Steven Greenstreet's Skinwalker Ranch Video Series

yoshy

Here's a link to @sgreenstreet 's entire playlist that eventually led here: Basement Office Playlist. The playlist starts with Greenstreet and Nick Pope (that UFO guy from the UK MoD) discussing various UFO stories. If I remember correctly, Greenstreet starts the series as somewhere between believer and skeptic (please correct me if I'm wrong; it's been a while).

For those not interested in watching the entire ~15 video series, I recommend just starting on the Lue Elizondo episodes and going from through the end of the Skinwalker episodes. The first 10 or so are fun, but not as focused on the skeptical side of things this website is for. The remaining episodes after are directly relevant to the modern revival from the Pentagon releases, and this is when the skepticism really starts to turn up.

The videos get especially spicy once Greenstreet turns his attention to the more recent UFO videos and Lue Elizondo specifically.
. Moving on to videos on the various UFO programs AATIP, AAWSAP and those involved. There are numerous inconsistencies in stories from the players involved. No evidence ever shared. Confounding reality TV shows.

Finally, the last 5 episodes are on SkinWalker Ranch, starting with this one .

It's impossible to easily summarize several hours of video, but it's worth watching for any skeptic. The basic summary is Greenstreet researches the history of Skinwalker ranch, interviews relevant people, and eventually spends a night at the ranch. Essentially, nothing makes sense by the end of it. Some things are almost too stupid to believe they're real, but everything is verified in the videos.

So finally a question for Mr @sgreenstreet. Do you have any firm belief in what's truly going on here? My impression from watching these videos is that you grow more and more incredulous as the series goes on. Is my impression of your feelings correct? Are you pretty frustrated by the end?

When I first watched Part 3 of Skinwalker, I had a really positive impression of Brandon Fugal, and it seemed like you did too. He seemed to be a legit believer and dedicated to being open with the findings. But by part 5, it was quite clear that there is no commitment to openness. Among much else, he avoids your questions about contagions, charges for access to the ranch website, shares literally no real evidence with you at months of ghosting you. By the end of it, it just seems like a scam to me, and you seemed quite frustrated with Fugal. Do you think people like Fugal are genuine but mislead or gullible? Are they grifters?

Final episode just dropped.

@Nemon at the end of the episode, he said that he requested the 5 best pieces of evidence, actual data, from Fugal. Fugal didn't respond for months, and his eventual response was just fluff from the show. I believe that accounted for the delay.

I highly recommend everyone watch this series. It's nearly impossible to summarize how absurd the whole situation is. More examples of past and present claims of unexplainable behavior, never sharing data. More connections between the major players exposed. The fact that everything is so heavily monetized has made me lean more towards deliberate scam.

One of the best moments is Greenstreet questioning Fugal on claims that there is essentially a contagious poltergeist or virus from the ranch. Greenstreet presses Fugal on why Fugal has never contacted the CDC or other authorities about this dangerous contagion, inter-spliced with clips of the stars of the show meeting with hundreds or thousands of fans (and charging them money for it).

I think we need a separate thread for the series itself (or each episode if mods prefer that). There's just so much ridiculousness to summarize.

Additional context:

The video is the conclusion to Greenstreet's series on Skinwalker Ranch. It's a 47 minute video that includes a lot of new information, as well as footage from Greenstreet's night at the ranch. Spoiler alert: he didn't find any aliens, dinobeavers, or other notable paranormal activity. He does get bad allergies.

The video includes some further background on Fugal, the current owner of the ranch, including his involvement with an "archaeology" group whose goals including proving the book of Mormon and UFO sightings.

There is a further dive into the personalities involved both up front and behind the scenes, including Jay Stratton, Travis Taylor, Utah government officials. Many of these personalities also get paid thousands for their appearances at paranormal conventions.

Includes fun facts like Travis Taylor has previously speculated that Greenstreet is actually working for the Men in Black. Also lots of stonewalling from government officials.

Hopefully this is enough context in a thread where we've been discussing the videos. It's a 47 minute video, and it's difficult to summarize just how dumb a lot of the truth is.

