Video: "Israeli snipers shoot children playing on rooftop in Gaza"

Leifer

Senior Member.
I'm wondering the legitimacy of this semi-viral video's claim....here is the video:

The first obvious mistake/contradiction is that ...."Al-Khalil" is actually Hebron, not Gaza.
The video graphics and the title, differ.
Also, no facts are included, and the people on the opposite rooftop (targets) are undecipherable as "children".....they are too blurred to be labeled as children, or as "playing".

There does seem to be the sounds of children, as captured by the video camera. But this sound is certainly not recorded/captured from the people seen 3 buildings away.......and neither is the audio heard from the snipers.

Any thoughts ?

Last edited:
Found this.....

Soldiers rapped for celebrating after shooting Palestinian

Several IDF soldiers were disciplined after footage emerged showing them apparently congratulating one another for shooting an 18-year-old Palestinian in the leg. The army said the Palestinian youth was shot while attempting to throw a Molotov cocktail.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/soldiers-rapped-for-celebrating-after-shooting-palestinian/
Content from External Source

.....and this description (with some speculation):
http://www.thomaswictor.com/pallywood-made-by-non-palestinians

Last edited:
The video was taken to a further extreme step by some....claiming this sniper video "can't be shared" on facebook (censorship).
It would appear that some users were indeed being prevented from sharing the footage. Receiving the following message when they made attempts.
(blocked link pop-up message)
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/0...n-for-fun-but-facebook-wont-let-you-share-it/
Well......look how many times the "unsharable video/story" has been shared, on just today's FB pages about military sniping ?......
(scroll/browse down)
https://www.facebook.com/topic/Atirador-especial/104016706302705
I counted......and stopped counting after 27 shares in the last 24 hours because it got too repetitious.

Last edited:
from the vid comments a chap says
It's a warning shot, in times of air strikes, no one can be on the roofs so he doesn't get hit by drones thinking these guys are committing rocket fire. if the kids were to die, you'll see a 3 round shot (a kill barrage) learn military doctrine before you post bullshit like this
apart from that I can not tell much but feel a few thing dont add up to be dinks

wait the link given had much better clearer vision you see a throw a shot and hit to leg a motive on both sides beyond me

I'm wondering the legitimacy of this semi-viral video's claim....here is the video:

The first obvious mistake/contradiction is that ...."Al-Khalil" is actually Hebron, not Gaza.
The video graphics and the title, differ.
Also, no facts are included, and the people on the opposite rooftop (targets) are undecipherable as "children".....they are too blurred to be labeled as children, or as "playing".

There does seem to be the sounds of children, as captured by the video camera. But this sound is certainly not recorded/captured from the people seen 3 buildings away.......and neither is the audio heard from the snipers.

Any thoughts ?

I doubt these are children on the rooftops covered in all black, and if you pan through the footage you will notice pairs of people dressed in all black on other rooftops in the vicinity. If a child was shot by a sniper rifle from that distance it probably would've torn his leg off completely, and why in the hell would children be playing on roof tops during a war. If we remember Hamas fighters were always completely covered in black attire from head to toe, and to me at least they all looked like Hamas fighters on all the rooftops probably trying to give coordinates to their leaders as to where the Israeli ground troops or drones were. I also find it hard to believe that 5 Israeli troops could just sit on a rooftop like that in Gaza without having their position given away.

Last edited:
It was in Hebron, not Gaza (maybe you knew that already......just clarifying for others here.)

It was in Hebron, not Gaza (maybe you knew that already......just clarifying for others here.)
Yes, Hebron is in the West Bank. I know there's been an IDF raid on Hebron recently and this could possibly be more propaganda from the PLO this time to involve the world once again. If you remember, Israel recently claimed they were going to seize some 500 acres of land in Hebron in response to the 4 Israelis that were kidnapped and later found dead. The world was against this decision. Then yesterday Palestinian and Middle east media sources are claiming Israel raided Hebron and "kidnapped" up to 6 Palestinians. Like here; http://www.imemc.org/article/69056.
So I think this is another "propaganda" move on the Palestinians behalf.

