Digital Skywriting over Melbourne Feb 2015

MikeC

Closed Account
I took this snap out of a taxi window whilst travelling to Melbourne Airport about 2 months ago (21 Feb) and finally got around to cropping it for posting.

Skytext2.jpg

It reads: SKYTXT...OWN THE SKY

Skytxt Australia's home page is here

I'm quite surprised I've not seen any Australian chemtrailers mentioning it - I recall when something similar was done over the US (New York?) a year or 2 ago it got quite a lot of "publicity"

Hmmm it seems the company is advertising their own services. They describe the process on their website.

"Five specially modified aircraft have been fitted with the SKYTXT system enabling exceptional clarity and precision advertising by producing synchronised text. Each sign measures 350 metres tall, 8km in length and 4,300 metres (14,000 ft) high targeting the largest consumer group possible Australia wide!
The computer controlled hardware synchronizes the releasing of vapour from the aircraft to create letters which form the spectacular signs. The signs last from 5 to 10 minutes depending on atmospheric conditions.
SKYTXT Pilots are highly trained system operators with thousands of hours flying experience."

The texts looks a little difference from common skywriting because it seems to be a different form of it called "Skytyping." Or "Dot Matrix Skywriting". Which is defined on Wikipedia as.

" Skytyping is the process of using five planes in formation to choreograph puffs of smoke being released from each plane. The messages, written at 10,000 foot altitude, can be up to 1250 feet tall and over five miles long. Traditional Skywriting letters are 3,000 feet high and take longer to write."

Probably didn't make a big deal because it's an advertisement and they couldn't make it sound spooky. :p

Back