Debunked: Obama Certificate of Live Birth- So Fake It Hurts

CalPolyFan

The Certificate was created using computer software.

An ink typewriter will not create letters that look identical down to the pixel (over and over again). The certificate is fake, fake, fake.

Debunk away, or not, as this video is 100% proof we're dealing with a forgery.

The document was PRINTED, not TYPED. It was then copied.

Both copier and printer run to standard formats which means that there will be certain identical coincidences, but not all of the time.

The fact that sometimes there are different examples of the same letter confirms this. It also confirms you.

You're the guy who ignored the evidence and knew nothing about formats and registration, but had no doubts, and was willing to perpetrate a libel, and no doubt a slander.

Welcome to MetaBunk.

I think the identical letters are a function of the OCR software.

It's interesting the parallels between this hoax and the chemtrails hoax. There's a certain procrustean twisting of science to fit a preconceived notion.

I think the identical letters are a function of the OCR software. It's interesting the parallels between this hoax and the chemtrails hoax. There's a certain procrustean twisting of science to fit a preconceived notion.
By "copied" I meant by scanner or OCR: they both work within a limited digital format.

"Procrustean" is such an efficient word. You may have taught me that some time back. :)

By "copied" I meant by scanner or OCR: they both work within a limited digital format.

"Procrustean" is such an efficient word. You may have taught me that some time back. :)

Yeah, it's from this old (five years ago!) CS post:
http://contrailscience.com/procrustean-science/

But yeah, it's the digitization that created the identical letters. The OCR software has to perform simplification of the letter to extract it from the background, so for the same letter you'll get the same simplification. Note there's several letters that can't be extracted, and lack the white border.

Anyway, this has all been gone over innumerable times. It's just a bit opaque to the average reader.

I think the identical letters are a function of the OCR software.

It's interesting the parallels between this hoax and the chemtrails hoax. There's a certain procrustean twisting of science to fit a preconceived notion.

Actually, I came into the Obama Certificate of Live Birth with a completely open mind- you on the other hand are twisting reality (and the very blatant forgery sitting in front of you to fit YOUR world view) it's very ironic.

If we are being lied to about one subject by the goverment (which we are) The odds are we are being lied to about MORE subjects.. that's how it works. If someone is lying to you, they don't just stop and start being honest, they keep doing it, until they are caught, or stopped.

The identical letters are a function of the OCR software? No.

It wasn't until AFTER I had looked into the issue myself that I searched for "Obama Certificate of Live Birth Digitally Created" and found that others (including Sheriff Arpaio's independent investigation).. Is it any suprise that Arpaio was suddenly thrown under the bus AFTER he started his investigation into the certificate? No, it was retribution for going after the truth of the matter.

How "convenient" is it that we are shown a document that wasn't just scanned at the highest resolution possible, and instead has been "altered by software" (in reality was created by software).. I mean, really, shouldn't we just be seeing a raw-scan at the highest resolution possible? This document is supposed to be "proof of his citizenship" so, they should try and scan the original, as it was.. and I'm sure they would if they could, but sadly, they didn't have an original, as the whole thing is a stinking pile of.. forgery.

There's no picture of anyone holding the actual certificate in their hand, no video zooming in on it in all it's paper glory- it just appears out of thin air digitally and what appears digitally is so obviously forged it insults our intelligence.

Even if this was an "OCR software issue" (which it isn't) many of the matching letters are very, very large, we're dealing with hundreds of pixels that align perfectly! No OCR software will "match" very large numbers and letters like that, that's a forgery- The B for example, too large to "explain away" with an OCR matching glitch, the two large 1s in 151. exactly the same alignment, the Large L's also perfect matches.

Actually, I came into the Obama Certificate of Live Birth with a completely open mind - you on the other hand are twisting reality (and the very blatant forgery sitting in front of you to fit YOUR world view) it's very ironic.
Please don't write stuff like this. I have a cough which won't go away if I'm forced to keep laughing.

If we are being lied to about one subject by the goverment (which we are) The odds are we are being lied to about MORE subjects.. that's how it works. If someone is lying to you, they don't just stop and start being honest, they keep doing it, until they are caught, or stopped.
Which is why I'm stopping you.

The identical letters are a function of the OCR software? No.
They are the consequence of the digital misregistration of two separate formats. Like a stopped clock being correct twice a day, so the misregistration will produced identical (and non-identical) results.

It is quite obvious. You should ask yourself why there are four capital A's all different on your above video illustration. That's what I meant when I wrote "you ignored the evidence". You are still ignoring it.

