Explained: Panama UFO "Disc" [Cessna Taking Off]

jhunsley

I spotted this video today -
Source: https://youtu.be/u68GBjdLnEA

It claims to be submitted by someone in Panama. Can anyone tell if its recent or has it been around for a while?

Its a good video but I'm thinking it's a fake. The giveaway is the two guys in the cherry picker don't seem to have noticed it. Why are they in the shot? Where they being filmed when the UFO happened to appear? Or, was it a film of them which was then manipulated and the UFO added? How come no one else videoed it?

Thoughts?

When the camera comes into focus you get a more detailed view. It reveals something dark on the bottom of the object, which leads me to believe it’s not some kind of odd cloud. As for aircraft, it appears too skinny to be a balloon or blimp. If it’s a drone, it’s a long one.

Either these guys purposefully filmed the workers doing their job and later added a CGI craft, or this is a real unknown object. We need some other hypothesis as to what this could be, but until then, my verdict is that this is some kind of man-made object.

The original that is linked in the Youtube description says it was filmed in October 2019:

OVNI EN PANAMA DESDE ALBROOK
Desde el puente peatonal entre el metro y albrook 09/10/2019 10:31 am
Content from External Source
"UFO in Panama from Albrook
From the pedestrian bridge between the subway and Albrook 09/10/2019 10:31 AM"

At this time of day, with the sun high in the sky, the underside of the blimp would be in shadow, similar in brightness to the sky, and be obliterated by image processing, especially as the camera seems to be focusing mostly on the foreground.
At some points in the video, the camera seems to be refocussing, and on these occasions a dark shadow is visible below the bright object, suggesting that the object is thicker than it seems.

The first part of the video seems to show that the video is recorded through a window - is the UFO actually a reflection of lights behind the observer?

Capture.PNG

the light would have to be moving
Or perhaps the is observer and camera are moving, making any reflections also move relative to the background.

I think the bigger hole in my hypothesis is how the 'object' appears to fade out of visibility as the video progresses. Would a blimp appear to do this? Not sure how a light would either, to be honest.

edits. typos

Attachments

• ss.PNG
    ss.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 331
The other thing to note is that the line of sight is along the departure line of the main runway of Panama airport. Could we be seeing a high-winged aircraft such as a Cessna 150 taking off from behind.

123.png

Last edited:
I've found a flightpath of a Cessna 182 taking off from the northerly runway at Panama City Allbrook Airport and the kml is downloadable from Flight Radar 24. Using Google Earth to set the view as the bridge we can see how it might have looked. It seems to fit.

Does anyone have a Business FlightRadar24 subscription...? and if so can you check at 9 Oct 2019 10:31AM local (15.31 UTC) to see if a similar aircraft was taking off at that time? (I only have a Gold Subscription and that only goes back 1 year) @Mick West ?

panama.PNG

Last edited:
I managed to get access to a Flightradar24 business account and upon checking the time of the video on their playback data we can see that there is indeed a high winged Cessna 182 taking off from the northerly runway at Panama airport at exactly that time [9 Oct 2019 10:31AM local (15.31 UTC)].

Screenshot_20210928-092307_Flightradar24.jpg

This is the aircraft... registration HP-1554FT. Its long, white, raised wing is clearly evident, and thats what gives the appearance of a 'saucer' in the video.. I think that's pretty much case closed.

ces.PNG

Last edited:
Wait! It can still be an alien craft, looking like a plane, with a protrusion on the bottom, just enjoying the time in the air!

Joking of course.

Awesome job, @flarkey!

Kinda looks like a tic tac. Can someone get Cmdr Fravor, Chirs Mellon, Lui Alizando to comment? Maybe it's spacemen in an outer spaceship.

Thats awesome sleuthing. The evidence definitely leans toward a departing fixed-wing aircraft moving slowly away from the observer.
You sound like you're not convinced.
We have evidence that there was an aircraft in the part of the sky that the camera was looking at at that particular time, and convincing argument that the aircraft would have looked like the UAP in that video.
What doubts do you have?

If you want to pick holes in the case then you might argue that the reported time that the video was filmed must be correct to the minute in order to line up with the departing plane, meaning it all hinges upon the validity of the description on Youtube. For all we know it was filmed at a different time and the apparent match with the plane is only by coincidence. The most obvious argument to make would probably be that '09/10/2019' is supposed to mean Sep, 10 not Oct, 9.

...I'm 99% sure the suggested theory is correct by the way, I'm only trying to think of what else one would need to prove or verify should one want to reach 100.

And by the way, the reported weather conditions at the airport do agree well with Oct, 9 but not at all with Sep, 10.

The most obvious argument to make would probably be that '09/10/2019' is supposed to mean Sep, 10 not Oct, 9.

I did consider the date-format paradox, and went back to the original video on YouTube which states it was posted on "Oct 9 2019."

date.PNG

And by the way, the reported weather conditions at the airport do agree well with Oct, 9 but not at all with Sep, 10.
What source did you use to check this? On the historical weather sites I've looked at the weather conditions don't seem too different.

Last edited:
I did consider the date-format paradox
There's no paradox, the original description is in Spanish, and the date format in Panama is dd/mm/yyyy.
The fact that the video was posted on the same day and that the weather allegedly matches are just icing on this cake.

Last edited:
I did consider the date-format paradox, and went back to the original video on YouTube which states it was posted on "Oct 9 2019."

date.PNG

Yep, I saw that too but disregarded it, if only for the sake of the argument.
What source did you use to check this? On the historical weather sites I've looked at the weather conditions don't seem too different.
https://www.ogimet.com/metars.phtml.en

Sep, 10 it reports
Code:
MPMG 101500Z 33009KT 9000 SCT020 31/26 Q1011 NOSIG
MPMG 101600Z 32009KT 9000 SCT020 31/26 Q1011 NOSIG
A gentle breeze and just some ordinary scattered clouds

Oct, 9
Code:
MPMG 091500Z VRB02KT 9999 SCT017TCU 28/25 Q1012 NOSIG
MPMG 091600Z 12006KT 080V170 9999 SCT017TCU 29/25 Q1011 NOSIG
Calm winds but scattered towering cumulus clouds, which then develop into cumulonimbus/thunderstorms:
Code:
MPMG 091700Z VRB02KT 9000 TS SCT016CB SCT080 29/25 Q1010 TEMPO 6000 TSRA
MPMG 091800Z VRB01KT 9999 TS SCT018CB SCT080 28/25 Q1009 TEMPO 6000 TSRA
A hot and humid morning in the calm before the storm hits, which is also the vibe I get from the video.

I managed to get access to a Flightradar24 business account and upon checking the time of the video on their playback data we can see that there is indeed a high winged Cessna 182 taking off from the northerly runway at Panama airport at exactly that time [9 Oct 2019 10:31AM local (15.31 UTC)].

Awesome work. Well done and many thanks

The workers on the cherry picker smashing the hell out of that roof don’t seem too interested. Looks like a blimp.
Or atmospheric anomaly. It were anomalous I would've been looking google-eyed. Sucks being a skeptic. I want to believe: I just can't.

Back