Las Vegas Massacre - Surveillance Footage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the big problem that confronts the conspiracy theorist all the time. CCTV cameras and security guards everywhere? = Big Brother is watching you therefore conspiracy. No CCTV footage showing anything suspicious or providing smoking guns? = cover up therefore conspiracy.

Its a bitter sweet duality in which everything just confirms their bias.

Exactly, you see the same kind of duality in the alt-med crowd, no matter what happens after the client takes the nostrum, it's seen as proof that the procedure worked.

Getting back to the topic at hand, the conspiracy theorists as after Sandy Hook have started to target the victims of the shooting with the usual mix of threats and claims that they are just actors paid to pretend to be injured.

Braden Matejka survived a bullet to the head in the Las Vegas massacre. Then, the death threats started coming.

“You are a lying piece of s**t and I hope someone truly shoots you in the head,” a commenter wrote to Matejka on Facebook, one week after a gunman killed 58 people and injured hundreds more. “Your soul is disgusting and dark! You will pay for the consequences!” said another. A Facebook meme quickly spread with a photo of him after the shooting, captioned: “I’m a lying ****!”
Content from External Source
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/worl...ts-harass-vegas-victims/ar-AAu6eK7?li=AAgfLCP

Exactly, you see the same kind of duality in the alt-med crowd, no matter what happens after the client takes the nostrum, it's seen as proof that the procedure worked.

Getting back to the topic at hand, the conspiracy theorists as after Sandy Hook have started to target the victims of the shooting with the usual mix of threats and claims that they are just actors paid to pretend to be injured.

Braden Matejka survived a bullet to the head in the Las Vegas massacre. Then, the death threats started coming.

“You are a lying piece of s**t and I hope someone truly shoots you in the head,” a commenter wrote to Matejka on Facebook, one week after a gunman killed 58 people and injured hundreds more. “Your soul is disgusting and dark! You will pay for the consequences!” said another. A Facebook meme quickly spread with a photo of him after the shooting, captioned: “I’m a lying ****!”
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/worl...ts-harass-vegas-victims/ar-AAu6eK7?li=AAgfLCP

The guy never got shot in the head or survived a a bullet to the head ..thats a complete lie and the death threats arent proved either ..who were they from .?
and after 4 weeks there is no video of the supposed shooter anywhere near the hotel ..

this is the guy who got shot in the head ..2 days later ..not mark no stitches and his hair not even cut to get at the wound ? ya sure this is a lie

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 1.24.20 PM.png

and after 4 weeks there is no video of the supposed shooter anywhere near the hotel ..

Why do you continue to ignore posts that point out that this is an ongoing investigation? Police don't release every bit of evidence to the general public just because some people demand to see it (and then in this case, likely attempt to discredit it to continue the 'false flag' narrative). There's reasons they wont release it, mostly due to the rules of evidence/chain of evidence and disclosure. This is the same with every case though, but especially murder. I'm not even sure why you think you're entitled to it, as if the rules of evidence don't apply to a very public, very obvious mass murder?

If you're interested in seeing video, go check Live Leak - there's plenty of video on there of the multiple victims laying around in agony and literally dying of their wounds (closeups too, if you wish, you can check them against the 'known crisis actors').

Further to that, there's stills of the shooter dead in his hotel room, with guns laying all about. Doesn't show them being brought in, but it will show that they got there somehow.

In addition to surveillance footage, 911 calls are also not being released.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...o-court-to-obtain-las-vegas-shooting-records/

Quoting from the Las Vegas Review Journal article above,

"The Review-Journal submitted a petition Friday in Clark County District Court seeking 911 recordings and logs of the emergency calls the night of the shooting. More than a month after the newspaper asked for the public records, Las Vegas police have declined to turn them over, the petition says.

“The Review-Journal requested documents on Oct. 2 and we have received little to no response,” Keith Moyer, Review-Journal editor-in-chief, said Friday. “Other media outlets across the United States have encountered the same outcome and share the Review-Journal’s concern about what amounts to an information shutdown — thus these actions, in an effort to help the public understand more about this historically horrible event.”

Sheriff Joe Lombardo cannot lament the large number of conspiracy theories regarding this shooting while simultaneously holding back information that is normally public record. You can't have it both ways.

