Event 201

Eleora

There is a conspiracy theory out there that Event 201 is a prediction of the covid19 outbreak. Here is a link to Event 201 https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/
2020-04-20 (10).png 2020-04-20 (13).png

The conspiracy theory goes like this, when the Elite do something it's their code of conduct to also tell people what they are doing hence why Event 201 was made. Their plan is take away freedom of speech and to use the virus outbreak as a means of implementing new laws that will enable them to eventually accomplish their New World Order as this video states, the video also pulls up a website @ 12:35 minutes in to 13:50 minutes in I do not understand that part could someone please elaborate? And provide some tools for a better understanding of it and how to debunk it.

2020-04-20 (8).png2020-04-20 (9).png

How can this entire theory be debunked. And what type of tools and verbiage could a person use to debunk it with those who believe it?

Last edited:
There is a conspiracy theory out there that Event 201 is a prediction of the covid19 outbreak. Here is a link to Event 201 https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/
From the website:
The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation hosted Event 201, a high-level pandemic exercise on October 18, 2019, in New York, NY. The exercise illustrated areas where public/private partnerships will be necessary during the response to a severe pandemic in order to diminish large-scale economic and societal consequences.

Statement about nCoV and our pandemic exercise

In recent years, the world has seen a growing number of epidemic events, amounting to approximately 200 events annually. These events are increasing, and they are disruptive to health, economies, and society. Managing these events already strains global capacity, even absent a pandemic threat. Experts agree that it is only a matter of time before one of these epidemics becomes global—a pandemic with potentially catastrophic consequences. A severe pandemic, which becomes “Event 201,” would require reliable cooperation among several industries, national governments, and key international institutions.
Content from External Source
Basically, governments and institutions all over the world have been prudent and used past pandemics as impetus to plan for the next one: after SARS, MERS, Ebola, Swine Flu, it was kind of inevitable that a new epidemic would come along, and the potential for it to be not contained and develop into a pandemic was already apparent. It would be foolish to not plan a response to these challenges (and more foolish to not heed these plans once the pandemic had reared its head, but I digress).

These plans and planning events for a predictable future are now produced as "proof" of a "prediction", when all they are is evidence of people in responsible positions employing forethought.
These claims all insinuate that "planning an epidemic response" and "planning an epidemic" are the same thing, and that preparing for an outbreak and predicting an outbreak are the same thing.
As an analogy, does keeping a standing army mean you know what the next war is going to be, and when? Do the military exercises we do in peace time indicate what kind of war we want? No, they indicate what kind of conflict we think is going to be likely, and if we were smart, our guess was somewhat close to the actual future. That's natural and desired, but it isn't proof that we planned a war. It just means we planned for a war.

We did not plan an epidemic, we planned for an epidemic. Because it's the smart thing to do.

How can this entire theory be debunked.
Their plan is take away freedom of speech and to use the virus outbreak as a means of implementing new laws that will enable them to eventually accomplish their New World Order

The theory can't be debunked. Event 201 can be explained (as Mendel just did) and you can present multi examples of other exercises from previous years after Sars 2002 that would show that "yes, it is a coincidence this exercise on October 18, 2019 was a few weeks before the Covid pandemic".

i dont want to watch the whole video
but basically his claim in your youtube video is that "this is a wild coincidence"
3:25 Now back to event 201. I find this extremely fascinating, because this pandemic simulation exercise of the coronavirus took place about 6 weeks before the first illness from the illness was actually reported in wuhan china. [he shows article from jan 25, 2020]. Now that is one hell of a coincidence if you ask me. I'm not sure if you believe in that kind of thing, i have a hard time believing in coincidences"

the video also pulls up a website @ 12:35 minutes in to 13:50 minutes in I do not understand that part could someone please elaborate?
the clip shows a patent owned by the CDC (United States health agency) for isolated SARS-COV (the 2002 SARS outbreak) virus from humans.

SARS-COV is not Covid-19. SARS (2002) was a scary outbreak you can learn about on Wikipedia or by googling about it.

Your clip says
13:20 "so instead of keeping up the maintenance fee, they just released a new virus"
which is just total bunk. first noone releases a virus. second he provides no proof anyone released the virus.

The youtuber also seems to think it is a new virus. it's not it is the SARS-COV virus (2002).

the tools you need are google. Google "patent [then name of patent]" and you get the patent you can read
https://patents.google.com/patent/US7220852B1/en

(btw, filed DURING the SARS 2002-2003 outbreak)
1587388062689.png

SUMMARY OF THE DISCLOSURE

A newly isolated human coronavirus has been identified as the causative agent of SARS, and is termed SARS-CoV. The nucleic acid sequence of the SARS-CoV genome and the amino acid sequences of the SARS-CoV open reading frames are provided herein.

This disclosure provides methods and compositions useful in detecting the presence of a SARS-CoV nucleic acid in a sample and/or diagnosing a SARS-CoV infection in a subject. Also provided are methods and compositions useful in detecting the presence of a SARS-CoV antigen or antibody in a sample and/or diagnosing a SARS-CoV infection in a subject.

Last edited:
I received a message that I must edit this post as it breaks community guidelines, I am trying to figure out a way to that now.

