Video Needs Debunking: Incredibly Fast Bigfoot Jumping from Tree & Running to Cover

This video is from the YouTube channel Rocky Mountain Sasquatch Organisation, posted on the 22nd of October 2022, it currently has 54k views. The video claims to show super speed. The RMSO say at the intro:

A girl who appears to be working in a customised skid loader, is clearing trees and branches on unimproved grass and dirt forest road. She was Snapchatting and caught this incredibly fast Bigfoot jumping 20 to 30 feet from a tree, and sprints out of sight into the cover, in about two split seconds. So fast she didn't even notice it, another person on Snapchat pointed it out and slowed it down a little bit for her.
Content from External Source
Screenshotted here is the alleged Sasquatch jumping from the tree at 0:28 - 0:30.
Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 00.52.03.pngScreenshot 2023-01-09 at 00.53.38.pngScreenshot 2023-01-09 at 01.15.48.png

Is this being recorded slow in real time, and then sped up afterwards?
There is a fly that appears and flies toward the camera in the video (first appearing approximately 0:29s) so you could perhaps tell the proper speed from that. Shown here from top left to below left centre -
Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 06.58.39.pngScreenshot 2023-01-09 at 06.59.26.png

Perhaps it is simple CGI?
I have not analysed the video.
The short clip is shown at 0:28 and is then repeated until 1:08 at normal and slow speeds. I have clipped the relevant 40 seconds of time here -

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxizWcag8FSFUX3t_2bsigz8SdIRdZ51p1

Full original video linked here -

Source: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCsGNmXf-Yk&t=32s>

Last edited:
It looks a little too blurry to me to be an object close to the tree, which is in pretty good focus. Perhaps the "Sasquatch" was a little smudge thing on the front window from the skid loader.

I had a look at this after JSheldon87 first posted it in another thread. It’s a little unique in that it posits a Bigfoot that can hang out in a tree and move with extreme speed and dexterity.

Like so many similar things, it falls into the Low Information Zone (LIZ) and is likely the result of camera artifacts and pareidolia, but is also typical of what often passes as evidence of the Big Guy. As pointed out above, this comes from the YouTube channel Rocky Mountain Sasquatch, and as they claim to post 2 or more videos a week, they have to find a fair amount of Bigfoot content. Some of the channels other videos seem quite dubious, including a serious discussion of 2 still photos, that sure looks like a little Bigfoot figurine posed in the woods. But most of the comments for this video are positive and consider this “strong evidence” not just for Bigfoot, but for one that can move like a Ninja from tree to ground.

Also as noted above, the claim is that it’s a Snap Chat video and that the person on the receiving end of the Snap Chat message noticed Bigfoot and alerted the person taking the video. The person taking the video appears to be in a skid steer loader working on a dirt road, though I don't know what they mean by "cusomized". It appears to have a grapple bucket for moving brush. It’s unclear if the loader is actually moving at the time as the clip is so short.

In my experience, there is a limited number of skid steers that can be driving one handed, thus allowing one to hold up their phone to record video. In addition, the bottom of the bucket is at the top of the screen, meaning it’s in a pretty high position and not a safe way to travel. So, it’s likely stationary, though it does appear to be yellow which could mean it’s a CAT or CASE brand loader and some CASEs can be driven with he left hand only. It’s possible its moving slowly.

The entire encounter takes place in about 2-3 seconds and would therefore consist of about 60-90 frames of video at standard 30fps. We can step through it fairly quickly using the < and > buttons on the keyboard to scrub through frame by frame. It consists of a few major parts, some of which are no more than a few frames long:

• The knees.
  • Pan Left, with the Ninja Bigfoot in the background.
  • Pan back right part way, then start pan back right over again.
  • Complete 2nd pan back right.
That’s it. It also seems to have several jump cuts, that are the result of the camera switching on and off, or some rough editing.

The Knees is just a shot down at the operator’s knees and lasts for about 2 frames before the first jump cut occurs:

1673307986954.png

It jumps to a shot looking out the cab of the loader down the road before it starts to pan left and we “see” Bigfoot climbing out of the tree:

1673308079486.png

As the pan continues left, Bigfoot jumps down from the tree and runs off:

1673308157151.png

The pan left continues until the shot is looking out the left side of the cab through the metal cage:

1673308204824.png

The camera then begins to pan back to the right and then it gets a little jumbled:

1673308267753.png

Halfway through the pan back right, it’s suddenly back to the end of the full pan left for 1 frame:

1673308311163.png

Then back to the ½ way point again at which point the pan goes back left again:

1673308378141.png

After getting to the full pan left position, it again starts to pan back right:

1673308437168.png

As the shot completes the pan right, Bigfoot runs backwards and up into the tree again:

1673308518506.png
1673308578665.png

Finishing up with the knees:

1673308629174.png

Clearly the jumbled-up shots between the left and right pans are bad edits that attempts to double the footage by adding the same shot in reverse. Snap Chat allows one to make reverse videos.

