Mick West on Joe Rogan Experience

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I just did the Joe Rogan Experience podcast, which is an interesting format, a three hour casual discussion of whatever springs to mind, with a loose focus on conspiracy theories and debunking. We ended up covering a very wide range of topics.

Last edited:
Mick... in case no one has taken time to thank you recently, I'll do it now. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this.

Ahh... you just got to skim Morgellon's right at the end. At least Joe was exposed to a bit of your views on it. Fun Show! Rogan is quite an intelligent guy.

Ahh... you just got to skim Morgellon's right at the end. At least Joe was exposed to a bit of your views on it. Fun Show! Rogan is quite an intelligent guy.

I listened to the last 2 hours of it, I suppose, from 7 to 9 EDT. Rogan has an inquisitive mind and he was entertaining and yes, did sound intelligent.

Mick, I hope you get to go back and talk about Morgellons (and I learned how to pronounce it! I thought it was a hard "g")

Hi, I just joined after listening to the podcast, Mick. I was struck that you appear to buy the official story on 9/11. Forgive me if I'm wrong. I appreciate your willingness to debunk chemtrails as I too feel that it's a lot of nonsense and it annoys me to no end that people go on about it. I also feel there are a lot of crazy conspiracies about many other things which you seem to debunk and I would agree with you. These silly conspiracy theories only make it more difficult to talk about real ones.

However, I also feel that any theories that go against the official story on 9/11 all get lumped together when I feel there are some that are far more credible than others. People who go on about missiles hitting the pentagon, actors at the Boston bombings, space aliens etc. should not be all lumped together with more credible 911 theories as I feel they often are. I do actually believe that 9/11 was created through covert operations and I do not buy the official story.

It seems to me - and I don't really expect you to admit to this - that you go around debunking things with the preconceived notion that the things you are debunking must be false. You accused certain conspiracy theorists of behaving like religious nuts because they can't get their head around certain facts and numbers and have already decided that their ideas are correct. However, I find it ironic that you think this since I actually see elements of this within yourself with regards to your own 'debunking' of 9/11.

Anyway, I won't ramble on longer. I just thought I would present a video of work by Ryan Dawson who I think has produced some of the best work on 911 and the wars that I know of. I don't think it has been discussed here before and I think that people would find it more compelling than space aliens and chemtrails! It's not the best produced video (he's not a film-maker, and he acknowledges this himself), but I feel the information is solid.

I can see Rogan, not being a stupid man but being aware of his own inadequacies, seeing the need for someone on his team who has a background and previous experience in debunking in general and certain subjects in specific. If Joe really wants to get to the bottom of complex subjects like the ones he pursues on his show, and I think he authentically does want that, he will realize that he can't possibly start from scratch and cover the ground. Enter Mick.

Last edited:
However, I also feel that any theories that go against the official story on 9/11 all get lumped together when I feel there are some that are far more credible than others. People who go on about missiles hitting the pentagon, actors at the Boston bombings, space aliens etc. should not be all lumped together with more credible 911 theories as I feel they often are. I do actually believe that 9/11 was created through covert operations and I do not buy the official story.

It seems to me - and I don't really expect you to admit to this - that you go around debunking things with the preconceived notion that the things you are debunking must be false. You accused certain conspiracy theorists of behaving like religious nuts because they can't get their head around certain facts and numbers and have already decided that their ideas are correct. However, I find it ironic that you think this since I actually see elements of this within yourself with regards to your own 'debunking' of 9/11.

Welcome Eddie. I'd agree with you on the first paragraph, but not the second.

I try very hard to just focus on claims of evidence, and not to draw broader conclusions. With 9/11 I've focussed mostly on the evidence for controlled demolition. Like I said on the show, people tend to jump from one thing to the next. What's really needed is a more rigorous look at each individual claim of evidence, so the same things don't get endlessly regurgitated.

If you think there are facts and numbers I can't get my head around (regarding controlled demolition), then I'd be happy to heard them.

