twitter but Icouldn't t find any discussions on it online anywhere. I had heard of metabunk.org fron Joe Rogan's podcast.

Hello! I am Augusto Hernandez from Puerto Rico. I used to be a conspiracy theories supporter but common sense and questioning plus study led me out of the rabbit hole!

Hi everyone here is your newest member Daves!
Im from the Netherlands and im very interessted in UFO/UAP debunking.
The reason why i came here is to learn.
To learn and to get rightly informed.
Yes i do believe in extra terrestial entities and to check that believe, i love to debunk all hoaxes to proof my believe in E.T's to be real.

Im glad and so gratefull for this site!

Last edited:
Hi all,
Thank you for allowing me in. I do not troll and am serious about my posts.
I am an old geezer that prefers facts to opinions that cannot be verified. I appreciate the posting guidelines and wish more social media sites had some of those rules. For now, I will enjoy reading the comments, especially those about flat earth.

Hey there, glad to find this space. I found Mick's book, as my closest friend is increasingly evaporating as he disappears into the RH. I look forward to seeing more examples of how to discuss conspiracy theories in a fact-based, respectful way. Thanks!

Hello all, I discovered this site from a post on the International Skeptics forum, and I’m amazed by the thorough debunking going on here, especially on the UFO videos. I ought to be good at this being in the VFX industry, but you folks are on another level.

"hi everyone"
I tried to find a natural explanation for ufos and found a plausible answer but it is really hard to find someone to check it to debunk any possible mistake in it. I don't know If I can do it here while respecting the rules.

Hello MBO people. Just noticed this thread stickied at the bottom of the list!
Im here for the UFO stuff mostly but no doubt Ill dip in to other topics.
Im an Electronics Engineer, family man and more.
I fell into a rabbit hole recently. Couldnt climb out so I dug sideways out of the warren and landed in a mire of US gov conspiracy shet.

Ive spent the last 2 months conducting research on optical systems in order to design or rather repurpose an alternate setup designed for fast moving objects. Its based on Line Scan Cameras which can achieve 879MP and can work at around 200,000fps. If that doesnt catch the buggers, nothing will.
I estimate a cost of ~£8000 so Im taking my time on the research!
My original setup idea involves IR laser and a grid of receivers to centrally build timestamped light fragments into a single 3D model, using light-phase analysis techniques to map physical details in the scanned object. After reading parts of this website it turns out ATFLIR and forceNet may actually be very similar to what Im about to do!

Hello MBO people. Just noticed this thread stickied at the bottom of the list!
Im here for the UFO stuff mostly but no doubt Ill dip in to other topics.
Im an Electronics Engineer, family man and more.
I fell into a rabbit hole recently. Couldnt climb out so I dug sideways out of the warren and landed in a mire of US gov conspiracy shet.

Ive spent the last 2 months conducting research on optical systems in order to design or rather repurpose an alternate setup designed for fast moving objects. Its based on Line Scan Cameras which can achieve 879MP and can work at around 200,000fps. If that doesnt catch the buggers, nothing will.
I estimate a cost of ~£8000 so Im taking my time on the research!
My original setup idea involves IR laser and a grid of receivers to centrally build timestamped light fragments into a single 3D model, using light-phase analysis techniques to map physical details in the scanned object. After reading parts of this website it turns out ATFLIR and forceNet may actually be very similar to what Im about to do!
Welcome! So you are designing that optical system? Wow amazing ! So its a system that can photograph or record fast moving objects that then wil make digital 3D image of it ? Correct me if im wrong. Sounds amazing!

Hi All,
Big Dave from East Coast Australia. I first heard about this site while listening to a podcast, Squaring the Strange I think, while out walking my dogs, I tried to bookmark while walking, then couldn't find it. Now I have something interesting to post, I had to find it again, and hear I am. Multiple pictures to follow, soon. The first podcast I ever listened to was Mysterious Universe, the original one, I didn't believe most of it, but it got so crazy it tipped me back over the edge. I now listen a lot of skeptic podcasts, as well as true crime and car stuff.

My forum name, which I try to use on every forum I sign up for, comes from my first football team growing up, we had multiple Daves, and I was the biggest. And as I've been told elsewhere, every forum needs a Big Dave.

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once that post, and a few posts in another sub-forum, have been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

It's highly recommended that you first read the Posting Guidelines:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/
This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once that post, and a few posts in another sub-forum, have been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

It's highly recommended that you first read the Posting Guidelines:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/
Hello to you all. I have listened to Mick West audiobook ‘Escaping the Rabbit Hole’ and has mentioned a few sites worth a visit and this is one of them.
I’m from Coventry in U.K. and I have suddenly had a taste of conspiracy tales and I am very surprised how many people believe in total lies. I think I have a grip on most “Conspiracy tales” but some people are just gullible or they really enjoy being different. Flat Earth? Really? If that is real, can someyexplain the weather to me?
I am looking forward going through this site. If anyone can point me in the direction of more similar sites please let me know.
Thank you & some people on this planet are bonkers!!