It's hard to tell what they are shooting at, but I doubt they were children. As an Alumnus of the IDF (Mid 90s) I don't ever remember anyone trying to shoot children, and that's not to suggest that it did not happen.

I'm also unsure what is wrong with the other guys congratulating the sniper that made the shot...? It was obviously not a kill shot as it would have been to his head. Whilst it might not be very tasteful, shooting their enemy is what they are there to do, and it is exactly the same in the British and US Armies...

I'm not sure this is debunkable, unless someone with super-video skills wants to work out the height of the victim...?

I'm also unsure what is wrong with the other guys congratulating the sniper that made the shot...? It was obviously not a kill shot as it would have been to his head. Whilst it might not be very tasteful, shooting their enemy is what they are there to do, and it is exactly the same in the British and US Armies...
I would imagine snipers would cheer each other one when they made contact or a kill shot. I think they have to separate themselves from what happens after the bullet leaves the gun, otherwise they wouldn't make very good snipers. It's distasteful to see it happening from a witness perspective, but I'm sure there has to be a rush when your shot hits the target considering distance, winds, and altitude. We even hear US military men cheer on Nat Geo, or History channel when they are involved in battle and hit their target, even when airstrikes are called in you hear them praising the air force. I think it's a reflexive behavior when dealing with struggles of war

Last edited:
I would imagine snipers would cheer each other one when they made contact or a kill shot. I think they have to separate themselves from what happens after the bullet leaves the gun, otherwise they wouldn't make very good snipers. It's distasteful to see it happening from a witness perspective, but I'm sure there has to be a rush when your shot hits the target considering distance, winds, and altitude. We even hear US military men cheer on Nat Geo, or History channel when they are involved in battle and hit their target, even when airstrikes are called in you hear them praising the air force. I think it's a reflexive behavior when dealing with struggles of war

Just like most people with normal vision, I couldn't decipher any children in this video. I completely agree with you on the issue of how targets or the enemy are perceived by each opposing side in combat situations. It is in their best interest to detach from the humanity of the enemy. He/she is just an enemy - if you miss the target, the target may not miss you!

Finally, it never ceases to amaze me that it appears that it is only the 'atrocities' committed by Israel against its enemies (mostly in self-defence) that get press coverage more so than the ones Israel has to endure at the hands of its numerous enemies.

Finally, it never ceases to amaze me that it appears that it is only the 'atrocities' committed by Israel against its enemies (mostly in self-defence) that get press coverage more so than the ones Israel has to endure at the hands of its numerous enemies.
It's the way of the world. The US can bomb civilians in Afghanastan and Iraq and no one even blinks an eye. We can talk about how the Taliban and Al Queda hide behind civilians to justify our means, but have a different standard for Israel. I forget the massacre that took place on the road that left Kuwait into Iraq during the 1st Gulf War. Every car, bus, truck, person on that road died that night. For what ever reason the world has a higher regard for how Israel should defend itself and for how Israel decides to utilize its weapons. Moments after the war, after Hamas signed the peace agreement, their leaders were on TV saying there is no way they would ever give up their weapons, and that they are planning for the next war. What does that tell you? They have no desire for peace, and the world showed a terrorist regime that if you fight hard enough and use your civilians as bait, then you will move ahead in life. A 2 state solution is imperative, and I believe in that, but Israel has a right to defend itself. No country in the world would tolerate another country firing rockets into it's land or digging tunnels into their country. I mean when the US finds a drug cartel tunnel its big news and a cause for concern. Now just imagine if those tunnels were being used to plan deadly attacks against our nation. What then?
It's really simple, Hamas should disarm if they really want a 2 state solution. I can appreciate a countries desire to defend itself. I get that, but show the world you desire peace over destruction. Get your state up and running. Offer services and jobs for your civilians. Beef up your infrastructure, and trade economy. Put an airport in Gaza and open up the fishing boundaries. Do all of these things, and then no country would ever argue their right to defend themselves.

Added: Found the road leaving Kuwait during the first Gulf War. It was called the Highway of Death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_of_Death