As others in this thread have mentioned, the reason we have absolutely no record (i.e. CCTV footage) of Stephen Paddock anywhere is (most likely) because of the mountain of lawsuits pending.

But not releasing the 911 tapes is just weird. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 911 calls are normally public record.

If the authorities are going to withhold public records from the public, then I would think the public deserves a reason why.

But not releasing the 911 tapes is just weird.

No it isn't. NY refused to release 9/11 tapes until the court forced them. Connecticut refused to release Sandy Hook tapes until the court made them.
Law enforcement seems more concerned with not re-traumatizing victims than media outlets that only want a splashy story to sell newspapers to oglers who want to drool over horror stories.

New York City cited privacy concerns in its refusal to release the 911 tapes from the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. After the New York Timesand families of Sept. 11 victims sued, the New York State Court of Appeals ruled the city had to make the tapes available but allowed callers' voices to be removed. (Only the 911 operators can be heard.) Unedited tapes were provided to the families of the callers.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2010/08/this_call_may_be_recorded_and_distributed.html

Audio recordings of 911 calls released Wednesday -- nearly one year after the second-deadliest shooting in U.S. history -- offered a glimpse into the horror that day last December at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Last week, Connecticut Superior Court Judge Eliot Prescott upheld the Connecticut Freedom of Information Commission's ruling to release calls related to the shooting.

A state attorney had tried to block the release to shield the victims' families; the Associated Press had challenged authorities' refusal to release the 911 tapes

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/04/us/newtown-911-calls/index.html

If it's not true, then it's terribly inconsistent.

FBI released the 911 call from the Orlando shooter only a few weeks after the incident.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/20/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/index.html
The FBI on Monday afternoon released a full transcript of the 911 call Orlando Pulse nightclub shooter Omar Mateen made during his June 12 rampage inside the club, following pressure from news organizations and public officials
911 tapes from the 2015 San Bernadino mass shooting were released less than two weeks after the incident
That was made clear on emergency dispatch calls that were published on a local news media website on Thursday.
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/us...rom-san-bernardino-shooting-massacre-released

911 tapes from the shooting this year at the elementary school, also in San Bernadino, were released little more than a week after the incident.
The San Bernardino Police Department on Friday released two harrowing 911 tapes of the frantic moments after a gunman entered a special education classroom this week
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...ernardino-school-shooting-20170414-story.html

I could go on. The point is that, while you cite two specific instances where 911 calls are withheld, the majority of 911 calls that are released seem to be released within a short time after the event.

Again, my point is that there appears to be a concerted effort by the authorities to suppress this information.

From a different article:

http://news3lv.com/news/las-vegas-m...olice-for-public-records-in-route-91-shooting

"The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department is being sued by seven news organizations after refusing to release public records related to the Route 91 concert shooting.

Despite repeated requests from News 3, and other media, police and county officials have refused to produce a log of 911 calls, recordings of 911 calls, preliminary autopsy records from the Clark County coroner, and security camera video obtained during the course of the investigation."

These aren't your traditional conspiracy theorists, these are legitimate news organizations who are pushing back against what the Las Vegas Review Journal calls the "information shutdown" by the authorities.

Why? What does it benefit LV Metro to withhold this?

Last edited by a moderator:
then it's terribly inconsistent.

I added article excerpts to your post above as per MB policy
https://www.metabunk.org/metabunks-no-click-policy.t5158/

Perhaps you should read them more carefully. In Connecticut they didn't have to 'release' emergency dispatch calls because the police scanner people had uploaded recordings of the police scanners for the whole event.

And your Orlando link says only a transcript of the shooters call was released.

Again, my point is that there appears to be a concerted effort by the authorities to suppress this information.
Good. Listening to people screaming and crying isn't really any of your business.

these are legitimate news organizations who are pushing back against what the Las Vegas Review Journal calls the "information shutdown" by the authorities
yea because they want click bait articles. so?

Why? What does it benefit LV Metro to withhold this?
is LV Metro in charge of them now? I don't know how Nevada works.. in Connecticut our State Police had jurisdiction. There are many articles covering public domain of 911 call debates and legislation by different states that explain the reasons why. Google it.