Hi all! I'm so excited to have found this forum and to hear about Mick's book, I've been wishing something like this existed for a while now.

My mom has fallen deep, deep into the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories in the past couple years (basically since around the 2016 US elections) and more recently has become an avid anti-vax/covid-denier to the point where it's causing significant strain on our relationship and makes me fear for her health (she refuses to get vaccinated or do anything to protect herself from covid despite being at high risk, and goes apoplectic when I even so much as hint at being open to getting the vaccine). I ended up getting my first covid vaccine shot behind her back, however the guilt of lying to her is tearing me apart and I can't bring myself to get my second dose because of how I know she'd react if she found out, however it's becoming more and more difficult to excuse/explain to others why I haven't gotten it yet without getting into the dirty details about her beliefs/our struggles.

Thankfully, she's shown a willingness to listen to my attempts to debunk the various things she reads, but she's so fully sold into the whole NWO/Globalist Takeover/whatever else that most of the time she just ends up saying "it all makes sense if you could just see the bigger picture!". I'm hoping that this forum/Mick's book/other research will help me learn how to combat those kinds of circular arguments ("they're evil because they're killing everybody"/"they're killing everybody because they're evil!") and maybe one day get her to see sense.

I probably won't talk much but I'll be eagerly reading everything I can so thank you in advance to everyone who's helping to debunk these insidious lies and fiction disguised as "truth"!

Hi everyone. Newbie here. I am a surgeon who practices in Anchorage AK. I'm a great admirer of debunkers everywhere. Did a bit of debunking back in the day when Oliver Stone's movie "JFK" promoted many of the conspiracy theories of the JFK assassination. I published an article in the Journal of the American Medical Association entitled, "JFK's Assassination: Conspiracy, Forensic Science, and Common Sense." One can find other stuff I've written on the assassination in forums by googling "Robert Artwohl JFK Assassination."
Bob, I just read your article and it is awesome. Even for a non medical person like me, I was able to imagine your descriptions clearly. I started as a conspiracy buff, went to dealey plaza 3 times, did a bit of reading and finally concluded that for the president to be shot and the amount of evidence to be on Oswald pointing to him, the plausibility of someone else committing this crime is nil. Thank you for this and I'd welcome any further articles you may have written or been inspired by.

Larry in Mississippi

Hello fellow conspiracy skeptics!

I'm Larry and I am from Mississippi and was first attracted to conspiracy theories in the early 90s when Oliver Stone's movie came out about JFK. It was such a fascinating rabbit hole to go down, I didnt want to come out. After a few years of investigation, reading and visiting Dealey Plaza and the 6th Floor museum, I just couldnt accept shots coming from behind the fence of the grassy knoll and I also realize how uncomplicated it was for Oswald to do what he did from the 6th floor. I also read a book written by none other than Mark Furman of the OJ Simpson trial fame and he did a great job of describing the crime from a police investigator's viewpoint.

That all to say that I now approach conspiracies with the mindset of 'evidence first', deduction, and plausibility. I am completely open to conspiracies as long as they dont violate those 3 assumptions. I'm listening to Escaping the Rabbit Hole now and am enjoying it immensely.

Eventually the source of the conspiracy is in the head of the person perpetuating it. God bless them, I remember how fun it was to chase the rabbit. But it's so much more fun now to realize that understanding Oswald as the lone gunman is not as absurd as the public may believe.

Larry

I ended up getting my first covid vaccine shot behind her back, however the guilt of lying to her is tearing me apart and I can't bring myself to get my second dose because of how I know she'd react if she found out
she isnt going to react worse if you had 2 shots of Trump vaccine vs one.

You should do both of you a favor and get the 2nd shot before she finds out, otherwise she will think you're a liar when you say you won't get the 2nd Trump vaccine shot and she'll be consistently going on about it and fretting. If it's already a done deal the arguments will end quicker. Just tell her
"I am NOT spending the rest of my life feeling guilty about giving you Covid and maybe killing you"

Hello, everyone!
I first heard about the forum from the Squaring the Strange podcast, and it sounds right up my alley! I look forward to exploring it an participating in the discussions.

Greetings!

It's interesting how some of the major skeptic resources don't pay as much attention to the daily debunking that will always be interesting and needed. I really enjoy Mick West's approach to calmly figuring out what's really going on and politely presenting evidence. Thank you!
PS. Excellent interview on the Squaring the Strange podcast.

Hello, I'm Kanon Lucas from Chile, I came to this forum after seeing Mick's videos about the Pentagon UAPs and also about the Chilean Navy case. I am quite skeptical, in my 20 years observing the sky with my telescope and binoculars I have never seen anything strange. Personally, about the case of the Chilean navy, when I saw that video for the first time 7 years ago, the first thing I thought was; "That is a plane".

Back