Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

Warren K

Hello from Canada!

Seems I've decided to put my money where my mouth is with a less-than-anonymous username, so for now I'll save the personal details, other than to share I do fancy myself a rather rational and critical thinker.

Recently, there's been a significant uptick in conspiratorial banter amongst my friends and family and in a one particular instance we fear for the individual's mental health as they struggle with a sudden and totally unrelated personal issue. Turning to conspiracy at a time of great stress can lead no where good.

So off the the great-link I've come looking to polish my interpersonal skills and any tips specific to our immediate needs. I realized facts alone aren't going to cut it. Fortunately, Mick's book--which my wife and I are currently working through--and this site were not hard to find. I've joined up in hopes to both lend what support I can to this cause and have this community on standby to support us once we start to tackle the daunting task of coaxing a loved-one out of their hole.

Thanks.
Warren

TouchMeTwice

Hello everyone!

I'm Jon, I first ran into Mick on Kenny Biddle's podcast and absolutely loved his book, I look forward to conversing with all of you!

Wade_UK

Greetings from the UK.

A friend I have known for 40 years has in recent times been keen on all sorts of odd notions. I visit him a few times a year and have been struggling to keep up with the latest conspiracy, new view of history and of the world in general. I thought I had the answers to chem trails, moon landings and so forth, but mud floods, giants and moon people are new to me. I’m looking for tools and techniques to navigate the many rabbit holes he seems to explore.

Egg Head

Hello,
Thank you to all the members who make this site possible. I am here to challenge my beliefs about the coronavirus and supply chain issues that are affecting the world.

Adrian Dupree

Hi!
I'm happy to have come across this site. I have a keen interest in UAP stories and claims and I am currently looking into the Nimitz encounters. I got inspired to look into them after watching Mick West's videos on his youtube channel. It seems that really serious work is being done on these UAP sightings but there is little media attention given to realistic and logical explanations.

Mauro

Hi!
I'm happy to have come across this site. I have a keen interest in UAP stories and claims and I am currently looking into the Nimitz encounters. I got inspired to look into them after watching Mick West's videos on his youtube channel. It seems that really serious work is being done on these UAP sightings but there is little media attention given to realistic and logical explanations.
Yeah, realistic and logical explanations don't sell as well as mysterious fascinating tales, that's the problem. And welcome.

arsyn

Hello.
You sure have a lot of interesting and useful stuff around here. I came across this site while discussing 9/11 conspiracy theories at another forum. I'm also interested in (as in discussing and trying to debunk) claims on creationism, flat earth, covid-19, etc.

skibandit

Hi, I came across Metabunk after watching a few of Mick's videos on UFOs. I never paid much attention to UFO claims since I always assumed it was just a combination of sensor errors, human errors, and wishful thinking but when the Dept. of Defense started making headlines with UFO talk I started looking into it and found Mick's videos.

As far as debunking goes, I'm more interested in debunking medical quackery these days - like the daily flood of anti-vax Covid nonsense that an unfortunately large percentage of my social circle now traffics in. Since these are people I really do care about, I'm especially interested in being able to talk to them respectfully. I don't want to win arguments, I want to help them make better, and potentially lifesaving, medical decisions. I've found that ridicule, condescension, and mockery are very ineffective and just harden their positions. The Covid experience has been very interesting since I've been able to see many people who I know well become hardcore anti-vax over a relatively short period of time so I think I now have a much better understanding of the process of how and why people believe weird things. Of course, that doesn't mean I know how to get them to stop believing weird things. For example, for the anti-vax people I know, sending them articles from any mainstream news site or, worse, a "fact checking" site would do nothing but discredit me in their eyes. For example, they assume anything from Snopes is, by definition, a lie. And the more the "debunking" sites say something is false, the more they will believe it is true. So I have to find primary sources and be able to explain in my own words why something is true or not true if I want to have any chance of reaching them. So that's why I'm here. Thanks.

steviemac

Hi, I'm Stevie. Joining here mainly because of my interest in UFO's. I would say I'm a UFO 'agnostic' if that's the right description. lol. I'm hoping there is good balance here , where arguments for and against can be made.

Ann K

Hello! I'm a retired polymer chemist who was interested in Fortean phenomena in my youth, but find natural physical actions are far more satisfying. I have been reading this site for a while, and admire the skills of Mick West and others who understand the technical details of things like aircraft instrumentation, photography and video recording, and trajectory analysis.

Thanks, Mick!

Related Articles