The public airing of 911 calls has long been a contentious subject, as they reveal the raw emotion, fear and sadness that inherently come with any tragedy. Some feel that public release of 911 calls is necessary, giving the public the full scope of a given tragedy or story. But others feel that those calls are private, revealing too much about the inner workings of a given event.
https://www.law.com/insidecounsel/2...vary-wildly-by-state/?slreturn=20171117025910

That was made clear on emergency dispatch calls that were published on a local news media website on Thursday.
Content from external source​
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/us...rom-san-bernardino-shooting-massacre-released

see.. dispatch tapes from LV are available.
A nearly 90-minute police radio compilation from Sunday night’s shooting showcases the chaos and fear permeating the scene as police struggled to locate the shooter and medics struggled to treat the never-ending flow of victims http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/...o-traffic-recordings-from-las-vegas-shooting/
and columbine (green text for highlight):
The following is taken directly from the FBI Report, which was marked by the FBI as Classified material on 07-16-99. It was Declassified on 01-15-02, with the redacted Columbine Documents released to the public in 2006. Misspellings are as they appear in the original report.

F.B.I. report excerpt about the Library 911 call:
"On April 20, 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold shot and killed twelve students and one teacher at Columbine High School Littleton, Colorado. During the incident, teacher Patty Nielson placed a call to 911 Emergency. Neilson was in the library when she placed the call. The 911 operator answered the call stating "911" at 11:27:47 a.m. The phone call lasted 26 minutes. During the call, noises including gunshots, explosions, screaming, and yelling can be heard. The initial backround noises heard come from the hallway just outside of the library. Four minutes and ten seconds into the call, Harris and Klebold entered the Library and begin shooting. They left the Library eleven minutes and forty-five minutes into the call. The remaining gunshots and explosions heard on the tape occur in the Cafeteria, Science classroom area or the hallways of the school."

The audio clip from the library 911 call cuts off right after the shooters enter the library. If you listen closely you can hear their voices in the background, toward the end of the clip. Refer to the transcript to see what they are saying as it's difficult to understand on the recording.

FAQ - At the time of this posting, the audio clip from Patti's phone call hosted here is the longest clip publicly available. While a longer copy does exist, it has never been released to the public and likely won't be due to the fact that people were being killed while the dispatcher was still recording the call.

http://www.acolumbinesite.com/911/

see.. dispatch tapes from LV are available.
A nearly 90-minute police radio compilation from Sunday night’s shooting showcases the chaos and fear permeating the scene as police struggled to locate the shooter and medics struggled to treat the never-ending flow of victims http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/...o-traffic-recordings-from-las-vegas-shooting/
and columbine (green text for highlight):
The following is taken directly from the FBI Report, which was marked by the FBI as Classified material on 07-16-99. It was Declassified on 01-15-02, with the redacted Columbine Documents released to the public in 2006. Misspellings are as they appear in the original report.

F.B.I. report excerpt about the Library 911 call:
"On April 20, 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold shot and killed twelve students and one teacher at Columbine High School Littleton, Colorado. During the incident, teacher Patty Nielson placed a call to 911 Emergency. Neilson was in the library when she placed the call. The 911 operator answered the call stating "911" at 11:27:47 a.m. The phone call lasted 26 minutes. During the call, noises including gunshots, explosions, screaming, and yelling can be heard. The initial backround noises heard come from the hallway just outside of the library. Four minutes and ten seconds into the call, Harris and Klebold entered the Library and begin shooting. They left the Library eleven minutes and forty-five minutes into the call. The remaining gunshots and explosions heard on the tape occur in the Cafeteria, Science classroom area or the hallways of the school."

The audio clip from the library 911 call cuts off right after the shooters enter the library. If you listen closely you can hear their voices in the background, toward the end of the clip. Refer to the transcript to see what they are saying as it's difficult to understand on the recording.

FAQ - At the time of this posting, the audio clip from Patti's phone call hosted here is the longest clip publicly available. While a longer copy does exist, it has never been released to the public and likely won't be due to the fact that people were being killed while the dispatcher was still recording the call.

http://www.acolumbinesite.com/911/

Why do conspiracy theorists think the police always are obliged to release surveillance footage, or police radio audio/transcripts? Do they actually think the job of the police is to answer the "questions" of the conspiracy theorists? Surely an ongoing investigation and possibly withholding data from the public as its realise may hamper the investigation is more important than satisfying the paranoid curiosity of the conspiracy theorists.