Last edited by a moderator:
The video is the conclusion to Greenstreet's series on Skinwalker Ranch. It's a 47 minute video that includes a lot of new information, as well as footage from Greenstreet's night at the ranch. Spoiler alert: he didn't find any aliens, dinobeavers, or other notable paranormal activity. He does get bad allergies.

The video includes some further background on Fugal, the current owner of the ranch, including his involvement with an "archaeology" group whose goals including proving the book of Mormon and UFO sightings.

There is a further dive into the personalities involved both up front and behind the scenes, including Jay Stratton, Travis Taylor, Utah government officials. Many of these personalities also get paid thousands for their appearances at paranormal conventions.

Includes fun facts like Travis Taylor has previously speculated that Greenstreet is actually working for the Men in Black. Also lots of stonewalling from government officials.

Hopefully this is enough context in a thread where we've been discussing the videos. It's a 47 minute video, and it's difficult to summarize just how dumb a lot of the truth is.
Are you speculating these personalities "get paid thousands for their appearances at paranormal conferences" or do you have a source confirming that statement? I remember reading conference speakers are paid expenses (travel, food, lodging etc.), but make their money on books/video/merchandise sales both at and after the conferences. Personally that never made much sense to me, so I'm curious what appearance fees they receive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for watching and for setting up this thread! I will answer your questions as best I can. Give me until tomorrow please. Thanks again!

I literally messed up creating that link 3 or 4 times while creating this post lol. Really thought I had it right the last time
Got it, thank you. I decided to go through the whole series, but for the sake of my sanity I watched the first one on 1-3/4 speed, not having the patience to sit through all those dramatic pauses. :) I don't think anything is missed by doing so.

Are you speculating these personalities "get paid thousands for their appearances at paranormal conferences" or do you have a source confirming that statement? I remember reading conference speakers are paid expenses (travel, food, lodging etc.), but make their money on books/video/merchandise sales both at and after the conferences. Personally that never made much sense to me, so I'm curious what appearance fees they receive.
Good question. Yes, Greenstreet provides the receipts in the final episode (chapter 4, around 35 minutes). The appearance fees include speaking arrangements and even meet and greets. Some of the tickets at the events go up to $2000! One example was approximately $10,000 for Travis Taylor's appearance at Phenomecon.

Good question. Yes, Greenstreet provides the receipts in the final episode (chapter 4, around 35 minutes). The appearance fees include speaking arrangements and even meet and greets. Some of the tickets at the events go up to $2000! One example was approximately $10,000 for Travis Taylor's appearance at Phenomecon.
$10K? Wow. As the old saying goes, "It's good work if you can get it." I wonder if it's too late to get in on that scam?

Thanks.

$10K? Wow. As the old saying goes, "It's good work if you can get it." I wonder if it's too late to get in on that scam?

Thanks.
$10k for just one convention! And they do multiple a year! And I bet the history channel pays pretty nicely too. Add in charging for pictures, autographs, meet and greets, and you got yourself a pretty lucrative business going. (Again, these extras are detailed in the video. I am not making any original claims.)

That's why I keep saying everbody has to watch the series to believe it. The actual events are so absurd that it comes off as scripted fiction, but Greenstreet provides the evidence for everything. Like I said above, I literally cannot tell if everybody truly believes this stuff, is it a grift, a combination? Is it simply a modern religion? Somebody explain this to me!

Mick's interview with Fugal:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eaStZfEolE
would be worthwhile to review here. As in it, Fugal shares the opinion of being open with the data. In contrast, it's interesting to see how what he said then, two years ago, appears now—being unwilling to share even relatively small text files. However, I think Fugal's being honest, or at least genuinely believes he has convincing evidence, even though most of us can see that the evidence is pretty poor. I see this play out time and time again in the field of ufology: uncompelling evidence is put forth, and unsupported claims follow.

Secondly, are the scientists he has working for him, shall we say, a bit too eager to find "anomalies" everywhere? Do they have a financial incentive to be part of a History Channel series? Are they taking advantage of his deep pockets? I suspect they are. I think the fault doesn't lie so much with Fugal as with the people he's surrounded himself with.

