Video: "Israeli snipers shoot children playing on rooftop in Gaza"

Leifer

Senior Member.
I'm wondering the legitimacy of this semi-viral video's claim....here is the video:

The first obvious mistake/contradiction is that ...."Al-Khalil" is actually Hebron, not Gaza.
The video graphics and the title, differ.
Also, no facts are included, and the people on the opposite rooftop (targets) are undecipherable as "children".....they are too blurred to be labeled as children, or as "playing".

There does seem to be the sounds of children, as captured by the video camera. But this sound is certainly not recorded/captured from the people seen 3 buildings away.......and neither is the audio heard from the snipers.

Any thoughts ?

Last edited:

Leifer

Senior Member.
Found this.....

Soldiers rapped for celebrating after shooting Palestinian

.....and this description (with some speculation):
http://www.thomaswictor.com/pallywood-made-by-non-palestinians

Last edited:

Leifer

Senior Member.
The video was taken to a further extreme step by some....claiming this sniper video "can't be shared" on facebook (censorship).
Well......look how many times the "unsharable video/story" has been shared, on just today's FB pages about military sniping ?......
(scroll/browse down)
https://www.facebook.com/topic/Atirador-especial/104016706302705
I counted......and stopped counting after 27 shares in the last 24 hours because it got too repetitious.

Last edited:

derwoodii

Senior Member.
from the vid comments a chap says
apart from that I can not tell much but feel a few thing dont add up to be dinks

wait the link given had much better clearer vision you see a throw a shot and hit to leg a motive on both sides beyond me

Jason

I'm wondering the legitimacy of this semi-viral video's claim....here is the video:

The first obvious mistake/contradiction is that ...."Al-Khalil" is actually Hebron, not Gaza.
The video graphics and the title, differ.
Also, no facts are included, and the people on the opposite rooftop (targets) are undecipherable as "children".....they are too blurred to be labeled as children, or as "playing".

There does seem to be the sounds of children, as captured by the video camera. But this sound is certainly not recorded/captured from the people seen 3 buildings away.......and neither is the audio heard from the snipers.

Any thoughts ?
I doubt these are children on the rooftops covered in all black, and if you pan through the footage you will notice pairs of people dressed in all black on other rooftops in the vicinity. If a child was shot by a sniper rifle from that distance it probably would've torn his leg off completely, and why in the hell would children be playing on roof tops during a war. If we remember Hamas fighters were always completely covered in black attire from head to toe, and to me at least they all looked like Hamas fighters on all the rooftops probably trying to give coordinates to their leaders as to where the Israeli ground troops or drones were. I also find it hard to believe that 5 Israeli troops could just sit on a rooftop like that in Gaza without having their position given away.

Last edited:

Leifer

Senior Member.
It was in Hebron, not Gaza (maybe you knew that already......just clarifying for others here.)

Jason

It was in Hebron, not Gaza (maybe you knew that already......just clarifying for others here.)
Yes, Hebron is in the West Bank. I know there's been an IDF raid on Hebron recently and this could possibly be more propaganda from the PLO this time to involve the world once again. If you remember, Israel recently claimed they were going to seize some 500 acres of land in Hebron in response to the 4 Israelis that were kidnapped and later found dead. The world was against this decision. Then yesterday Palestinian and Middle east media sources are claiming Israel raided Hebron and "kidnapped" up to 6 Palestinians. Like here; http://www.imemc.org/article/69056.
So I think this is another "propaganda" move on the Palestinians behalf.

BombDr

Senior Member.
It's hard to tell what they are shooting at, but I doubt they were children. As an Alumnus of the IDF (Mid 90s) I don't ever remember anyone trying to shoot children, and that's not to suggest that it did not happen.

I'm also unsure what is wrong with the other guys congratulating the sniper that made the shot...? It was obviously not a kill shot as it would have been to his head. Whilst it might not be very tasteful, shooting their enemy is what they are there to do, and it is exactly the same in the British and US Armies...

I'm not sure this is debunkable, unless someone with super-video skills wants to work out the height of the victim...?