I received a message that I must edit this post as it breaks community guidelines, I am trying to figure out a way to that now.
you can speak to the moderator, if you have questions, by responding to the message in your Metabunk Inbox
1587395745251.png

It's a good exercise: thinking about "what exactly is the claim" and "what exactly is the evidence they claim to have" are among the first questions you need to answer when you want to deal with something like that on your own!

Yes I honestly find it hard at times to even figure out what is being said and to put into words. Its something I need to work on. My head is mush right now so much stuff being thrown at me and it takes a lot of time to answer and debunk these things. Wish I could do it like you guys.

Yes I honestly find it hard at times to even figure out what is being said and to put into words. Its something I need to work on. My head is mush right now so much stuff being thrown at me and it takes a lot of time to answer and debunk these things. Wish I could do it like you guys.
Metabunk is good training. you just have to practice. I'm still a bit scatter brained, but I was much more scatter brained before i started on Metabunk.

It's a good exercise: thinking about "what exactly is the claim" and "what exactly is the evidence they claim to have" are among the first questions you need to answer when you want to deal with something like that on your own!

and the topic. even coming up with a proper title (from the transcribed claim) helps you focus on the actual claim. like "event 201" tells us nothing. or "fauchi jama article".

if the title is "Claim: Bill Gates funded Event 201 pandemic simulation exercise a NWO power grab" or whatever the claim is … (why they would publicize it if it was malicious, I don't know)

About the claim that this event was a veiled announcement of plans to curtail freedom of speech and implement new laws: It's crucial to remember that correlation does not imply causation. Just because Event 201 happened before the COVID-19 outbreak does not mean it was a 'preview' of things to come. Such exercises are based on probable scenarios that experts assess to prepare for real-life situations.

Such exercises are based on probable scenarios that experts assess to prepare for real-life situations.
And of course "probable scenarios" are the ones likely to resemble things that later actually happen. An exercise based on an unlikely and improbable scenario would not normally be followed by a real-life event that was similar! THEN maybe you could wonder if there was some conspiracy, I suppose. But "we may see a SARS-like virus cause a pandemic one of these days" was likely to the point of being the way to bet.

(Note the specifics of the scenario, the less likely to be guessed bits, are not that close to what happened. The actual pandemic did not start at a pig farm in Brazil, as the most obvious example.)

Not OT, but certainly a wee side-track to OP:

"Virus X" by Frank Ryan, MD.
Although this book was written in 1997 (and I read it in '98-'99), I still recall many of the histories of viral diseases covered in it, not all of which were pandemics. If memory serves me correctly, he observed that CDC funding cuts, as the global threats of diseases like typhoid, scarlet fever, polio, and small-pox was being severely curtailed or eradicated, was a short-sighted, 'resting-on-our-laurels' viewpoint.

Extracted from the blurb/reviews: (bold mine)
Dr. Ryan's answer for why so many plagues are ravaging the world these days is simple but chilling: a huge explosion in population (6 billion people alive today versus 1.5 billion a century ago) and the resulting destruction of habitats has brought human beings into contact with aggressive viruses that once lived beyond our reach; our global transportation systems spread them. Virus X is not the first book to raise these issues, but it's a comprehensive one, making for gripping, frightening reading.
https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Bo...rus+x&sortby=17&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-title2

My summarised TL;DR recollections: It's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN.

He imagines the catastrophe if a dangerous organism (think Ebola, Marburg, Hemorrhagic) changed/increased it's speed and method of transmission, (or a more innocuous organism with rapid and widespread transmission became far more potent) and how woefully underprepared the global response would be. He saw the emergence of novel viruses as a given, considering our increased incursions/encounters with diverse habitats/organisms, and our penchant for intensive/high density living and farming practices: more interactions = more opportunity for cross-species transmissions. Couple that with the ease of global travel, and someone who was researching rats in a rain-forest on Saturday is sipping latte's in Soho by Tuesday, or the farmer with huge flocks of birds/pigs/livestock flaunting his flannels flying to Florence for a holiday...

I should have uncovered this book again in 2020, (it was a library loan my first reading). It still underpinned a lot of my attitude towards the conversations around COVID, where I believed the general public were not sufficiently aware of viral aetiology, background of political/scientific balances, the purpose/abilities of the CDC (and equivalent non-US bodies). And the media were little-to-no help in painting any sort of objective picture. {Aside: my 18 y.o. step-son asked how a vaccine could be miraculously produced in months, when it took years prior to 2020. My response: how long did it take to make a battleship before 1939? And after that? Amazing what can be achieved when everyone pulls in the same direction... and the funding for same.)

All of that to say (and concur with other posts above): an exercise planning for the worst-case feasible scenario, is the least we should expect from a responsible set of leaders. Be that governmental, corporate, scientific - ideally, all three at the same table. The coincidence of timing is simply that. Although I haven't the time right now (or the Google-fu ability), I shall express an unfounded belief that there will have been numerous equivalent 'events', at differing scales, around the world in the previous decade. Not all events will be reported in the media...

Again, I feel it is worth reiterating points already made: planning for something, does not mean you plan to cause something. Emergency response planning/preparedness for the likes of Earthquake or flood does not pre-suppose humans intend to cause them! With war, the argument is weaker, as it is human actions on both sides of the reasoning.... thus easier to muddy the waters. Coincidence (in timing) does not imply causation....

Back