Secondly, are the scientists he has working for him, shall we say, a bit too eager to find "anomalies" everywhere? Do they have a financial incentive to be part of a History Channel series? Are they taking advantage of his deep pockets? I suspect they are. I think the fault doesn't lie so much with Fugal as with the people he's surrounded himself with.
All the above. On going through the videos, so far I've heard of the foot soldiers, the guys minding the ranch, that "the boss wants a daily report but he doesn't want to hear that nothing happened", so they "embellished" (I.e. invented) something. The same might be true of the scientists.

Don't underestimate the ego boost, the thrill, the sense of importance that comes from thinking "I know secret stuff that most people don't know, and I associate with very important and influential people". Maybe that's a component of every conspiracy belief. I think money alone would be insufficient to get an honest scientist on board, but perhaps I'm wearing my rose-colored glasses.

Biggest red flag for me of SWR is that there there are alledgly wormholes over the ranch which suck up research balloons and missiles as well as electromagnetic anomalies that disable drones flying over the property. But Brandon Fugal himself doesn't mind taking a helicopter ride to it.

Last edited:
Biggest red flag for me of SWR is that there there are alledgly wormholes over the ranch which suck up research balloons and missiles and electromagnetic anomalies that disable drones flying over the property. But Brandon Fugal himself doesn't mind taking a helicopter ride over it.
Hey, but they do pray before doing so!

basically, they did an experiment dropping bottles with GPS trackers out of a helicopter over the wormhole (!) and then claimed the results showed the bottles bouncing off something.
Their gps responses were obviously unreliable in that clip, firstly sending no signals back to the ground team, and then showing incorrect positions from the couple they managed to retrieve manually. (They also completely neglect the fact that wind patterns would necessarily change in the vicinity of an immovable object such as their mesa.)
Here's an interesting article (a couple of years old) about problems with gps and the things that can go wrong.

The problem is that GPS signals are incredibly weak, due to the distance they have to travel from space, making them subject to interference and vulnerable to jamming and what is known as spoofing, in which another signal is passed off as the original. And the satellites themselves could easily be taken out by hurtling space junk or the sun coughing up a fireball. As intentional and unintentional GPS disruptions are on the rise, experts warn that our overreliance on the technology is courting disaster, but they are divided on what to do about it.
Mr. Humphreys got the attention of the U.S. Department of Defense and the Federal Aviation Administration about this issue back in 2008 when he published a paper showing he could spoof GPS receivers. At the time, he said he thought the threat came mainly from hackers with something to prove: “I didn’t even imagine that the level of interference that we’ve been seeing recently would be attributable to state actors.”
More than 10,000 incidents of GPS interference have been linked to China and Russia in the past five years. Ship captains have reported GPS errors showing them 20-120 miles inland when they were actually sailing off the coast of Russia in the Black Sea. Also well documented are ships suddenly disappearing from navigation screens while maneuvering in the Port of Shanghai.
In 2013 a New Jersey truck driver interfered with Newark Liberty International Airport’s satellite-based tracking system when he plugged a GPS jamming device into his vehicle’s cigarette lighter to hide his location from his employer.
Content from External Source
qqhttps://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/23/...tives-navigation-critical-infrastructure.html

It seems likely that if a tech-savvy crew can hook up lots of GPS systems (although poorly, since they couldn't get a reading from the ground), they could also jam them or interfere with their accuracy. Once again we are faced with the problem of having to trust not just the instruments, but every single member of the tech team that handles either the instruments or any remote device that can interact with them. And all of them know that their employment depends on finding something unusual.

Last edited:
Biggest red flag for me of SWR is that there there are alledgly wormholes over the ranch which suck up research balloons and missiles as well as electromagnetic anomalies that disable drones flying over the property. But Brandon Fugal himself doesn't mind taking a helicopter ride to it.
And he takes celebrities on tours through a supposed contagion zone! And goes to conventions with hundreds of people while possibly being infected by an alien poltergeist!

