Does Orlando victim switch legs when he switches languages [No]

Source: https://youtu.be/IdnfOrLFgvw

12:27
Unfortunately, I was shot about 3 times in my leg
12:47
...shattered and broke my bones on my LEFT leg

Moderator Note - deirdre
moderator edit: the actual translation from 12:27-12:47 is
unfortuntely i was shot about 3 times in my leg. so i had fallen down. um, i tried to get back up but everyone started running everywhere, i got trampled over and i shattered and broke my bones on my left leg. So at this time i couldnt walk at all.
Content from External Source

16:39
Me tiro....el tiro a mi. Como tres veces en mi pierna DERECHA

Translation: I shot me...he shot at me. Like three times in my RIGHT leg

Why does he switch from his left leg in English to his right leg in Spanish?

Last edited by a moderator:
He was shot in the right leg, his left leg was broken in the stampede.
http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1606/14/ng.01.html
GRACE: Wait, wait. So people started running over you to get out?

COLON: Yes, yes. Everyone just started running on top of me. My left leg was good until then. I went to stand up, and someone just got on my femur bone in my left hip, and I heard it snap right there. And so at this point I have three shots on my right leg. I have broken bones, shattered bones actually on my left leg. I had the shots on my right leg. So by this time, I can`t move at all. I was stuck in the middle. People now are around me, and I just hear -- I just hear the gunshots -- pow, pow, pow, pow, pow.

GRACE: Everyone, with me is Angel Colon, who actually survived the nightclub shooting. He was not only shot three times but was trampled, hearing bones snap as people trampled over him in a stampede to try and escape death. He`s actually joining us from his hospital bed.

Source: https://youtu.be/IdnfOrLFgvw

12:27
Unfortunately, I was shot about 3 times in my leg
12:47
...shattered and broke my bones on my LEFT leg

Moderator Note - deirdre
moderator edit: the actual translation from 12:27-12:47 is
unfortuntely i was shot about 3 times in my leg. so i had fallen down. um, i tried to get back up but everyone started running everywhere, i got trampled over and i shattered and broke my bones on my left leg. So at this time i couldnt walk at all.

16:39
Me tiro....el tiro a mi. Como tres veces en mi pierna DERECHA

Why does he switch from his left leg in English to his right leg in Spanish?

Again, the question is why does he specifically say his left leg was shattered after he had fallen and been trampled on but when translating and speaking in Spanish he distinctly says his right leg was shot like 3 times? He makes no mention of his right leg in the English version of the story, only his left

Your explanation repeats what he says in English, the question here is what he said in Spanish compared to what he had just said previously in English

Again, the question is why does he specifically say his left leg was shattered after he had fallen and been trampled on but when translating and speaking in Spanish he distinctly says his right leg was shot like 3 times? He makes no mention of his right leg in the English version of the story, only his left

Your explanation repeats what he says in English, the question here is what he said in Spanish compared to what he had just said previously in English

Basically unless you're Spanish speaking or have a firm grasp of the Spanish language, you should not respond to this thread because you are not hearing the conflict in stories being told.

He has an accent so one would have to assume Spanish is his first language. Yet I don't hear him say left leg at all when describing the events in Spanish but left leg multiple times in the English version. How can he get it right (or left) multiple times in his second language but get it wrong (or right) in his native

He's just saying what happened. Shot in right leg, left leg broken after he fell. He's not attempting to translated what he previous said into Spanish, he's given an account twice, and there's different details in each.

Why don't you make a full transcript of the English and of the Spanish, with translations, and then explain what the problem is. PM me when it's done, but I'm locking the thread until then.

Basically unless you're Spanish speaking or have a firm grasp of the Spanish language
i know enough to know you left 3 to 5 words out of your spanish transcript in the OP. Not that i think it would matter but still, you could provide accurate transcripts.

I dont care about the spanish because you are misattributing what he says in English. He was shot in the right leg and his left leg was broken when it got trampled on, which " so at this point i couldnt walk at all".

In English the fact that he specifically mentions the leg that got trampled is the left leg, indicates it is a different leg then he was first referring to (the one shot 3 times) ie the right leg.

and you are saying he confirms this in Spanish

So what's the problem?

i know enough to know you left 3 to 5 words out of your spanish transcript in the OP. Not that i think it would matter but still, you could provide accurate transcripts.

I dont care about the spanish because you are misattributing what he says in English. He was shot in the right leg and his left leg was broken when it got trampled on, which " so at this point i couldnt walk at all".

In English the fact that he specifically mentions the leg that got trampled is the left leg, indicates it is a different leg then he was first referring to (the one shot 3 times) ie the right leg.

and you are saying he confirms this in Spanish

So what's the problem?

No problem. It's been debunked in record time. Thank you all

He mispronounced esquierda which is left. Poor guy. I can tell by his swollen foot he suffered trauma, hope he's recovering well.

A friend, who is a huge conspiracy theorist, brought it to my attention. I told him what I was going to do with it, present it to a forum, and he went coocoo. All this talk about how you're part of the 'conspiracy'.

I tried explaining that science/fact doesn't conspire and that not everything falls in this shady realm he lives in. But ya know what that's like

Thanks again

"Me romperan la pierna izquierda " 16:50.

His Spanish is clearly rusty, but to debunk it, it's as simple as having some Spanish speaker listening to this for 5min.

He pronounces it as "i_quierda", but it's clearly there.

I know that you already said it's debunked and so, but this was the laziest attempt to plant a CT I've ever seen, by your friend and wherever he read about this one.

Back