Why do conspiracy theorists think the police always are obliged to release surveillance footage, or police radio audio/transcripts?
They don't, not really. even when stuff is released CTs will come up with more questions or pick apart what was released. I think they just say that stuff so they can 'cast doubt' on the 'official story', but like I said they will find some way to imply doubt no matter what.

They don't, not really. even when stuff is released CTs will come up with more questions or pick apart what was released. I think they just say that stuff so they can 'cast doubt' on the 'official story', but like I said they will find some way to imply doubt no matter what.

True
They will point to a slight distortion and claim the footage is doctored or claim the whole video is staged using crisis actors because somebody on the footage has vaguely the same hairstyle and hair colour as somebody involved in another event.

Having been an avid CTist who believed that nothing was as it seemed, there was literally no way to satisfy my paranoia. Since there are always anomalies and inconsistencies in the “official story” (which is actually quite necessarily fluid as facts are analyzed and the investigation matures), as you said, to the true believer it really doesn’t matter what is and is not released. Nothing satisfies a truther but that which corroborates their narrative.

So if every last piece of evidence was released, and if anything didn’t fit into the neat, tidy CT, it will be presumed that it was doctored. And it will be further argued that the authorities are still withholding important pieces of the puzzle.

I was reviewing the comments under a recent Sandy Hook debunking video and the majority of those who replied still believe that the whole thing was a hoax (even after the video resoundingly debunked most of the video claims. So, unfortunately there really is no way to reason with a true believer. All skeptics/debunkers are either viewed as shills or covert disinformation agents. Alex Jones trains his armies well.

I just want to repeat what I said above, it's The Las Vegas Review-Journal and several other legitimate news organizations who are asking for the 911 tapes to be released. These aren't the usual conspiracy theorists, or the Infowars.com crowd.

Again, from this article about the Reveiw-Journal is going to court demanding these records being released

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...o-court-to-obtain-las-vegas-shooting-records/

“The Review-Journal requested documents on Oct. 2 and we have received little to no response,” Keith Moyer, Review-Journal editor-in-chief, said Friday. “Other media outlets across the United States have encountered the same outcome and share the Review-Journal’s concern about what amounts to an information shutdown — thus these actions, in an effort to help the public understand more about this historically horrible event.”
The RJ calls what is happening right now an "information shutdown".

Again, as I said above, you cannot lament the large number of conspiracy theories regarding this shooting while simultaneously holding back information that is normally public record. You can't have it both ways. It's not about satisfying the curiosity of conspiracy theorists, or about the medial solely concerned about creating more click-bait articles.

There has been so much fluctuation and revision of the shooting timeline, from both the authorities and MGM Grand, it's no wonder people are questioning the official narrative in this case.

you cannot lament the large number of conspiracy theories regarding this shooting while simultaneously holding back information that is normally public record.
bunk. no offense, but the Boston bombing was live TV and recorded by dozens of non-media people as well.. but the CTs were still flying immediately.

and you gave me ONE example of 911 tapes being released. (from 2 people... how many in the SB school shooting actually called 911? only 2? ) So.. I gave you 3 of them not being released, and you provided another 2. so your definition of "normal" obviously differs from mine.

As others in this thread have mentioned, the reason we have absolutely no record (i.e. CCTV footage) of Stephen Paddock anywhere is (most likely) because of the mountain of lawsuits pending.

Or alternately, there's a mountain of data (CCTV) that needs to be sifted through and checked for evidence purposes, things that need to be confirmed as part of a thorough investigation into one of the worlds biggest mass shooting events. I'd hate to be the person, or team of people, that needs to sift through days worth of footage over multiple cameras in order to determine the timeline of events. Remember, it's not just the actual shooting itself, but all the people he may have had contact with during his stay, where he went, what he did inside the hotel. That would take a lot of man hours to complete...

..THEN they need to determine what is suitable for wide scale release to the media and so forth, i.e. not infringing on some part of the investigation.