Mick's interview with Fugal:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eaStZfEolE
would be worthwhile to review here. As in it, Fugal shares the opinion of being open with the data. In contrast, it's interesting to see how what he said then, two years ago, appears now—being unwilling to share even relatively small text files. However, I think Fugal's being honest, or at least genuinely believes he has convincing evidence, even though most of us can see that the evidence is pretty poor. I see this play out time and time again in the field of ufology: uncompelling evidence is put forth, and unsupported claims follow.

As I mentioned above, he also believes in the Book of Mormon as historical fact. That includes beliefs that ancient Israelites travelled to the US and became what we now call Native Americans. That is a directly testable claim that is thoroughly debunked by all of archaeology, genetics, and so on. So what I'm saying is that perhaps he lacks the skills to consider the quality of evidence, to put it nicely.
Yes, there is a financial incentive. The scientists are paid to be on the History Channel shows. Fugal has a financial incentive through charging visitors and the lore of the ranch increases its value when he chooses to sell, most likely.

Do we know how much the ranch cost? It could be a case that he has to re-coup his investment costs if the expected evidence didn't turn up.

Do we know how much the ranch cost? It could be a case that he has to re-coup his investment costs if the expected evidence didn't turn up.
Can't find a price, but you can find the assessments here. Search for ADAMANTIUM REAL ESTATE. The 7 results all make up parcels of Skinwalker Ranch. I think, I'm not an expert. Perhaps someone more knowledgable can use the addresses to find past purchase prices. The largest parcel at 162 acres has a market value of 370706. Of course, we can't really infer the purchase price. If anything, I would assume the value has gone up due to the show.

Of course, we can't really infer the purchase price.

I know Bigelow paid $200K for it and I swear the wiki page used to list the price Fugel paid, but not anymore. I thought it was in the $2 million+ range, so that Bigelow made a nice profit.

Cattle mutilations have been part of the folklore of the surrounding area for decades. When NIDSci founder Robert Bigelow purchased the ranch for $200,000, this was reportedly the result of his having been convinced by the stories of mutilations, that included tales of strange lights and unusual impressions made in grass and soil told by the family of former ranch owner Terry Sherman.[6][7][8][9]

In 2016, Bigelow sold Skinwalker Ranch to Adamantium Real Estate LLC. After this purchase, roads leading to the ranch were blocked, the perimeter was guarded by cameras and barbed wire, and signs were posted that aimed to prevent people from approaching the ranch.[16]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinwalker_Ranch

I'll keep searching our own threads about the Ranch.

I'll keep searching our own threads about the Ranch

Found the same basic entry from Wikipedia on one of our other threads. The amount needed a citation, so maybe it was wrong and got deleted:

Cattle mutilations
have been part of the folklore of the surrounding area for decades. When NIDSci founder Robert Bigelow purchased the ranch for $200,000, this was reportedly the result of his having been convinced by the stories of mutilations that included tales of strange lights and unusual impressions made in grass and soil told by the family of former ranch owner Terry Sherman.[6][7][8][9]

In 2016, Bigelow sold Skinwalker Ranch for $4.5 million[citation needed] to Adamantium Real Estate LLC. After this purchase, roads leading to the ranch were blocked, the perimeter was guarded by cameras and barbed wire, and signs were posted that aimed to prevent people from approaching the ranch.[16]

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/ar...fo-projects-linked-to-skinwalker-ranch.12490/ post #23

https://parallaxuap.blogspot.com/2020/11/tell-him-what-he-wants-to-hear-ex-baass.html

He confirmed that a couple of strange things happened during his 6-year stint, but a lot of extraordinary stories were in fact embellished. “We had a few people who tried to make stuff up in order to please Mr Bigelow. Same with NIDS. A few BAASS guys did as well. So you had real stuff and fake stuff“ he explained. “I remember hearing rumors when I was first hired that a bonus would be giving out if anyone provided actual evidence to a event. This of course created a problem. Yes, some people embellished stories.“
(Bold face print in original article.)

This article is almost three years old, and discusses experiences (or lack thereof) when SWR was owned by Bigelow. I wouldn't be surprised if the "tell them what they want to hear" stuff still exists under Fugal.