As far as you 'not being able to get your head around facts and numbers', I didn't so much think that as i felt an unwillingness on your part to consider other evidence of why the 911 story is false, although i may be wrong about this. I can't believe that you have only looked at controlled demolition evidence and not looked at other evidence that goes against the official story. 9/11 was a crime scene and if you're going to simply look at the how the towers came down without looking at the why - the clear motives - then there is not much point really. And I even feel your focus on how the towers came down themselves is somewhat of a distraction as there is much other evidence. The video I posted goes into this in detail.

There was a great motive to create the event of 911. Without 911, I do not believe that the US and UK would have been able to go into all these wars and Israel especially benefited from having western powers essentially do their work for them. I actually feel there is evidence other than controlled demolition which is more compelling but I do not think that the mere impact of the planes took those towers down. It seems to me there were bombs in those buildings but that does not mean the towers were brought down by a traditional controlled demolition. Several eyewitnesses say that bombs or explosions were in the base of the towers even before the planes hit. I cannot believe that this was merely their confused minds. Many, many, people talk about huge explosions in the bases of the towers. Look at the evidence of Israeli involvement.

...You accused certain conspiracy theorists of behaving like religious nuts because they can't get their head around certain facts and numbers and have already decided that their ideas are correct. ....
Mick said CT's behave like religious nuts? That doesn't sound like him.

As far as you 'not being able to get your head around facts and numbers', I didn't so much think that as i felt an unwillingness on your part to consider other evidence of why the 911 story is false, although i may be wrong about this. I can't believe that you have only looked at controlled demolition evidence and not looked at other evidence that goes against the official story. 9/11 was a crime scene and if you're going to simply look at the how the towers came down without looking at the why - the clear motives - then there is not much point really. And I even feel your focus on how the towers came down themselves is somewhat of a distraction as there is much other evidence. The video I posted goes into this in detail.

There was a great motive to create the event of 911. Without 911, I do not believe that the US and UK would have been able to go into all these wars and Israel especially benefited from having western powers essentially do their work for them. I actually feel there is evidence other than controlled demolition which is more compelling but I do not think that the mere impact of the planes took those towers down. It seems to me there were bombs in those buildings but that does not mean the towers were brought down by a traditional controlled demolition. Several eyewitnesses say that bombs or explosions were in the base of the towers even before the planes hit. I cannot believe that this was merely their confused minds. Many, many, people talk about huge explosions in the bases of the towers. Look at the evidence of Israeli involvement.

So you think 9/11 happened so the US and the UK would join forces and do Israel's work for them? ANd you say you are struck that Mick "buys" the official 9/11 story? I can't believe you buy the one you made up. All those people were killed, all those buildings destroyed, thousands working together to bring this off, just so the US and UK have an excuse to join forces. Excuse me.... *cough. LOL.

yea well everyone believed the golf on Tonkin happened before they told us it didn't. the official story is a comic book

yea well everyone believed the golf on Tonkin happened before they told us it didn't. the official story is a comic book

What does the Gulf of Tonkin incident have to do with 9/11? You've posted quite a bit. How about some evidence to back up your claims?

the odds IF this was a conspiracy that there would be some damning evidence showing bush front to back planning this whole thing...common guys be realistic, i know im not presenting one piece of evidence but im just saying if your really going to get to the bottom of it you gotta be realistic. they control the release of news and information, the evidence would come from whistleblowers piecing together and strings of small circumstantial evidence proving the motive.

the odds IF this was a conspiracy that there would be some damning evidence showing bush front to back planning this whole thing...common guys be realistic, i know im not presenting one piece of evidence but im just saying if your really going to get to the bottom of it you gotta be realistic. they control the release of news and information, the evidence would come from whistleblowers piecing together and strings of small circumstantial evidence proving the motive.
There's your problem. Please review the posting policy. Metabunk is about evidence.

