Debunked:Tom F Balauras RCAF Chemtrail Whistleblower [Hoax]

TWCobra

Senior Member.
The following appeared in an Australian chemtrail FB site:

balauras.JPG
Supposedly this is the pilot in question.

1. The RCAF stands for Royal Canadian Air Force. Therefore he cannot be an "army pilot".
2. The Canadian air force pilots are all officers. The "army pilot CW3" is a US Army enlisted rank. The US Army uses enlisted personnel as pilots, the RCAF does not. If this person was in the RCAF, he would never refer to himself as either an "army pilot" nor a CW3.
3. The RCAF does not use CW3 as a rank.
4. The aircraft in the background is a F-16 Falcon. The RCAF does not operate this aircraft.

and finally,

5. The image has been used on multiple websites, without the faces blanked out, and appears to be a group of USAF fighter pilots "hosing down" a pilot after passing some aviation milestone.

DosGringosRaceflight.jpg

[UPDATE #1 byt @Mick West]

6. The pilots in the center are two U. S. Air Force F-16 Viper jet fighter pilots: Chris "Snooze" Kurek (shown in the hoax photo, soaked) and Rob "Trip" Raymond (on the left), flanked by two others. Kurek and Raymond have a two man band called "Dos Gringos".

The original photo appears on this page:
http://www.usaircombat.com/JetPilot.htm

And other photos of the group show the same two men.
http://www.horntip.com/mp3/2000s/2003ca_live_at_the_sand_trap__dos_gringos_(CD)/

http://www.dosgringosrocks.com/

[Update #2 by @Mick West]
It's a hoax image that someone created to trick and then insult chemtrail believers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for the record in the US a Warrant Officer/Chief Warrant Officer is a Commissioned Officer who is considered a technical expert in a specific career field and has arisen from within the enlisted ranks as a Senior NCO or an Army Helicopter Pilot but some may be Army fixed wing pilots such as the C-12. As for the Army many come for the enlisted ranks but the majority of Army pilots are direct ascension.

In other countries they are Officers my Warrant which is considered below that of a Commission.

Just for the record in the US a Warrant Officer/Chief Warrant Officer is a Commissioned Officer who is considered a technical expert in a specific career field and has arisen from within the enlisted ranks as a Senior NCO or an Army Helicopter Pilot but some may be Army fixed wing pilots such as the C-12. As for the Army many come for the enlisted ranks but the majority of Army pilots are direct ascension.
In other countries they are Officers my Warrant which is considered below that of a Commission.

Agreed. My intention was not to belittle enlisted personnel; all the Flight Engineers I flew with in my RAAF days were superlative people; however the RAAF is like the RCAF.. you have to be an officer to physically fly the aeroplanes. Most FE's were Warrant Officers who held the Queens Warrant, different from a Commision.

The pilots in the center are two U. S. Air Force F-16 Viper jet fighter pilots: Chris "Snooze" Kurek (shown in the hoax photo, soaked) and Rob "Trip" Raymond (on the left), flanked by two others. Kurek and Raymond have a two man band called "Dos Gringos".

http://www.usaircombat.com/JetPilot.htm

http://www.horntip.com/mp3/2000s/2003ca_live_at_the_sand_trap__dos_gringos_(CD)/

http://www.dosgringosrocks.com/
Ah, beat me to it. My brother was a big Dos Gringos fan when he was at the air force academy.

If Conspiracy theorists invested more time it their frauds, it would be easier to believe them. After a few years of following these groups am convinced the only thing they thrive in is insulting our intelligence by expecting us to believe them

Another hoax then. Unfortunately they don't really help at all, and are quite possibly counterproductive.
It is a hoax anyway, but in this case there is a hidden message that should reach the ones who distributed the image: it lets the cat out of the bag. The same chemtrail believers are sharing this material without critical analysis:
-The original image is easy to find
-There is a lot of incoherent data (a CW3 and a F16 in the RCAF)
-There are no other references to this person in the internet
-The leaked info is imprecise
just like they did with that Anne K. West. Maybe I take my time and I show them the "hidden message". It could be kinda educational.

there is a hidden message that should reach the ones who distributed the image

It should, however past experience has shown that it does not. It just makes them angry, and so makes things worse. They view it as an attempt to discredit the movement. The fact that they fell for it only shows how much time the "debunkers" put into the hoax, and further proves to them that the debunkers are funded by CIA/MI6/TLA

Hah nice. I was in the Canadian Military about 10 years or so back. I was a non-commission member in the Army, though I always wanted to be in the Air Force as a pilot (never made it, so ended up flying civvy ^^). But yeah, never heard of CW3 in the ranks here, and the army pilot thing was a dead giveaway. Also have to be an officer with a degree to get in. That last image made me chuckle.

Nice one! But yeah, all chemtrailbelievers are in my book [...]

(we try to keep that to a minimum as we want to provide information they'll read themselves)

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't look like it. But it might the reason why the hoax picture has been made. Kind of a spoof thing.

I am not familiar with this photo and debunking. Did I miss this earlier in the Thread or in a different discussion?

I am not familiar with this photo and debunking. Did I miss this earlier in the Thread or in a different discussion?
The Ann West photo and quote is genuine. But it's just a helicopter pilot who left the air force 24 years ago, and now basically repeats all the "alternative" stuff (mostly medicine and diet, but also some spiritual stuff), including chemtrails. She presents no actual evidence.
https://www.facebook.com/annekwest

Out of the tens millions of people who pass through the armed forces, and law enforcement, over the last 40 years, you are going to find a wide range of viewpoints. It's a fallacious appeal to authority, like Kristen Meghan, or Ted Gunderson, or that Canadian regional premier. They bring nothing new to the table, they just repeat what they have read.

The Ann West photo and quote is genuine. But it's just a helicopter pilot who left the air force 24 years ago, and now basically repeats all the "alternative" stuff (mostly medicine and diet, but also some spiritual stuff), including chemtrails. She presents no actual evidence.

Out of the tens millions of people who pass through the armed forces, and law enforcement, over the last 40 years, you are going to find a wide range of viewpoints. It's a fallacious appeal to authority, like Kristen Meghan, or Ted Gunderson, or that Canadian regional premier. They bring nothing new to the table, they just repeat what they have read.
Thanks Mick! What I suspected.

This is actually a good point Mick, and the worst offender in my view is Jesse Ventura AKA James Janos, who inserts the word 'SEAL' into every conversation even when it is totally irrelevant to the subject at hand.

This is actually a good point Mick, and the worst offender in my view is Jesse Ventura AKA James Janos, who inserts the word 'SEAL' into every conversation even when it is totally irrelevant to the subject at hand.
Similar to "Richard Gage AIA"

Hi there,
well beside the Information about West already stated, maybe some more "nerdy" information. There is no "Everygreen Aviation" - the company is called Evergreen International Airlines and provides freight charter for a lot of contractors. And yes, they do have Tanker-Aircrafts - but these are called "Supertanker" and based on the Boeing 747-100 and 200. Both planes are used for fire fighting.
Cheers,
Benni

Doesn't look like it. But it might the reason why the hoax picture has been made. Kind of a spoof thing.

PS: She also talks about Alaska Air - like Evergreen Aviation they do freight charter. But the Airline has and had nothing to do with Evergreen Aviation. Evergreen went bust in 2013, and the 747-100 Supertanker is currently stored at Marana Airfield and will be scrapped anytime soon.

I think she means Atlas Air, which is a cargo carrier much like Evergreen was. (My neighbor flies for Atlas) The operate 747's and 767's as far as I know.

Back