Resource: airliner list by serial number

MikeC

Closed Account
this site lists every airliner by serial number, and for each it includes every registration that the a/c has ever had, all the owners and date of transfer to each owner - select an airliner type, then in the subsequent list select the "LN" (Line Number - the sequence they came out of the plant) to get the a/c's history.

for example many years ago I worked for a now defunct airline called Ansett New Zealand - they ran some very, very old 737-100's - I had thought they were among the first built so looked them up - and sure enough they are listed there and LN 2, 4 and 5!!!

this site lists every airliner by serial number, and for each it includes every registration that the a/c has ever had, all the owners and date of transfer to each owner - select an airliner type, then in the subsequent list select the "LN" (Line Number - the sequence they came out of the plant) to get the a/c's history.

for example many years ago I worked for a now defunct airline called Ansett New Zealand - they ran some very, very old 737-100's - I had thought they were among the first built so looked them up - and sure enough they are listed there and LN 2, 4 and 5!!!
Stored
Scrapped
Written Off

What does 'Stored' and 'Written Off' mean ?

Written off means damaged beyond repair - same as a car. If you google the last registration you might find an accident or incident record somewhere online that provides the details of what happened.

Stored means in the desert or similar

Back