your arguments aren't really clear here guys, i first show just a random video which is interesting, then just said the golf of Tonkin thing, then you said what does that have to do with it, then i said patterns of behavior, then you ask for evidence.... and mick highlighting that i said one piece of evidence is just doing the same round and round thing, im stating that im not presenting one specific piece of evidence like tower 7 ect, but just stating that the motive seems to be there and there have been plenty of whistleblowers who say the same. not commenting on specific posts and then highlighting certain aspects of posts is doing exactly what you guys talked shit about on JRE...

your arguments aren't really clear here guys, i first show just a random video which is interesting, then just said the golf of Tonkin thing, then you said what does that have to do with it, then i said patterns of behavior, then you ask for evidence.... and mick highlighting that i said one piece of evidence is just doing the same round and round thing, im stating that im not presenting one specific piece of evidence like tower 7 ect, but just stating that the motive seems to be there and there have been plenty of whistleblowers who say the same. not commenting on specific posts and then highlighting certain aspects of posts is doing exactly what you guys talked shit about on JRE...
Check please...

I think you might not understand what is meant by a "specific piece of evidence." WTC 7 does not qualify as such.

But no one that was involved in misleading us about the Gulf of Tonkin was involved here. Not only that, but there had been an attack 2 days earlier. It was more us acting without getting all the evidence than something planned ahead of time.

Show us some evidence that 9/11 was done by insiders. If you believe the thermite theory then 1000's of pounds would have been needed, where are the purchase orders? Who was hired to place it? When and how was it placed?

No evidence of that. Having a motive is not evidence.

Quite a few F bombs . Takes away from the show IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Newsradio. A really great show, and Phil Hartman's last performance. Joe's character was the one who always believed the government was hiding proof of aliens.

Newsradio. A really great show, and Phil Hartman's last performance. Joe's character was the one who always believed the government was hiding proof of aliens.

I missed News Radio, I'd only just moved to the US, and never watched TV. Funny the other guest, Bryan Callen was also on it. Here they are together:

I would like to see Joe Rogan host a debate on chemtrails.
He seems to understand the conspiracy enough, plus does seem able to speak from both sides. He's a strong enough speaker to lead the responses away from any over-talking and arguing that often occurs.
If it happens live on his show, the studio situation removes any phone/skype delay problem often found on a typical call-in debate.

I would like to see Joe Rogan host a debate on chemtrails.
He seems to understand the conspiracy enough, plus does seem able to speak from both sides. He's a strong enough speaker to lead the responses away from any over-talking and arguing that often occurs.
If it happens live on his show, the studio situation removes any phone/skype delay problem often found on a typical call-in debate.

He actually asked Scott Stevens to be there, but Scott declined.

I would certainly be up for it, but I doubt there would be many takers in the chemtrail community, as they perceive both Joe and myself as government shills now.

Joe Rogan and Alex Jones are good friends. That's probably one of the reasons he's able to see the arguments from both sides.

Joe and his buddy seems not to like Obama too much ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did the Joe Rogan Experience podcast, which is an interesting format, a three hour casual discussion of whatever springs to mind, with a loose focus on conspiracy theories and debunking. We ended up covering a very wide range of topics.

Mick, do you know Joe Rogan used to be a truther before he worked for mainstream programing like SciFi right? He used to have small sponsors like 'Fleshlight' and 'Hallucinogenic Mind Expanding Supplements.' You do know that about him right?

Mick, do you know Joe Rogan used to be a truther before he worked for mainstream programing like SciFi right? He used to have small sponsors like 'Fleshlight' and 'Hallucinogenic Mind Expanding Supplements.' You do know that about him right?

Of course. Everyone knows about him, he's a public figure. His past is open. He has nothing to hide. He's much less conspiratorial minded now because he's smart, and he's been exposed to a lot of information. He's also older and wiser than he was.

His podcast is not mainstream though. Even SyFY is not that mainstream. The most mainstream thing he did was the five years (146 episodes) of Fear Factor on NBC from 2001 to 2006 (and the later reboot). So if anything, he was part of the corporate machine back in his most "truther" days. Here's a 2001 episode.

Back