'Strange' Flight Path on FR24

Whitebeard

Senior Member.
Been following this flight on FR24
tdf relay flight.jpg
No, not a very odd covert geo-engineering flight, ;) ...

Its the television relay plane for the Tour de France. Basically all the TV feeds from the various camera cars and bikes, plus the two or three helicopters that follow the race are relayed up to an aircraft that is circling at high altitude then transmitted on to the main TV centre for the race, then on to the various broadcaster that are covering the race.

I've been watching the race live on TV and following the relay plane all day and thought I would share.

Trailblazer

Staff member
Planefinder.net has a bit more detail. There seem to be three planes following the course, one at 11,000ft, one at 26,000ft and one at 27,000ft:

upload_2017-7-4_17-1-26.png

The registrations are F-HPIX, F-HFTV and F-GJFE.

F-HPIX has "PixAir Survey" branding:

upload_2017-7-4_17-11-59.png

https://flic.kr/p/nJ3F56

The PixAir site is down at the moment but the Google cache shows it does provide broadcast services:
upload_2017-7-4_17-7-15.png

F-HFTV is owned by the aerial survey firm Aéro Sotravia and is noted on this Flickr photo as being the Tour de France TV relay plane:

upload_2017-7-4_17-12-19.png https://flic.kr/p/LvrrmD

F-GJFE is owned by DGAC, the French civil aviation authority: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directorate_General_for_Civil_Aviation_(France)

upload_2017-7-4_17-12-52.png
https://flic.kr/p/R7d9ZL

NoGeoTerrorism

Hi there

It seems there are a number of aviation experts here. Wondering if one of you could explain this flight path for me, seems a little weird to me?

21768096_10203694755805940_1155248331139351461_n (1).jpg

Thanks

deirdre

Senior Member.
It seems there are a number of aviation experts here. Wondering if one of you could explain this flight path for me, seems a little weird to me?
all you need to do is google the plane ID. Then google the company's name to see what they do.

https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N777Q

But based on your screenname, I'm going to go ahead and assume you have already found the answer to your question.

Tedsson

Hi there

Thanks

As Dierdre correctly pointed out (after an exhausting 30 seconds of research) It is collecting geospatial data.

At least you had the decency to retain the aircraft’s registration number which makes it very easy to explain the flight path.

I have noticed that chemtrail believers often post these odd flight paths as some evidence of unspecified skullduggery but omit the registration number so the aircraft cannot be identified.

This aircraft suffered a birdstrike on take off and was burning of fuel to re-land at Liverpool. It’s complete flight path was far more convoluted than this excerpt. The work of seconds to establish the identity and use google to establish what happened from local and national newspapers.
FBC55B13-B498-419C-ACDF-2CD8F24AB559.jpeg

On the other hand you get flight paths like this:
D2AE159D-A0D4-4AD2-9076-F33834A60E90.jpeg
No way to identify the aircraft. It then becomes a “mystery aircraft flying over Minnesota”.

This then gets picked up by CT websites and dubious outlets like sputniknews, gets some added spin and so it all starts.

William of Ockham would probably say it was a police helicopter.

Trailspotter

Senior Member.
On the other hand you get flight paths like this:

No way to identify the aircraft. It then becomes a “mystery aircraft flying over Minnesota”.

This then gets picked up by CT websites and dubious outlets like sputniknews, gets some added spin and so it all starts.

William of Ockham would probably say it was a police helicopter.
It should be noted here that the flightpaths in FlightRadar24 and other online trackers are coloured according to the altitude. For example, in FR24, the light green colour of the above track indicates that the aircraft was below 5,000 ft, but higher than 1,000 ft. A helicopter or an aerobatic plane are the most probable options.

NoGeoTerrorism

No need to be condescending, if I was knew what I was looking at and what to research I would have done it myself. Hence why I came here because I heard there are a lot of aviation experts that know what is "actually" going on with these types of things. Dont assume I am a chemtrail believer either.

JFDee

Senior Member.
No need to be condescending
Debunkers may be a bit demanding occasionally after answering ever similar questions for the umptieth time.