A month or so before this article was published, Coast to Coast AM (C2C) guest host George Knapp had former SWR security officer Chris Bartel (he's quoted in the article above) on as a guest. It was soon apparent Knapp nor his producer had talked to the guest prior to going on air as Bartel continually responded negatively to the loaded questions Knapp kept throwing him about weird goings on at the ranch. The longer the interview went on, the more desperate Knapp became. Bartel must have felt sorry for Knapp because he eventually came up with experiences of seeing a "shooting star" that he initially couldn't identify and a flickering light bulb that finally burned out. Knapp couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

Probably a coincidence, but if you enter Bartel's name in the C2C website's search for former guests, he doesn't come up.

Found the same basic entry from Wikipedia on one of our other threads. The amount needed a citation, so maybe it was wrong and got deleted:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/ar...fo-projects-linked-to-skinwalker-ranch.12490/ post #23
Good find. I did find $4.5 million in one other source https://www.history.co.uk/articles/9-unknown-and-spooky-facts-about-skinwalker-ranch
In 2016, Bigelow sold the ranch for a reported $4.5 million to Adamantium Holdings, the current owner who trademarked the property ‘Skinwalker Ranch’.

But it's an unattributed "reported" amount from an undated article with no author named.

Even better source, Fugal himself denies paying $4.5 million

@NorCal Dave

Even better source, Fugal himself denies paying $4.5 million

@NorCal Dave

I've heard him make that "reimbursement personally" statement previously. Unless he bought the property personally in his name, as opposed to an incorporated entity of some type, nothing is "personal." Guy sounds like he's enough of a businessman to understand the advantages of incorporation.

Do you have any firm belief in what's truly going on here?

Skinwalker Ranch is a symbol. An allegory. A mirror. For the desperate seekers like Bigelow and Fugal, they see what they've always wanted to see. Those around them often take advantage of their desperation and fanaticism to live out whatever fantasies they have or perhaps just for a paycheck. In essence, there's nothing at Skinwalker Ranch. And there never has been.

My impression from watching these videos is that you grow more and more incredulous as the series goes on. Is my impression of your feelings correct?

Yes this is correct.

Are you pretty frustrated by the end?

I've gone through various levels of frustration with all this. I'm slowly becoming more and more immune to frustration. Mostly because I'm almost done with all these episodes.

Do you think people like Fugal are genuine but mislead or gullible? Are they grifters?

I feel Fugal is genuine. I think he's quite childlike and has never really stepped outside his very safe Utah bubble where he's been a big fish in a small seas for decades. Gullible is definitely a word I'd use. God dilemma perhaps.

Skinwalker Ranch is a symbol. An allegory. A mirror. For the desperate seekers like Bigelow and Fugal, they see what they've always wanted to see. Those around them often take advantage of their desperation and fanaticism to live out whatever fantasies they have or perhaps just for a paycheck. In essence, there's nothing at Skinwalker Ranch. And there never has been.

My impression from watching these videos is that you grow more and more incredulous as the series goes on. Is my impression of your feelings correct?

Yes this is correct.

I've gone through various levels of frustration with all this. I'm slowly becoming more and more immune to frustration. Mostly because I'm almost done with all these episodes.

Do you think people like Fugal are genuine but mislead or gullible? Are they grifters?

I feel Fugal is genuine. I think he's quite childlike and has never really stepped outside his very safe Utah bubble where he's been a big fish in a small seas for decades. Gullible is definitely a word I'd use. God dilemma perhaps.
This is word-for-word identical to my experience from watching six or seven seasons of The Curse of Oak Island. In that case it's the Lagina Brothers instead of Bigelow and Fugal. With the Laginas it's even more transparent because exploring Oak Island is their actual childhood fantasies, which they are now able to live out. After years of supposed breakthrough discoveries though, it was one fake mystery after another but never, as Rick Lagina called it, the "One Thing" — a piece of evidence that definitively proved the existence of treasure. Because there's nothing at Oak Island, either.

Yes this is correct.

