Help indentifying Silver Ball

Daves!

Someone posted a video on the dutch website for ufo/uap sightings. The whole thing was observed around 20 seconds the daughter had the chance to film the last couple of seconds.

My first initial thought was its a heliumballoon. ( The person filming it says thats not a balloon ).
Im wondering if its a balloon or something else.
Any input what this could be is appreciated!

Date: 26-03-2022
Time : +-16:00 local time
Place : google maps 52.34706450,4.90197156
Reggestraat 15II, 1078 CX Amsterdam

The object was moving South West.
Nothing more is being said only that it was silver looking and almost oval.

Last edited by a moderator:
No reason it's not a balloon that I can see, often when people are a little inclined to believe in more 'out there' conclusions they often immediately say its not a "thing" where "thing" is indeed what it most likely is.

I often see things like that when I am out and about, luckily I have my telephoto lens on me which confirms it's a balloon, never had it be anything else.

Looks like a balloon to me. If you stop and start the video as it moves you can see it is wobbling slightly.

They also say there was hardly any wind in the original report
Zilveren bol metaalachtig glanzend ..dacht eerst grote ballon maar beweging was horizontaal en te snel, stond nauwelijks wind Vloog vrij laag van links naar rechts af en toe kantelend waardoor je zag dat het perfect rond was maar ook soort van ovaal ..of veranderend. Laatste stukje gefilmd maar op film niet duidelijk en lijkt verder weg dan met blote oog. Met blote oog erg duidelijk gezien.
translated
Silver sphere metallic shiny..thought big balloon at first but movement was horizontal and too fast, hardly any wind Flew quite low from left to right occasionally tilting so you could see it was perfectly round but also sort of oval ..or changing. Last part filmed but not clear on film and seems further away than with the naked eye. Seen very clearly with the naked eye. Seen from living room window with daughter who was able to quickly shoot a snapchat.
https://www.ufomeldpunt.nl/melding/...ijn-bewegend-ietwat-ovaal-af-en-toe-kantelend

However if you look at the weather info @Daves! posted ( 14-18 km/h -> around 3 beaufort ) and coming from the NE it fully matches with the direction SW the object is going.
I would say it is a balloon too :)

Looks like a helium baloon, floats like a helium balloon, pushed along exactly in the direction of the wind like a helium balloon.

Duck?

Im also very sure its a balloon. Just wondering if its possible that a balloon goes horizontaly in a straight line ? I cant seem to find much about it.

Wind conditions on the ground often differ from wind higher up.
That is definitely true, and the wind in the forecast is measured at 10 meters high in the open field.
However the object doesn't seem too high in the sky yet and it also seems like the branches of the trees are moving.
What I'm trying to say is that "hardly any wind" is maybe not a correct observation.

Im also very sure its a balloon. Just wondering if its possible that a balloon goes horizontaly in a straight line ? I cant seem to find much about it.
Not sure if it goes in a straight line. It still might be going up. And I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be able to go in a more or less horizontal line.

Not sure if it goes in a straight line. It still might be going up. And I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be able to go in a more or less horizontal line.

I always thought only weatherballoons were pushed by the wind at high altitude to go horizontally and a normal balloon at low altitude couldnt do that. Thats why it puzzled me about their video. Although i confess i dont have much knowledge about (weather) balloons.

They often partially deflate and achieve neutral buoyancy and drift horizontally. this one floated overhead while I was up in the moors in the UK.

1648560694288.png

I guess I frequent r/ufos on reddit a bit too much.. I get a little tic tacked... :cool:

Back on topic, I vote balloon!

I always thought only weatherballoons were pushed by the wind at high altitude to go horizontally and a normal balloon at low altitude couldnt do that. Thats why it puzzled me about their video. Although i confess i dont have much knowledge about (weather) balloons.
Maybe think about it this way. Sometimes, as they leak helium, a balloon will move downwards. As it does, it moves into more dense air and may hit a point where it has neutral buoyancy and more or less hovers -- unless wind pushes it along laterally.

Back