I’m not sure if the video starts forward and pans left and then the pan right is the reverse video tagged on or the other way around.

So, if half of the video is a reverse of the original, then the actual encounter lasts about 52-54 frames from the time we see the road until the pan left ends and begins to return right, or possibly gets reversed. The time that Bigfoot jumps from the tree and runs off is a bit less then 30 frames. Less than a second.

This is a badass Ninja Bigfoot.

Note here 5 frames after the jump from the knees shot what's in the tree, especially the "Y" formed on the left most tree:

1673309117741.png

Now go to 0:54 of the video where the analysis begins. It also starts with the knees:

1673309349461.png

But there is no jump cut, rather there is a tilt up that now reveals a more substantial Bigfoot, or at least a blob, that isn't in the previous clip:

1673309492479.png

Yes it's zoomed in, but where did that come from. Here they are with the comparison slider (move the center arrows left and right to compare):

A few frames later, and it's moved to the other branch:

1673310629012.png

But this whole sequence is cut out of the opening video. Why?

Now go back to the original video at the 0:28 mark of the video. Scrub through to the point when the video is panning back right and Bigfoot is running back to the tree. Note the very dark stick or limb between the loader and Bigfoot:

1673310986740.png

Now scrub through from that point 5-6 frames. The camera pans right a bit more and then back left just a bit. As it does the stick kinda changes until it just disappears:

1673311169728.png

I don't think it's a magic stick, I thinks there's a lot of video artifacts.

The combination of rapid panning with a lower quality camera phone and possible compression artifacts, is distorting some shadows in the area. Pareidolia fills in the rest.

i couldnt figure out where the original footage (at original speed) was in the OP vids, so i found hthe original tiktok upload. i agree with the comments, it looks like a bird to me.

Nice deirdre! So, it's a Snap Chat video from this ladies' boss's granddaughter that was then uploaded on TicTok before ending up on the Rocky Mountain Sasquatch? That is a bit confusing.

While not mentioned anywhere, scrolling through the comments on her TicTok page reveals that this was filmed outside of Oroville CA. I always wonder why it's so hard to find locations for some of these things. If you saw a Bigfoot, wouldn't you tell people where?

It's about 10-20 miles from me, depending on where in the hills this property was. We definitely have large crows around here and that's sure what it looks like. A big black crow that's moving a bit too fast for the camera.

We definitely have large crows around here and that's sure what it looks like. A big black crow that's moving a bit too fast for the camera
i was thinking crow, but didnt know if you had em out there!
i did figure out which monster quest had the bird that looked like bigfoot. its "HIllybilly beast attacks" and is on youtubes History channel. (this on right isnt the bigfoot pic, but another bird his trail cam caught in a weird position that reminde dme of the OPs weird skinny "legs".)sbsbird.png

off topic, but this is the scariest bigfoot bird :)
wbaud3h1wcu51.png

I think a large crow is the one, so we can safely call this solved.
I can't say I'm not disappointed, Being a big fan of ninja Turtles as a kid, a ninja Bigfoot would have been amazing!
great job guys.

Range of crows and ravens in North America--

Upon reading your link, I must now correct myself. It's very likely that it was a Raven as opposed to a crow. This is an area where they overlap, however it states:

The overall consensus is that ravens occur in the mountains and generally in more wild places. The American crow is highly adaptable and occurs just about in any habitat type.
A solo or a pair of black Corvids in the mountains are likely ravens. A flock of corvids is likely to be composed of American crows.
In general, ravens croak and crows caw-caw
Common ravens are bigger and bulkier compared to the much smaller American crow
These are all consistent with my observations here at my place, and since the location of the sighting is in a similar Chapparral setting no more than ~20 miles from me, it seems a Raven is the obvious culprit.

Upon reading your link, I must now correct myself. It's very likely that it was a Raven as opposed to a crow. This is an area where they overlap, however it states:

The overall consensus is that ravens occur in the mountains and generally in more wild places. The American crow is highly adaptable and occurs just about in any habitat type.
A solo or a pair of black Corvids in the mountains are likely ravens. A flock of corvids is likely to be composed of American crows.
In general, ravens croak and crows caw-caw
Common ravens are bigger and bulkier compared to the much smaller American crow
These are all consistent with my observations here at my place, and since the location of the sighting is in a similar Chapparral setting no more than ~20 miles from me, it seems a Raven is the obvious culprit.
well it's not like crows are always in a flock when you see them. and for all we know there are 20 other crows just above the camera line in the trees.

Back