The Black Vault's Twitter Thread on Misleading Claims by Elizondo, TTSA, and Others

yoshy

The Black Vault (a website known for collecting UFO related government documents and testimonies) released a lengthy Twitter thread Saturday regarding misleading claims by Elizondo, TTSA, and others related to these names.

Threadreaderapp thread

I think these claims are noteworthy since the Black Vault is well regarded in the UFO community. And I haven't seen direct accusations of misleading statements from Elizondo and TTSA very often.

Some highlights:

And I truly mean DAY ONE of this current conversation.

In the original press conference in October 2017 that introduced Luis Elizondo to the world, a party balloon was shown to depict a tic-tac as Chris Mellon talked.

This, of course, was entirely inaccurate.

Moving on...

In Luis Elizondo's Oct. 2018 lecture in Italy telling the world stage about UFOs, he talked about a series of events where in 1952 UFOs were seen buzzing the Capitol and the White House.

He showed "real photographs" that consisted of a CGI construct, and a cartoon.

That press release outlined numerous pieces were acquired by TTSA, which come from "an advanced aerospace vehicle of unknown origin."

In that announcement? They show a rock known as "malachite" from a stock photo house.

Elizondo has responded on his Twitter

1. It’s been brought to my attention an inconsistency of the Sun's article of an alleged NSA document. For the record, I never vouched for its voracity, I used it as an example of increasing government transparency over the last four years. I simply quoted the headline that’s all
2. As I said from day one, I shall always hold myself accountable. In 2018, when I provided the briefing in Italy, within 24 hours I issued a correction for the record. Again holding myself accountable.
3. As for the individuals in Unidentified, two of those individuals were indeed affiliated with the program. As for the other individual, he was looking for a job, and the two affiliated were considering bringing him onboard. Later did they determine he would NOT be a good fit.

Pretty sure we mentioned the malachite image back nearer the time, we may have covered the other ones.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/ttsas-metamaterials.10840/#post-233703

Elizondo etc seems have stopped linking themselves to contemporary/historical UFO accounts recently, I think they realised they were going to be either solved by Mick/metabunk etc or could be hoaxes.
I should've assumed you guys spotted all this immediately lol.

I think it's still the first time another big name in the UFO community has called out Elizondo like this.

I should've assumed you guys spotted all this immediately lol.

I think it's still the first time another big name in the UFO community has called out Elizondo like this.

The more they call out each other, the better it is. Let them fight among each other, so that we don't have to. :D

The more they call out each other, the better it is. Let them fight among each other, so that we don't have to. :D
i dont think it matters much whether the fact checker is part of a community or not. i think you get attacked just as hard if you dare speak out at all against the 'accepted narrative', even if you are part of the group.

Article:
15/ I, yet again, am reminded about the double standard that exists within the UFO conversation. I won't be afraid to "call out" (that isn't a "call to arms" as some want you to believe I meant) the inconsistencies.

a few people who shared their stories about 'escaping the rabbit hole', mentioned this phenomenon as a big reason they started to change their minds on issues. ie. getting attacked from their own side for simply correcting one or two things that were demonstratably false.

Back