Lights in the Sky Over Middletown, Ohio

So far my prime suspect is searchlights from the Middletown Land of Illusion Adventure Park.

Last edited:
Similar lights in Texas.

We should look for a brand of searchlight, or perhaps advertising lasers, that produce this kind of display.

Last edited:
So far my prime suspect is searchlights from the Middletown Land of Illusion Adventure Park.
I've been to Land of Illusion many times with both my daughter and granddaughter. It's only about 15 miles from my daughter's. It was initially a Halloween haunted attraction that has expanded significantly over the years.

I remember searchlights during Halloween, but don't know about other times of the year. I just checked their website, they closed at 5pm yesterday. I suppose they could have been testing lights.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they'll fess up to testing lights last night.

If they closed up that early I think we should bump them down from prime suspect. There are plenty of other reasons to use advertising searchlights or lasers.

Last edited:
I've been to Land of Illusion many times with both my daughter and granddaughter. It's only about 15 miles from my daughter's. It was initially a Halloween haunted attraction that has expanded significantly over the years.

I remember searchlights during Halloween, but don't know about other times of the year. I just checked their website, they closed at 5pm yesterday. I suppose they could have been testing lights.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they'll fess up to testing lights last night.
Called "Land of Illusion," calls are directed to a voice mailbox and it's full. I'll see if I can find an email for them later today when I have more time.

Don't bother. This seems to be a hoax. Did EllieMarieTV pull another hoax, or did someone else imitate the original hoax? Experts in Zoomer social media will find the details, not us. So might as well just sit back and watch.

Last edited:
Back