How to send a PM/Private Message/Conversation

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Here a "Private Message" (PM) is called a "Conversation". It's still private.

Either
  1. Click on the Person
  2. Click on Start a Conversation

Or
  1. Click on your "Inbox" then "Start a New Conversation" (either in the drop down or, the Inbox Screen)
  2. Type the name of the person you want to converse with (can have up to five people)
  3. Send the message just like a post

or

then

Last edited:
And one more way, I've added a button to the profile pages. I also changed the word "Conversation" to "Conversation/PM" as people are more used to the PM descriptor

Last edited:
Mick. I wish to not receive email notifications of "conversation/PM", but I don't see where to select such an option.

Mick. I wish to not receive email notifications of "conversation/PM", but I don't see where to select such an option.

Contact Details -> Receive email when a new conversation message is received

Last edited:
I'm sorry but it is stil not working, I click on others profiles to message them and it never gives me that option.

I'm sorry but it is stil not working, I click on others profiles to message them and it never gives me that option.
@Will try going to the top right of the screen where you see your name. Click on your name and then click on the personal details or you can click on conversations

upload_2014-9-6_20-39-53.png
If you go to your personal details page on the left hand side you will see a menu to select from. Scroll down to conversations and click on "start a new conversation" Like such;

upload_2014-9-6_20-37-19.png
then this screen will pop up
upload_2014-9-6_20-42-41.png
In the participants box, you need to type the name of the person you want to PM, and then a drop down box will appear. So for instance if you want to PM @Mick West, type Mick and you will see a blue drop down appear, you need to click on his name for it to send. Just typing the name wont do it (I think I had similar issues when i first started as well), so don't feel bad.

Similarly, if you wish to tag someone in the forum, type the @ "symbol" in front of their name and wait for the drop down menu to pop up and click the name in that drop down, otherwise the participant won't be notified...

Good luck

Added: Or you can go to the "inbox" tab located near your name on the top right. Click on it, and you will see a blue link for "new conversation". Click on that and repeat above. Make sure you select the name form the drop down menu... You will see it appear as you begin to type the name. I sent you a PM as well, so you should have some in your mailbox, try replying to my message to see if it's at least working. The message sent, so it should be all good

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-6_20-39-13.png
    upload_2014-9-6_20-39-13.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 649
Last edited:
C'mon, Hama...I'm standing right here! :oops:

(and I knew I could trust deirdre to make the comment in #15, so I could stay on the high road) :p

We can work it out when we meet on Mt Shasta. Just so you know... I invited Dane W to join us on the campout. ;)

Back