I just want to repeat what I said above, it's The Las Vegas Review-Journal and several other legitimate news organizations who are asking for the 911 tapes to be released. These aren't the usual conspiracy theorists, or the Infowars.com crowd.

So? 'Legitimate news agencies' will petition for whatever will sell stories at the time. It's because in their line of work, that sort of footage makes them ratings and money. That's not really a barometer for legitimacy or integrity.

..not to mention, aren't these the same "Mainstream Media" sources which are usually doubted so much in CT circles for presenting lies?

Again, as I said above, you cannot lament the large number of conspiracy theories regarding this shooting while simultaneously holding back information that is normally public record.

Perhaps you could look into the state laws and determine for yourself if it is actually public record, then cross reference that information with any court-filed suppression requests relating to the release and find your own answer to these questions, as opposed to asking everyone else to provide the answers for you and then claiming "it's weird". If you must question why authorities are doing something (or not), then at least do your own leg work first and present your findings. You may just find that what 'the public' want to know vs what they're entitled to know are two different things.

To be honest, there are a lot of moving parts in an investigation that may technically be disclosable to the public, but are also suppressed for valid reasons.

Let me pose another question - why are you, or anyone else not involved in the investigation, automatically entitled to evidence in a mass murder case? If your answer is simply "because I want to know" then that's not going to cut it.

Can you think of reasons that this information needs to be shared with the public?

Can you think of reasons that this information needs to be shared with the public?

Because it's the largest, deadliest mass shooting in modern US history. What part of that is difficult to understand?

No, seriously, you are going to have to help me here. Why would you not demand answers to the extensive and diverse number of questions that continue to hang over largest, deadliest mass shooting in modern US history?

And, according to the most recent statement by the FBI, a full report will be released by next October.

From this interview of Special Agent in Charge Aaron Rouse by the Las Vegas Review Journal

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...n-las-vegas-shooting-expected-by-anniversary/

The chief of the FBI’s Las Vegas office said he expects the agency to release a report on the Oct. 1 massacre before the tragedy’s first anniversary.

“Now that’s a long time for some people, but speaking for the FBI, that’s light speed, all right?” Special Agent in Charge Aaron Rouse said.

No, seriously, you are going to have to help me here. Why would you not demand answers to the extensive and diverse number of questions that continue to hang over largest, deadliest mass shooting in modern US history?

I'm going to just wait for the report. Sure I'm really interested in the report, but I don't see the point in releasing bits and pieces just to satisfy everyone's curiosity.

What exactly is the public benefit of early release of information? Being really interesting isn't a compelling reason.

Or alternately, there's a mountain of data (CCTV) that needs to be sifted through and checked for evidence purposes,

all the people he may have had contact with during his stay, where he went, what he did inside the hotel.

...you cannot lament the large number of conspiracy theories regarding this shooting while simultaneously holding back information...

Suppose someone gave the shooter material assistance. And that--at this time--investigators have little or no
evidence on who that might be...just that whoever helped commit that atrocious crime, was still on the streets.

So, you wouldn't just be looking at all those tapes for glimpses of the shooter...or even merely everyone
the shooter was seen having contact with. You wouldn't know what you were looking for. So you'd watch
and watch and watch, and cross-check, and look for anything that might help help you identify a co-conspirator.
Someone who would've been wise to not have direct contact with Paddock at that time.

As deirdre pointed out in post 96, the notion that law enforcement is somehow to blame for CTs
--merely for moving an investigation at a cautious, deliberate pace--is absurd.
They can make up a CT from whole cloth...and often do.

My seat-of-the-pants guess is that Paddock acted alone.
But if he didn't, we shouldn't jeopardize an investigation just because some folks mysteriously assume
they have a right to all the evidence sooner than later.
I really gain nothing significant by seeing this evidence quickly.
But then, I'm not trying to make money on 'false flag' videos.

Ok, you want help to further understand that - Quite simply put those answers are being given, but apparently you just don't want to believe what you've been told, and are now demanding to see things you're not entitled to until the completion of the investigation. D

Conversely, can you help me understand why you think you should be allowed to compromise an investigation that you're not trained to handle?

