Italian chemtrail champion, Mr Marcianò aka TankerEnemy

cmnit

A very active Italian chemtrail "theorist" and activist is Rosario Marcianò, know online as TankerEnemy.
He has a Facebook page, a YouTube channel and a Twitter account with this name.
His site tankerenemy.com hosts a forum with comments from registered guests only (due to heavy flame wars with debunkers in the past) and has an English mirror (tankerenemy.blogspot.it).

Some of the raw material comes from external sources, US or otherwise, with translations of "classics" such as Clifford Carnicom for example, but lots of photos, videos, flight altitude "measurements", flight traffic "investigations" are locally produced in Italy by chemtrail enthusiasts linked to TankerEnemy.

I hope to have the time to report here some of the original stuff.

Rico

Senior Member.
Ah yes, TankerEnemy is quite well known here as some of his stuff has been explored before.

In any case, welcome!

cmnit

The guy lives in the nice town of Sanremo, Liguria (close to Genoa to the East, French Riviera to the West). Home of an (in)famous TV song contest.

His last mumble jumble involves the "measurement" of contrail temperature using an IR thermocamera device, FLIR E8 series. One of his followers, "Ferro809", took the original video. Then he produced a blog post (in Italian) last Aug 8th.

Needless to say, he was debunked twice (here and here, sorry for the Italian), but he keeps going ...

In essence, IR thermocameras measure the temperature by means of IR emissivity which must be converted appropriately under several assumptions and calibrations. This specific model is designed to be used for solid bodies distant a few meters. The "measurements" are a weighted integral of the temperature of an air column impinging on the device, mostly coming from the air nearby since emission is way larger for it.

BTW, the FLIR manual is a concise but very informative intro on the history and principles of thermography.

cmnit

Of course not! "Ferro809" simply pointed the camera from the ground to the sky above :)
Furthermore, they confuse the in-device laser ranging with the ranging capability of the Temp reading ...

cmnit

Breaking news: Tanker Enemy "Committee" announced the availability of "the first Italian professional video on chemtrails and covert geoengineering".
It is delivered either as a full HD DVD or as a YouTube video.
Titled "Chemtrails: The Secret War", YT link here:

http://www.donotlink.com/baer

It is approx 1 hour long, I still have to watch it so that I can summarize the content here.

Last edited:

WeedWhacker

I still have to watch it so that I can summarize the content here.

Looking forward to it.

I'm predicting more of the "same-ole, same-ole" from "TankerEnemy" though. Already de-bunked pablum.

Perhaps Mr. Marciano's "donations" at his website have dwindled, and he is trying to "pump up" business?

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
Remember we should try to just look at his claims with facts and analysis and keep our personal impressions out of it. Ridicule creeps in easily and shifts focus off the facts.

cmnit

I'm so sorry for my previous message. I should have substantiated my assertions with factual proofs.
In this specific case, I could produce some hints regarding this using evidence accumulated by other Italian people, but it would take a while and it would not be appropriate or useful anyway, since this forum is focused on specific claims not name-calling - which is great in my opinion.

cmnit

I came across a post (both in Italian and in English) by TankerEnemy allegedly describing a fraud regarding the old meteorology book "Clouds of the world" put together by Mick West on contrailscience.com:
http://tankerenemy.blogspot.com/2009/01/contrailsciencecom-fake-books.html

Since it is an old post (2009) maybe it has been already discussed here, maybe not.
Honestly I guess this is a weird move from TankerEnemy group, but I would love to hear your comments here.

J

Joe

I came across a post (both in Italian and in English) by TankerEnemy allegedly describing a fraud regarding the old meteorology book "Clouds of the world" put together by Mick West on contrailscience.com:
http://tankerenemy.blogspot.com/2009/01/contrailsciencecom-fake-books.html

Since it is an old post (2009) maybe it has been already discussed here, maybe not.
Honestly I guess this is a weird move from TankerEnemy group, but I would love to hear your comments here.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...dy-of-70-years-of-books-on-clouds.3201/page-2 covered already .POST #57

WeedWhacker

by TankerEnemy allegedly describing a fraud regarding the old meteorology book

Yes, a typical modus operandi of all the "chem"trail frauds and hoax pushers whenever actual evidence is presented to them that disputes and disproves their claims.

cmnit

His last mumble jumble involves the "measurement" of contrail temperature using an IR thermocamera device, FLIR E8 series. One of his followers, "Ferro809", took the original video. Then he produced a blog post (in Italian) last Aug 8th.

Needless to say, he was debunked twice (here and here, sorry for the Italian), but he keeps going ...

In essence, IR thermocameras measure the temperature by means of IR emissivity which must be converted appropriately under several assumptions and calibrations. This specific model is designed to be used for solid bodies distant a few meters. The "measurements" are a weighted integral of the temperature of an air column impinging on the device, mostly coming from the air nearby since emission is way larger for it.

BTW, the FLIR manual is a concise but very informative intro on the history and principles of thermography.

Of course not! "Ferro809" simply pointed the camera from the ground to the sky above :)
Furthermore, they confuse the in-device laser ranging with the ranging capability of the Temp reading ...

wrt cloud temperature estimate from IR measurements, I am preparing a blogpost in Italian, but I think it would be worthwhile to mention here that there are excellent sources to explain how it can be done properly even using the standard commercial IR thermographic cameras like the Flir E8, which works in the 8-14 μm IR band.

