"Hovering" C-130 Spraying in Corpus Christi, Texas

Nothing said about optical illusions explains what the plane was doing, spray-wise.

There's zero proof the plane was 'spraying' at all. (as you've read previously in this thread)

c130s don't spray from the wings which IF it was spraying for mosquitos, thinking it was coming from the wings would be an optical illusion.

but the optical illusion in this thread is referring to the hovering or slow speed of the plane Mutt describes. as well as it's proximity to the building.

Practicing against its citizens utter rubbish? Didn't there use to be something called Posse Comitatus?

The DHS buying all those hollow points for target practice is a joke, besides its against the Geneva Convention....

Besides the US govt isn't worried about securing the borders when its known that the Mexican Cartels are assisting Middle East terrorists

Yes, there is Posse Comitatus and it's still a Federal law. Can you give an example of where it has been violated?

The DHS buy has been discussed elsewhere here and search will help you with that. It's not against the Geneva Convention since it is not for use in war.

And the proof of your last statement is?

Many sources say that if there were no demand for the various drugs from the Cartels, there would be no problem. Since the "terrorists" want to destroy/take over the country, which would be the death penalty for drug use, why would the Cartels want to eliminate one of their biggest customers?

You've really diverged from your original post.

Planes don't fly where I saw that C130. I should know, I lived there for decades.

That one certainly did.

I would expect it to since that building you show for reference is 9 miles NW of NAS Corpus Christi.

If you are in the path of airplanes landing then thats all fine and dandy but where that plane was, wasn't.

I was only in the path of landing planes in a particular set of conditions. I gave the reference to show that 9 miles is not far from the airport.

Being I live in a rural area,

Not relevant to a discussion of planes near downtown Corpus Christi.

I gave the reference to show that 9 miles is not far from the airport.

And as another consideration for reference: On a normal 3° GlideSlope, when an airplane is at 2,000 feet above the ground it will be roughly 6 Nautical Miles from the runway touchdown point. (6 NM = 7 Statue Miles).

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. What I saw in Corpus was pertaining to spraying, not contrails. I just saw it spraying.

Sorry if you've answered this in another post, but from which location on the plane did the spray come from?

[edited to make question clearer]

Last edited:
In the meantime, you have a low flying C130 making a turn and then descending nine miles from a Naval Air Station. You suspect that plane was spraying.

Everybody else thinks it was making an approach to the air station with either (or maybe both) smokey exhaust (evidence that c-130s do this is provided) or aerodynamic contrails (any plane makes those when the air is saturated).

We know it wasn't mosquito spray since after you finally provided the information necessary to make that judgement. So how exactly would you characterize the 'spray'?

Do you think you can draw the plane's flight path as well as your viewing position on an aerial image?

The plane was flying along and then it dipped and started spraying, just like cropdusters do. The spray mechanism is on "OFF" then they dip down and turn the switch on ON and spray, just like on this video.

http://www.dump.com/cropdusting/

I've never drawn on a computer before but I'll see if I can get somebody to help me with that later.

The spray? Like a mist...foggy??????
What color was the spray?

What would you like a color wheel?

Yes, there is Posse Comitatus and it's still a Federal law. Can you give an example of where it has been violated?

The DHS buy has been discussed elsewhere here and search will help you with that. It's not against the Geneva Convention since it is not for use in war.

Many sources say that if there were no demand for the various drugs from the Cartels, there would be no problem. Since the "terrorists" want to destroy/take over the country, which would be the death penalty for drug use, why would the Cartels want to eliminate one of their biggest customers?

Yes, I diverged from my original post. ok

There's zero proof the plane was 'spraying' at all. (as you've read previously in this thread)

c130s don't spray from the wings which IF it was spraying for mosquitos, thinking it was coming from the wings would be an optical illusion.

but the optical illusion in this thread is referring to the hovering or slow speed of the plane Mutt describes. as well as it's proximity to the building.

From the wings? Really?

You weren't there.

That one certainly did.

I would expect it to since that building you show for reference is 9 miles NW of NAS Corpus Christi.

I was only in the path of landing planes in a particular set of conditions. I gave the reference to show that 9 miles is not far from the airport.

There are various webcams of downtown Corpus Christi. The only thing I can suggest is to watch some of them and you won't see any planes coasting around downtown Corpus. They have an archive for a whole 24 hours. I tried watching the webcams but my computer keeps stopping. Maybe you'll have better luck with yours.

Is there another blog about the DHS? Then we should go there.

That one certainly did.

It sure did. Thats part of what this thread is all about. Go to webcam and see if you can see any planes flying, I can't on my computer is all I can say.

Well from I can tell, this was a normal activity of a c130 doing some type of approach airwork near downtown. Since you stated the spray was from the wings and there are is no evidence out there of a wing mounted spray system then I have to conclude this was either aerodynamic or exhaust. If gray... Aero. If brown... Exhaust. I also have to say that since this was the middle of the day and everyone can see it then it must not have been some secret operation to spray downtown with anything. If you don't want to accept that answer that's fine but all of us are working off what you have given us.

Go to webcam and see if you can see any planes flying

Could you please provide the link to this web-cam? If you have it....just "copy/paste".

Highlight the URL with your mouse...(left-click and scroll to highlight) then either right-click, or use the keyboard "ctrl-c" keys at the same time. That copies the text.

To insert this text (it is "copied" to the "ClipBoard"...assuming you use Windows?) you select with the cursor where you want, and then use "ctrl-v" to "paste".

IF you are using a Mac? Well, others will help you, since I am not familiar with Apple command protocols.

There are various webcams of downtown Corpus Christi. The only thing I can suggest is to watch some of them and you won't see any planes coasting around downtown Corpus. They have an archive for a whole 24 hours. I tried watching the webcams but my computer keeps stopping. Maybe you'll have better luck with yours.

Here are some of the instrument approach procedures for Truax Field on runways 13L and 13R:

http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1408/00098R13L.PDF

http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1408/00098IYR13R.PDF

http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1408/00098IZLD13R.PDF

00098IYR13R.jpg

Compare to the location of 800 N. Shoreline Blvd. which is practically at the apex of the turn for final approach to runways 13 L/R.

You still want to say 'you won't see any planes coasting around downtown Corpus'?

I'm reasonably assured that what muttkat saw was a C-130 on a normal approach for Truax Field producing either engine smoke or aerodynamic contrails.

OK, wing areas. Talk about being anal.

Perhaps to you insisting on details is anal, however some of us are quite detail oriented and details can help sort out what is real and what is confirmation bias. In the world of aviation, attention to detail is crucial.

Last edited:
Thanks solrey. Graphics are better than words at trying to get across the point I was trying make about the position of the downtown area relative to the approach to the main runway.

Back