The New York Times has published a compilation of security-camera footage showing how Paddock prepared for the attack:

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000005794914/las-vegas-gunman-planned-massacre.html

Associated article:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/...o-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Sometimes we see him as other hotel guests would have seen him: as the tall gambler intent on the video poker machine across the casino floor, or as the customer standing in line in front of you at the gift shop, buying snacks, or as the guy you briefly glance at as he waits for you to get off the elevator — polite, unhurried, unmemorable.

Sometimes we see him as the employees would have seen him, as the casually dressed V.I.P. with the many suitcases who jokes with bellhops, chats with valets and gives out tips along with handshakes. And sometimes we see him as only the surveillance cameras saw him — riding the elevator alone.

Within a few days, he would use the arsenal he had moved upstairs in those suitcases to shoot and kill 58 people from his 32nd-floor suite at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.

These were Stephen Paddock’s final movements in the days before he opened fire from his hotel suite on Oct. 1: an apparently relaxed solo vacation that, as surveillance footage obtained exclusively by The New York Times from MGM Resorts makes clear, was actually the methodically planned prelude to a massacre.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/us/las-vegas-shooting-stephen-paddock.html

Last edited by a moderator:
People were wondering, some incredulous, has to how he got all his guns to his room...(from :27 mark)

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 9.18.58 AM.png

People were wondering, some incredulous, has to how he got all his guns to his room...(from :27 mark)

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 9.18.58 AM.png

"In suitcases" is exactly what was said from the start. The people wondering have obviously never been to a large Vegas hotel. There was nothing difficult or even particularly complicated about how he did it.

I don't think that many people ever questioned how the guns got in the room.

In fact, we already knew that Paddock used the service elevators because Steve Wynn threw Mandalay Bay under the bus during a Fox News interview with Chris Wallace immediately after the shooting:

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2017/10/08/steve-wynn-on-future-security-in-las-vegas.html

WALLACE: I understand that Stephen Paddock had gambled and stayed at your properties along with a lot of other places along the Strip. I know you talked to your security team afterwards.

Looking back, after talking to all of them, how much of a profile did you have on him? And was there anything in that profile that should have raise a red flag?

WYNN: It's an interesting question. He's been staying in Las Vegas since '06. So, you know, we're talking about 11 years, with his girlfriend or at least in recent years. Frequent visitor, once or twice a month to this hotel and others.

The most vanilla profile one could possibly imagine. A modest gambler at least by our standards, you know, nothing serious, paid promptly, never owed any money anywhere in Las Vegas. He didn't fit the profile of a problem or a compulsive gambler.

What was -- if there was anything interesting that we discovered in the years of service and we have butlers and waiters and masseuses and the people in the beauty shop that know this woman and this man completely. They talk about normal mundane things. But if there's anything interesting that stood out over the six years, nobody that's ever worked here have ever seen the gentleman or the lady take a drink of wine, beer or alcohol of any kind.

Now, a lot of people don't drink. But considering their frequency of all the restaurants, and their behavior as normal tourist taking advantage of everything that's available in our resort, they never ever imbibed in any liquor. Their behavior was conservative, private, understated in every way. You never ever would stop a man like this coming in, you know, in the building.

However, nobody in this company's history, no public person has ever walked in the service elevator unless they were accompanied by a security. That wouldn't happen. Secondly --

WALLACE: Did he go on a service elevator, Steve?

WYNN: I'm just saying anything like that. I'm not sure whether he did, but nobody ever goes in the back of the house unaccompanied by security.

But another thing, being in a room for three days in a "do not disturb" situation, that would have triggered an alarm here, and would have considered -- what have been considered as a potentially dangerous thing from the guest's point of view that maybe the person was ill. And we would want to inspect and see that they were safe. We go into their room. We'd want to know more about anybody who was sequestered in a room for more than 12 hours. That would be -- that would be something that would -- our people have been trained too look out for.
Emphasis mine.

Steve Wynn threw Mandalay Bay under the bus

Steve Wynn is not involved with Mandalay Bay.

and his rich man opinion on daily casino operations is questionable, considering he thinks they disturb guests who are in a room for more than 12 hours. And if anyone ever entered my room after 3 days of a do not disturb sign on my door, without just calling me, I'd sue.

and his rich man opinion on daily casino operations is questionable, considering he thinks they disturb guests who are in a room for more than 12 hours. And if anyone ever entered my room after 3 days of a do not disturb sign on my door, without just calling me, I'd sue.

