Gov’t Study: 75% of AIR and Rain Samples Tested Positive for Roundup ??

Leifer

Senior Member.
Gov’t Study: 75% of AIR and Rain Samples Tested Positive for Monsanto’s Roundup (link)

I'm suspicious of this claim. Is it factually based ? Is it specific enough to warrant headlines.....let's see.....

There are many sites using this claim to post articles. Has any of these site's authors had the study in-hand ?.....or are they delving in conjecture based on a simple "abstract" of the study ?

Please read the above link/article.....I won't copy-and-paste the whole article.

The study (only the abstract is available):
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21128261
http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=2909#.UzjwfIWGi8A

(more editing and info very soon)
I gave this thread link to the study's author, Paul Capel.
....and I requested a copy of the study.

Last edited:

Leifer

Senior Member.
Interesting.....there may be a dual belief by some of the chemtrail community, who do not believe that dust and particulate matter leads to Aluminum and other elements in rainwater test results, but however might believe that pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers ARE carried by rain droplets. It's something that can be pointed to, in a discussion of "what's in the rain".

I have not yet read the study, but I strongly suspect that any pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers found, are indeed primarily attached to airborne soil dust.....if the study includes this data.

Last edited:

Belfrey

Senior Member.
I have not yet read the study, but I strongly suspect that any pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers found, are indeed primarily attached to airborne soil dust.....if the study includes this data.
I have a copy of the study (I have university access). Here's what it says about that issue:
And specifically with regard to glyphosate and its breakdown product, aminomethylphosphonic acid:
I'd say that the summary that you linked to in your OP got it right. The study found that detection of glyphosate increased in air and rainwater samples between the two sampling periods, and that other, often more environmentally-harmful pesticides (including other herbicides) decreased.

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
I'd like to see these tests performed in a typical neighborhood with well manicured yards. My guess is they might find glyphosate there too.

Leifer

Senior Member.
Here are the studies....

.....Much thanks to Paul Capel....one author of these studies.
I have not had time to review them yet.

Attachments

• Chang_ETC_2011.pdf
    287.7 KB · Views: 361
  • Coupe_Pest_Man_Sci_2011.pdf
    497 KB · Views: 381

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
Interesting how this website takes a part of the study and then just runs with it, into a gish gallop of dot joining.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
F Ramazzini Study on RF effects in Rats 5G and Other EMF Health Concerns 21
Oystein Final Report: Hulsey/AE911Truth's WTC7 Study 9/11 24
JFDee NY Times Article about YouTube CT Study General Discussion 2
Rory Debunked: Study shows link between menstrual cycle and the moon Health and Quackery 30
Mick West Debunked: UAF Study Shows WTC7 Could Not Have Collapsed from Fire 9/11 43
MikeG Debunked: Mike Adam's Claims Regarding HPV "Shock Study" Health and Quackery 5
mrfintoil Study: When Debunking Scientific Myths Fails (and When It Does Not) Practical Debunking 3
deirdre study on how to 'sway people' Practical Debunking 0
Critical Thinker Study: 'On the Viability of Conspiratorial Beliefs Practical Debunking 10
M Claim: Study finds nearly all scientific papers controlled by six corporations? Conspiracy Theories 1
Balance Met Office - Case Study Contrail-induced Cirrus Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Pete Tar Debunked: Most recent NASA study shows ice growth in Antartica Science and Pseudoscience 15
Leifer Bumblebee Pupae Contain High Levels of Aluminium General Discussion 15
MikeC Jet fuel damages human cells - study Health and Quackery 16
derwoodii Claim: Photo shows control rats with tumors in Séralini study Conspiracy Theories 10
RFMarine 1240 Scientists Demand Seralini GMO Study be Republished Health and Quackery 21
Leifer "FCC Commissioner Warns of Agency’s Plan to Monitor Newsrooms" study ? General Discussion 2
Mick West Debunking "Contrails don't Persist" with a Study of 70 Years of Books on Clouds Contrails and Chemtrails 98
AluminumTheory Debunked: Infowars Study: Conspiracy theorists’ sane; government dupes crazy, hostile General Discussion 25
David Fraser They study Human Engineering for Climate Change. Conspiracy Theories 0
Mick West Debunked: Monsanto and USAF School of Aerospace Medicine chemtrail study 1977 Contrails and Chemtrails 22
walliswallis OU Study: Use of the Word "Sheep" Effective in Defeating Reason Practical Debunking 9
dizzle Dartmouth study about fluoride Conspiracy Theories 3
MikeC Carnicom institute morgellons study Health and Quackery 0
JFDee Study: "Dead and Alive: Beliefs in Contradictory Conspiracy Theories" General Discussion 19
MikeC CDC morgellons study out - it's all in your mind Health and Quackery 4
Mendel Debunked: Radar Waves Affect Clouds General Discussion 0
Balance Investigating: Rain on Request Contrails and Chemtrails 12
MikeC Oregon's milky rain - evidence of weather warfare? Contrails and Chemtrails 6
derwoodii Laser could trigger rain and lightning UCF College of Optics & Photonics General Discussion 5
JRBids Weather Modification Company Uses Electromagnetic Waves to Make Rain Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Mick West Chemical Composition of Rain and Snow - Aluminum, Barium, etc. Contrails and Chemtrails 33
Related Articles

Related Articles