Jason

I'm also unsure what is wrong with the other guys congratulating the sniper that made the shot...? It was obviously not a kill shot as it would have been to his head. Whilst it might not be very tasteful, shooting their enemy is what they are there to do, and it is exactly the same in the British and US Armies...
I would imagine snipers would cheer each other one when they made contact or a kill shot. I think they have to separate themselves from what happens after the bullet leaves the gun, otherwise they wouldn't make very good snipers. It's distasteful to see it happening from a witness perspective, but I'm sure there has to be a rush when your shot hits the target considering distance, winds, and altitude. We even hear US military men cheer on Nat Geo, or History channel when they are involved in battle and hit their target, even when airstrikes are called in you hear them praising the air force. I think it's a reflexive behavior when dealing with struggles of war

Last edited:

Brainiachick

I would imagine snipers would cheer each other one when they made contact or a kill shot. I think they have to separate themselves from what happens after the bullet leaves the gun, otherwise they wouldn't make very good snipers. It's distasteful to see it happening from a witness perspective, but I'm sure there has to be a rush when your shot hits the target considering distance, winds, and altitude. We even hear US military men cheer on Nat Geo, or History channel when they are involved in battle and hit their target, even when airstrikes are called in you hear them praising the air force. I think it's a reflexive behavior when dealing with struggles of war

Just like most people with normal vision, I couldn't decipher any children in this video. I completely agree with you on the issue of how targets or the enemy are perceived by each opposing side in combat situations. It is in their best interest to detach from the humanity of the enemy. He/she is just an enemy - if you miss the target, the target may not miss you!

Finally, it never ceases to amaze me that it appears that it is only the 'atrocities' committed by Israel against its enemies (mostly in self-defence) that get press coverage more so than the ones Israel has to endure at the hands of its numerous enemies.

Jason

Finally, it never ceases to amaze me that it appears that it is only the 'atrocities' committed by Israel against its enemies (mostly in self-defence) that get press coverage more so than the ones Israel has to endure at the hands of its numerous enemies.
It's the way of the world. The US can bomb civilians in Afghanastan and Iraq and no one even blinks an eye. We can talk about how the Taliban and Al Queda hide behind civilians to justify our means, but have a different standard for Israel. I forget the massacre that took place on the road that left Kuwait into Iraq during the 1st Gulf War. Every car, bus, truck, person on that road died that night. For what ever reason the world has a higher regard for how Israel should defend itself and for how Israel decides to utilize its weapons. Moments after the war, after Hamas signed the peace agreement, their leaders were on TV saying there is no way they would ever give up their weapons, and that they are planning for the next war. What does that tell you? They have no desire for peace, and the world showed a terrorist regime that if you fight hard enough and use your civilians as bait, then you will move ahead in life. A 2 state solution is imperative, and I believe in that, but Israel has a right to defend itself. No country in the world would tolerate another country firing rockets into it's land or digging tunnels into their country. I mean when the US finds a drug cartel tunnel its big news and a cause for concern. Now just imagine if those tunnels were being used to plan deadly attacks against our nation. What then?
It's really simple, Hamas should disarm if they really want a 2 state solution. I can appreciate a countries desire to defend itself. I get that, but show the world you desire peace over destruction. Get your state up and running. Offer services and jobs for your civilians. Beef up your infrastructure, and trade economy. Put an airport in Gaza and open up the fishing boundaries. Do all of these things, and then no country would ever argue their right to defend themselves.

