Observations of West Hampton Dunes from Mastic Beach, Long Island

Rory

Closed Account
Here's an interesting video shot with a P900 from just 10 inches above the water:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p6mJHkA_sQ

He shows houses in Westhampton up to about six miles away, where the predicted hidden amount (standard refraction) is 13 feet. Nicest of all are deer grazing on a beach about 3.6 miles away, from 1:16.

Clearly, there's a little hidden, otherwise their snouts would be in the water. Predicted hidden amount at 3.6 miles is 3.3 feet.

The cameraman seems to think that he's shooting to the horizon 6 miles away, and that the beach the deer are on are in front of the houses, but this clearly isn't the case.

Observer: Mastic Beach, end of Jefferson Drive
Deer: Just east of Great Gun
Houses: Westhampton Dunes
The two houses at 6:50 here: 40.775061, -72.726202.

If anyone can identify the distinctive structure with the turret that's behind the deer, that would pinpoint their exact location.

In general, it's just a nice video that some may feel contradicts the globe model, but doesn't. I share it because it's quite a useful example of why the new flat earth 'explanation' of "upward refraction" isn't valid.

Last edited:
The horizon here actually is formed by the low island (Smith Point County Park). I think he might be mistaking that for the beach below the houses.
Metabunk 2019-03-18 11-02-41.jpg

It's such an interesting video to see how the P900 flattens everything out. I'm now thinking that the deer are a little closer than I originally said, about 2.25 miles from the camera (about here: 40.761011, -72.794410) which is actually west of Great Gun.

In his pan across it isn't easy to tell the distances, and I'm still curious about the distinctive turreted building at 1:36:

upload_2019-3-19_6-46-49.png

It looks like it should be easy to spot, given that it's taller than everything else, but I can't find it. :(

In his pan across it isn't easy to tell the distances, and I'm still curious about the distinctive turreted building at 1:36:

It looks like it should be easy to spot, given that it's taller than everything else, but I can't find it. :(

It's new construction, 921 Dune Rd, Westhampton Beach, NY
. This house:
Metabunk 2019-03-19 06-14-38.jpg

Has been replaced
Metabunk 2019-03-19 06-18-09.jpg

Back