Thanks again for joining the convo and taking questions!

2 follow up questions: Without naming names (unless you really want to start some drama ;)), are there any big names involved in Skinwalker or the related UFO community that you think are straight up grifters, as opposed to genuine believers like Fugal?

Second question, any plans for what's next for you?

Yes this is correct.

I wanted to thank your for your fascinating series and for helping join the dots on the crazy links of all these people and for doing the journalistic legwork.

I started off debunking UFOs as it was a fun way to exercise my troubleshooting mindset, but along the way discovered that it seems that the US government has/had an actual serious problem with true believers on the inside diverting resources.

Thanks for your explanation of some of the beliefs of the Mormons of which I was unaware. That "many worlds" thing and "portals" seem tailor-made to set a person up for belief in supernatural events, and if it's a life-long belief system, especially one that's shared with all your co-workers, I can see how it would be very difficult to talk people out of.

(Just one note, although it's not a rabbit hole I care to delve deeply into, but in episode 4 you are finally shown videos of glowing "orbs". In the last couple of seconds of the second one, it looks as if you can actually SEE the cobwebs up at the top of the screen. Nobody comments upon it.)

I've heard him make that "reimbursement personally" statement previously. Unless he bought the property personally in his name, as opposed to an incorporated entity of some type, nothing is "personal." Guy sounds like he's enough of a businessman to understand the advantages of incorporation.
His linkedin says he is the owner of the LLC which owns the ranch, so I am inclined to believe you. You can check that its owned by an LLC by going to the county website, entering the parcel number,150040002, and seeing its an LLC. Unfortunately, it does not list tax/sale information, some do.

His linkedin says he is the owner of the LLC which owns the ranch, so I am inclined to believe you. You can check that its owned by an LLC by going to the county website, entering the parcel number,150040002, and seeing its an LLC. Unfortunately, it does not list tax/sale information, some do.
I posted similar information up above in #18. I found this website much easier to navigate than yours. Just search for ADAMANTIUM (short for ADAMANTIUM REAL ESTATE LLC). You'll see the parcel you identified, 150040002, as well as 6 others that are connected. The LLC is registered in Delaware. You can pay $20 for filings but I have no idea if that includes what we're looking for, so I didn't bother purchasing access yet.

From the video...
And then my lightning strike detector went off. My lightning strike detector just went off.
30:23
It just beeped and it said, relocate. That means right where I am, there's some kind of electrical thing.
30:32
And then my eyes started to burn. Jeez, my eye..
30:38
My face started to burn.
30:44
I went back to my campsite and poured water on my eyes and face to no avail.

Probably allergies, as he says. But a suspicious man might think that someone was shining a powerful IR light at Greenstreet. And that same suspicious man might suspect someone was knocking on the wall from the outside back in that spooky old house.

Thanks for your explanation of some of the beliefs of the Mormons of which I was unaware. That "many worlds" thing and "portals" seem tailor-made to set a person up for belief in supernatural events, and if it's a life-long belief system, especially one that's shared with all your co-workers, I can see how it would be very difficult to talk people out of.

(Just one note, although it's not a rabbit hole I care to delve deeply into, but in episode 4 you are finally shown videos of glowing "orbs". In the last couple of seconds of the second one, it looks as if you can actually SEE the cobwebs up at the top of the screen. Nobody comments upon it.)
Can you give us a screen shot?

Can you give us a screen shot?
Its when Greenstreet is finally shown their camera footage, the second of three portions. It's the clip starting at 34:50 in episode 4, and I'll admit I don't know how to cue it up to that position. A single screen shot wouldn't show it well, because it's the light glinting off several portions in succession (as the bug moved, it would appear) that caught my attention, so try watching it at 1/4 speed.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Kwv_p2Cww

doing that would legally be criminal, would it not? purposely injuring another person?
C'mon!

Good Television.

-The Poopy-Pants Skeptic has a dramatic inexplicable experience. He's embarrassed and proven to be a closed minded douchebag all at once. So good times.
-They hate him so it's good he's injured. It's called revenge.
-Why would these con artists care if something is illegal? Never will get caught. To top it off they're buddies with the State Attorney General. So what's the downside?