Added: Found the road leaving Kuwait during the first Gulf War. It was called the Highway of Death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_of_Death

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Debunked: Video of Poll Worker "Filling In" Ballots. Election 2020 3
Trailblazer Reutlingen Fake UFO Video 2013 UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
V GIMBAL Video: Simulating the ATFLIR Tracking and Gimbal Rotation UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 20
Rocky Gettysburg 'ghosts’ run across road [Windscreen smudge] General Discussion 4
D Falmouth "Shadow Creature" Video [Black Cat?] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 10
G Belarus demonstration video Current Events 2
M Fast moving object "intersecting clouds" in Hungarian YouTuber's video [Insect] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
U Looking for debunkings of the “Plandemic” video Coronavirus COVID-19 17
Jesse3959 Being seen from space - methods to demonstrate that sats are real and provide live video? Flat Earth 6
R Claim: Apollo 15-17 Live TV Feed - Antenna signal would be interrupted from all the violent shaking when Astronauts touch the buggy General Discussion 26
J Identifying the Mountains in JTolan's "Rocky Mountains" IR Video Flat Earth 31
Mick West Explained: RARE Video Footage of "Alien Space Craft" WATCHING ISS Astronaut! UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
Wizard Mexican UFO Video? [Oil Rigs] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 6
Mick West Original Flir1, Gimbal, and Go Fast UFO "Raw" Video Files UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 33
Mick West Simulating the Nimitz UFO video as a blurry plane UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 51
jarlrmai UFO video in Arizona from Reddit Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 22
Trailblazer Explained: video of concentric circular "chemtrails" (E-3 Sentry AWACS plane, Feb 1 2019) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West Old USAF "UFO" Video Mentioned By Chris Mellon Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 15
mudr0 Need Debunking: Video claiming zigzaggin objects and movement prove EVA filmed in pool General Discussion 33
Ravi Utah Drone video of UFO [Probably an insect] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 126
Mick West Blowing out Candles with a Single Punch General Discussion 47
Mick West Some New-ish WTC7 Photos (and video?) Corner Damage 9/11 6
B Bob Lazar 1989 Video Analysis Method UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
MisterB Debunked: Isle of Man from Blackpool at water level proves flat earth [refraction] Flat Earth 19
Mick West NYT: GIMBAL Video of U.S. Navy Jet Encounter with Unknown Object UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 452
deirdre Debunked: Lights chasing each other carving holes in clouds (fake video, fallstreak holes) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
StarGazer SpaceX Falcon 9 Captures Video of its own Contrail from Space UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 17
T FE balloon video curvature analysis using Blender Flat Earth 4
Mick West Explained: Viral Video of 787 Leaving Thick Contrails with Forced Perspective Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 1
Astro Debunked: Astronaut's Arm Fades During ISS Video Proving "Green Screening" Science and Pseudoscience 1
Trailblazer Jet Airways intercept video "UFO" (airliner, flight LH998 or LH66?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
penk CNN Greenscreened a guy on a ship? [No] General Discussion 12
Mick West Explained: Chilean Navy "UFO" video - Aerodynamic Contrails, Flight IB6830 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 186
Mick West Debunked: Video of "Islamics Marching Through Berlin" [Biker Gangs] General Discussion 4
Mick West Close Up Videos of Contrails Forming And Evolving Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 19
M Bornong "Something Strange" - Hurriyah car bombing video seems staged General Discussion 50
Mick West P900 Plane and Contrails Photos and Video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 17
mik Lots of wingtip vortices in a FiAF exercise demo video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 0
Mick West Video of New Orleans Superdome Illustrating Curvature and Refraction Flat Earth 5
Clouds Givemethewillies Automated Video Tracking of Planes Tools for Investigating and Debunking 42
C Strange Flickering in Contrail Video Posted in Earlier Thread [Focussing artifacts] Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Leifer Polite video interviewing/debunking Practical Debunking 8
F Explained: Video of plane leaving "6 chemtrails, then 2" [Mixed Exhaust and Aerodynamic Contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Trailspotter Formation and Evolution of a Contrail Grid - Satellite Time-Lapse Video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 22
SamBST Video of hot steel bending 9/11 43
Gary Cook 911 video with edited out planes. 9/11 6
passionfly1 Lets finally debunk Nico and Marco Kaschuba (video hoaxers) People Debunked 0
Trailblazer Explained: "Beam" in Video of Explosion In Iraq. [Rolling Shutter Artifact] General Discussion 11
robotriot Lightning Artefacts on Video Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
Leifer Carly Fiorina's clamed "heart beating" abortion video General Discussion 7
Related Articles

Related Articles