First of all, a great high school students activity about this task is included in the NASA outreach site:
http://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/804-2/1035-2/

Then, some published papers describe in detail how to map the temperature reads to actual temperatures:

Stephen Smith and Ralf Toumi, 2008:
Measuring Cloud Cover and Brightness Temperature with a Ground-Based Thermal Infrared Camera.
J. Appl. Meteor. Climatol., 47, 683–693.
http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/full/10.1175/2007JAMC1615.1

and also this one (even though the sensor looks at 10 μm only in this case):

Riordan, D., R. Clay, A. Maghrabi, B. Dawson, R. Pace, and N. Wild (2005),
Cloud base temperature measurements using a simple longwave infrared cloud detection system,
J. Geophys. Res., 110, D03207
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2004JD005390/full

BTW, if you watched the chemtrailists video, you will notice that the temperature readings from the contrail are sensibly cooler than the (quick) reading from a cumulus. Of course, both are quite warmer readings compared to open sky.
I guess that with the proper corrections one could get a perfectly normal temperature for the contrail (honestly I did not embarked on the calculation myself).

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West NY Times: In Italian Schools, Reading, Writing and Recognizing Fake News Practical Debunking 60
cmnit Former top NATO Italian General Fabio Mini Contrails and Chemtrails 16
derwoodii Boulder smashes through Italian farm General Discussion 8
Mick West Italian Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 8
Mick West GeoengineeringWatch Chemtrail Posters fly-posted in Sydney Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Mick West Do Polls and Google Trends show Chemtrail Belief Declining? Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Mick West TFTRH 9: Joe - Former Chemtrail Conspiracist, Current New World Order Conspiracist Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 51
Mick West YouTube adds Encyclopedia Britannica article on Contrails to "Chemtrail" Videos Contrails and Chemtrails 18
StratMatt777 How to effectively talk to chemtrail folk Practical Debunking 9
Leifer Claim: magnetic dust on cars proves chemtrail fallout Contrails and Chemtrails 11
cmnit Malpensa technician whistleblower on chemtrail activities in airport Contrails and Chemtrails 10
Mick West A Conversation with "Chemtrail" activist Patrick Roddie Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Trailblazer Explained: Vatican "chemtrail spraying" coin [part of set depicting Pope's travels] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
deirdre J.Marvin Herndon tries to pass off Bird Poop as evidence of "chemtrail" spraying Contrails and Chemtrails 24
TEEJ Claim of "UFO" interacting with "Chemtrail", Paris, France, 28th September 2016 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
JRBids "Chemtrail off your left wing": Air Traffic Controller Contrails and Chemtrails 18
MikeG Debunked: Air Force Verifies Chemtrails are Real Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West Why "Chemtrail" Tests on the Ground Find Metals That Don't Occur Naturally Contrails and Chemtrails 14
MikeC New Zealand Ministry of Environment reply to "chemtrail" query Contrails and Chemtrails 6
MikeG Debunked: Geoengineering Killing Great Barrier Reef Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Tapir-mâché Curious-- how low can persistent contrails form? Contrails and Chemtrails 25
Trailblazer Chemtrail response from Swiss Federal Office of the Environment Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Persistent Trails Survey Shows Chemtrail Believers Only Recently Noticed Persistent Trails Contrails and Chemtrails 32
MikeC Aircraft weight and balance in the real world Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Trailblazer Another photoshopped chemtrail poster: Michael J Murphy Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Jay Reynolds Chemtrail Believers' predictions of "years left" before disaster Contrails and Chemtrails 6
A Augie Snyder's contrail/chemtrail questions Contrails and Chemtrails 18
Mick West Debunked: Rise In Respiratory Mortality from 4th to 3rd Cause of Death. "Chemtrail Flu" General Discussion 13
Mick West How Rogue Scientist J. Marvin Herndon Disproved the Last Resort of the Chemtrail Theory Contrails and Chemtrails 31
Trailblazer Photoshopped "chemtrail" images on Geoengineeringwatch.org Contrails and Chemtrails 76
JFDee New fuel dump "chemtrail" video [Munich, Thai Airways Flight 925] Contrails and Chemtrails 33
Critical Thinker Why we debunk and who do we reach. Practical Debunking 2
Trailblazer Identified: Chemtrails Project UK's "chemtrail plane" (Air France A340) Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Debunked: Kylie Jenner's Chemtrail Meme Tweet Contrails and Chemtrails 54
S Contrail shadow Contrails and Chemtrails 15
Trailblazer Video of helicopter leaving "chemtrail"? Contrails and Chemtrails 8
TEEJ Chemtrail Fleet - Peter A. Kirby Contrails and Chemtrails 10
cmnit Chemtrailists articles on Las Vegas Tribune (in 2005) Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Critical Thinker San Diego Chemtrail group to 'educate' & Protest Scientists/Doctors Contrails and Chemtrails 3
TWCobra Madisonstar Moon posts 59 year old photo of B47's contrailing. Contrails and Chemtrails 0
S Black exhaust, contrail, or chemtrail? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Mick West The Best Book for Explaining Contrails to Chemtrail Believers Contrails and Chemtrails 39
Husband of chemmy Help me! Wife is Chemtrailing... Contrails and Chemtrails 69
Jacob Aman J. Marvin Herndon's chemtrail letter to San Diego City Council Contrails and Chemtrails 39
A Dr. Kirkby 2009 CERN presentation: "Clouds Seeded by Jets" [Misunderstanding by Chemtrail Theorists] Contrails and Chemtrails 28
TWCobra Chemtrail evidence that would stand up in court Contrails and Chemtrails 20
Whitebeard Claim - 'Orbs Killing Chemtrails' Contrails and Chemtrails 29
Trailblazer Debunked: "The Snake" non-commercial chemtrail plane (China Eastern A330) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 33
Chemtrail_Follower Chemtrail Follower Escaping The Rabbit Hole 70
Peter How 'alive' is the topic of chemtrails nowadays? Contrails and Chemtrails 32
Related Articles

Related Articles