Last edited:
And that same suspicious man might suspect someone was knocking on the wall from the outside back in that spooky old house.
If I were a bat/rat/prairie dog/raccoon/coyote - or "chupacabra", for that matter - and had an abandoned building at my disposal, I'd have considered it a prime place to live, if only there were not these damned scientists bothering me in the night!

Here is the raw video file of these 2 objects in the carriage house. Can you maybe screencap the "cobwebs" you see?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbqan75d9qplup6/HS2-CHiv.20210922_082521_1 - CH lights Bird Interaction.mp4?dl=0

I'll also be releasing any/all raw Skinwalker stuff I have soon.

Here is the raw video file of these 2 objects in the carriage house. Can you maybe screencap the "cobwebs" you see?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbqan75d9qplup6/HS2-CHiv.20210922_082521_1 - CH lights Bird Interaction.mp4?dl=0

I'll also be releasing any/all raw Skinwalker stuff I have soon.
Thanks, but it wasn't the carriage house video i meant; it was the one just before that, just after your post about spider webs. it starts about 34:50 in episode 4. There was a single "orb" in which you commented about the time stamp and the fact that it was wintertime, and I don't recall if its location was specified. But there seemed to be a "sparkle" as the object moved, as if separate parts of a web were being tweaked in succession to catch the light.

We've had an extensive discussion here about the carriage house event. Its title is "Skinwalker ranch carriage house lights and bird on a sunny day", and immediately after these comments are links to that one and another several about the ranch under the heading "Similar threads". Worth a read, although I don't know if our "groupthink" offers any ideas you haven't already considered.

I don't think I've seen a bigger case of chasing windmills than Skinwalker Ranch. How anyone managed to write a host of books, produce numerous documentaries, even a 6 part docu-series, based on so little actual evidence is beyond me. Thousands of dollars worth of equipment captured....essentially nothing. Yet somehow we get a bunch of believers in portals, dinobeavers, UFOs, etc....99.999% of which manage to evade all that costly equipment.

I don't think I've seen a bigger case of chasing windmills than Skinwalker Ranch.

A good analogy, but even if many players come off as Quixotic:

Quixotism as a term or a quality appeared after the publication of Don Quixote in 1605. Don Quixote, the hero of this novel, written by Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, dreams up a romantic ideal world which he believes to be real, and acts on this idealism, which most famously leads him into imaginary fights with windmills that he regards as giants, leading to the related metaphor of "tilting at windmills".

Already in the 17th century the term quixote was used to describe a person who does not distinguish between reality and imagination. The poet John Cleveland wrote in 1644, in his book The character of a London diurnall:

The Quixotes of this Age fight with the Wind-mills of their own Heads.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quixotism#:~:text

It's only to an extent. Bigelow was a successful businessman, so he appears to have known when to pull the plug on NIDS and let it rest until he could get government funding for AASWAP. When that dried up, he sold to Fugel. Depending on how much he sold it for, he may have recouped what he spent on acquiring SWR and funding NIDS. His BAASS company made have also generated a bit of a prophet contracting for AAWSAP.

Fugel is also a successful businessman and after buying SWR, he knew how to market it with the Discovery Networks. So, they may be a bit Quixotic in their quests, but they're, if not making money, not losing much in those quests.

In keeping with the Cervantes analogies, I guess it leaves some of us as Sanchopancesco people (bold by me):
[
  1. (relational) of Sancho Panza (a character in the 1605 novel Don Quixote); Panza's
  2. Sancho Panza-esque; having the characteristics associated with the character, including lowbrow wit and cynical realism.
  1. https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sanchopancesco

Erm, you don't *chase* windmills, as they are inanimate objects. Having said that, quite why you'd joust them is equally unknown. ("tilt" is merely one of the possible translations, some might say a better literal one is simply "fight")

Also, "Panza" probabaly indicates having a paunch. Trust me, I'm an expert on such matters :) (And, yes, the mere fact that I have typed that sentence should make you trust me less.)

Back