Agreed. He's clearly out of touch with what actually happens. If you keep the sign on the door they (sometimes) phone your room after 12 or 24to ask if you need housekeeping. The NYT piece says he declined housekeeping. I've been in a hotel room for several days without housekeeping. You can ask for this when you check in if you don't want to be disturbed for a few days.

You can ask for this when you check in if you don't want to be disturbed for a few days.
I would think a lot of people skip housekeeping.. other to hand them your garbage and towels/sheets every 3 or 4 days. I skip it because their jobs suck enough without cleaning up after me constantly, but if people have electronics/money/ jewelry etc they wouldn't want housekeeping coming in unattended I'm sure.

And how would they know if I was 'sequestered' for 3 days? Kinda creepy to think Wynn Hotels has security teams logging every time a guest walks in or out of their room.

and his rich man opinion on daily casino operations is questionable

I don't mean this as being disrespectful, but do you even know who Steve Wynn is? He basically helped build the modern day Las Vegas. If anyone in that city knows about the daily casino operations, of any casino, it would be Steve Wynn.

The topic of this thread is about the lack of surveillance footage of Stephen Paddock. The fact that Steve Wynn knew about Paddock's movements only days after the shooting when no footage was released is relevant.

It points, again, to people covering up the actions of Stephen Paddock in the days and hours before the shooting.

And how would they know if I was 'sequestered' for 3 days? Kinda creepy to think Wynn Hotels has security teams logging every time a guest walks in or out of their room.

It's not just Wynn Hotels, I'm sure every Strip hotel has a record of when people use your room key to enter or leave a room.

I don't mean this as being disrespectful, but do you even know who Steve Wynn is? He basically helped build the modern day Las Vegas. If anyone in that city knows about the daily casino operations, of any casino, it would be Steve Wynn.
However, he was wrong about the "do not disturb" situation, hence he does not know everything about everything in every casino.

And we have the surveillance footage now, so I'm not sure what there is left to discuss in this thread that's important.

And we have the surveillance footage now

Just to be clear, we have a few minutes of edited footage that was handed over to the New York Times by unknown sources.

Do we know how the Times received the footage? Was it the Mandalay Bay, the FBI, Las Vegas Metro, or someone else?

Did they pay for the tape? I don't believe the article states how the Times came by the tape.

Was it already edited, or did the Times receive more video and did their own edit for release?

Why are some of the clips on the video missing timestamps? Was it because the video was altered, or was it just that they had zoomed in to focus on Paddock, or maybe the camera didn't record time/date info?

Why is there no footage from the 10 hours directly before the shooting itself?

Don't get me wrong, it is important that something was released, but I'm still keeping my critical thinking cap on.

Just to be clear, we have a few minutes of edited footage that was handed over to the New York Times by unknown sources.

Do we know how the Times received the footage? Was it the Mandalay Bay, the FBI, Las Vegas Metro, or someone else?

Did they pay for the tape? I don't believe the article states how the Times came by the tape.

Was it already edited, or did the Times receive more video and did their own edit for release?

Why are some of the clips on the video missing timestamps? Was it because the video was altered, or was it just that they had zoomed in to focus on Paddock, or maybe the camera didn't record time/date info?

Why is there no footage from the 10 hours directly before the shooting itself?

Don't get me wrong, it is important that something was released, but I'm still keeping my critical thinking cap on.

The NYTimes states very clearly that it received the video from MGM Resorts:

Using exclusive surveillance footage obtained from MGM Resorts, we pieced together the last days of Stephen Paddock, the Las Vegas gunman.
(https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/us/las-vegas-shooting-stephen-paddock.html)

The video is obviously edited to the extent that it only purports to show times Paddock was caught on film (and, in cases where he was just eating or gambling in public areas, they obviously didn't show the entirety of such occurrences). No footage from the 10 hours before the shooting was included because he stayed in his room that whole time and was not caught on film.

I'm leaning towards closing this thread, as it seems like the original question have been answered.

Why is this nit-picking scrutiny of the way surveillance footage released important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back