The advice given is still sound: many things can be found out by googling and some logical thinking. It continues to amaze me how powerful that combination can be.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
J Strange lights on picture of the moon during "Blood Moon" [Stuck Pixels] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
T 2 EMF studies showing strange effects on rats (Not Ramizinni) 5G and Other EMF Health Concerns 0
ParanormalInSeattle Strange Light Caught On Camera Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 12
8 Strange Row of Lights Under a Plane? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 42
Mick West Strange Lights in Phone Photos - Flash Reflection from Window UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Justin Shaw New strange drone footage - small white objects moving fast UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 30
C Explanation Strange contrail like structures over English Bay, Vancouver 8:30 PM Aug 5 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
jim oberg Strange cloud UFO over Russia November 2011 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Clouds Givemethewillies Strange looking plane Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 8
M Bornong "Something Strange" - Hurriyah car bombing video seems staged General Discussion 50
ki_cz Strange straight line in the sky [Anticrepuscular ray] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 32
Darren Strange pattern in cloud ... Surrey UK Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 13
C Strange Flickering in Contrail Video Posted in Earlier Thread [Focussing artifacts] Contrails and Chemtrails 7
derwoodii Debunked: Strange lights above Canberra: (Photoshop mistake) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Homeboundanywhere Strange Light at Cathedral in Edinburgh General Discussion 2
Mick West Explained: Strange Clouds over Costa Rica [Cumulonimbus Pileus & Iridescence] General Discussion 14
Mick West Why People are 'Suddenly' Seeing Strange Beams of Light Around the World - The Reddit Effect General Discussion 23
Trailspotter Strange cloud formation in South Indian Ocean Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 13
Efftup Disappearing Falcons near Bournemouth, UK [Limited MLAT Coverage] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 37
Leifer Trippy pic.....digital artifact ? [Rolling Shutter] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Mick West Debunked: Nasa: Strange Markings Across The Globe 'Might Have Been Made By Aliens' UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 26
Mick West "Strange Lights" over Hawaii [Aegis Ashore SM-3 Missile Test] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Balance NASA photo captures strange bright light seemingly coming out of Mars General Discussion 39
Mick West Solved: Strange Beam of Light over Mayan Temple and Florida [Lightning + Rolling Shutter Artifact] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 81
Oxymoron Debunked: LAX Shooting Strange Witness Account with no ID Conspiracy Theories 7
Jarmey 657 More Strange lights in the Sky! [Short Sunlit Contrails] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 58
Jarmey 657 Strange sighting over Kent 10th Oct 2013 [Long Exposure of Star] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 26
SabreSaint Debunked: Strange Sounds In Terrace, BC, Canada August 29th UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 8
Mick West Debunked: Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky (Weather Balloon) UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
Mick West Russ Tanner's strange theory of wind resistence Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Leifer strange black box Site Feedback & News 1
PlainandTall Strange cloud/contrail in morning sky Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Mick West Debunked: Strange Blue Spheres Fall Over England 2012 UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 15
oroboros Debunked: Strange Sounds in the Sky Conspiracy Theories 68
S Took this photo with strange undentified object...... UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 7
Agent K Serpentine flight pattern over Los Angeles Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 18
Leifer USS Ford : leaked footage of UFO seen on flight deck [CGI] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 7
Priyadi Antipodal Flight Flat Earth 18
Mick West Explained: Jet Chasing UFO: X-45A and F/A-18B Formation Flight Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Mick West Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 and 9/11's United Flight 93 9/11 6
Mendel Debunked: Air Map of the World 1945 is a flat Earth map Flat Earth 0
G Flight data for Flights 11 and 175 9/11 4
Mick West Inexperienced Pilot Recreating 9/11 Flight 77's Descending Turn into the Pentagon 9/11 30
inkwell American Airlines Flight 77 Missing from Bureau of Transportation Departure Report 9/11 12
inkwell American Airlines Flight 77 Aircraft Accident Package lists no. of Passengers/Fatalies as "Unknown" Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Explaining the 9/11 Murray St Engine from Flight 175 (N612UA) that hit WTC2 9/11 14
Mick West Halifax, NS: Regularly Spaced Gaps in Contrails [Ethiopian Flight 501] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 47
Mick West A Plane Flying Across the Face of the Sun, with Contrails [Virgin Flight 353] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
V Flight 93 Crash Physics - Fragmented Plane Buried in the Ground 9/11 10
TEEJ Contrails filmed from commercial flight over the Irish Sea - 6th May 2017 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Related Articles

Related Articles