It wasn't until AFTER I had looked into the issue myself that I searched for "Obama Certificate of Live Birth Digitally Created" and found that others (including Sheriff Arpaio's independent investigation).. Is it any suprise that Arpaio was suddenly thrown under the bus AFTER he started his investigation into the certificate? No, it was retribution for going after the truth of the matter.
No, karma. If you're as dumb as a bag of hammers you're likely to get yourself run over.

it just appears out of thin air digitally and what appears digitally
Isn't the original in Kenya (or Hawaii)? Digitally transmitted?

If you were serious you'd lay a fine grid over the illustration, spaced exactly to match the digital reproduction spacing. Every damn pixel should fall into place within it. If not - then you're correct.

As THAT hasn't been done, and you aren't doing it, then this storm has sprung up due to just - a bag of hammers.

Personally, having read his autobiography and knowing him to be a sensitive and literate person (way above the class of hammers) this is just disgusting BUNK.

It's an optimized scanned PDF, maybe something like Adobe's "Clearscan" where it attempts to create a custom font for the document. But because the resolution was so low, and it's over a noisy background, there were not many matching letters.

What happens is that it looks for matching letters, and replaces them with a copy of the first letter it found, this saves space. See:

http://blogs.adobe.com/acrolaw/2009/05/better_pdf_ocr_clearscan_is_smal/

How does ClearScan work?

ClearScan works by turning the images which represent text characters on the page into smoothed vector outlines. Each character on the page is compared and all matching characters are replaced with a an outline character:

Original

ClearScan

800% View in Acrobat
300 dpi scan​
ClearScan does not replace the font with your system fonts. Rather,a custom font it is created to match the visual appearance of the pixels.
Content from External Source
Then the document has been saves again, at a low resolution, so the clearscan vectors images are re-rendered as identical low resolution bitmaps.

Alternatively it could just be simple bitmap optimization, where characters that are sufficiently similar are made the same.

It's quite clear it's not just a straight bitmap scan, it's been run though some kind of OCR software which has extracted the layers and performed optimization. Probably just the standard setup in whatever office it was scanned in (most business scanning is OCR documents, most consumer scanning is images, hence most of the public is unfamiliar with OCR).

Last edited:
I find it funny that people who actually understand programming, software, and scanning hardware almost to a man/woman, have no doubts about the document, but those who rely purely on "experts" (and You Tube videos or partisan sites) for their opinions always say it's fake. I'm no expert in any of the aforementioned sciences but I completely understand the non-technical explanations such as those here.

I'm absolutely sure that if I went down to our local County offices, dug out an original paper deed from stored archives and then had it compared to the electronic copy which I would get if I just asked at the desk....they would not be identical. Same thing if I had the original paper BC given to my parents when I was born vs the copy I would get from the County where I was born.

They can't possibly store every single scrap of paper since they started keeping track. All they can do is certify the copies as legal.

I somewhat suspect there might be some truth to the conspiracy theory that the Obama people don't release a better scan because the birther nonsense keeps the other side looking a bit unhinged.

There seems no actual benefit to them releasing a HD flat scan. None of the birthers would vote for them anyway.

This video gives a good explanation of how optimization, Clearscan and OCR will produce the results seem:

Some letters after scanning and initial optimization:
[Broken External Image]:http://contrailscience.com/skitch/O...roof_of_Forgery_-_YouTube-20121103-103602.jpg

Here's some identical letters (the C) in their intermediate vector format after Clearscan OCR
[Broken External Image]:http://contrailscience.com/skitch/O...roof_of_Forgery_-_YouTube-20121103-103433.jpg

Then if the PDF is saved out as backwards compatible bitmap format, you'd get identical low resolution bitmap letters.

Just been playing around with this in Adobe acrobat myself. Here's an original scan, then run though the ClearScan OCR, and output as a bitmap (rasterized - i.e. converted from smooth embedded fonts to pixels). Note you get identical letters in the final result, but they are different in the original scan

Hence the original claim is debunked.

Last edited:
Wasn't this the document you could download off the white house website, put into photoshop and literally undo everything that had been added because it hadn't been stamped? Or is this an old release?

Wasn't this the document you could download off the white house website, put into photoshop and literally undo everything that had been added because it hadn't been stamped? Or is this an old release?

The White House has only issued one document. It's a PDF that has been run through OCR, which results in layers and identical characters, as explained above.

I see what you mean. Can you also mimic what this guy does in this video?

http://youtu.be/pi85U0HtU68

He's under the impression certain words were imported and rotated, tampered with, not just creating a layer.

Yes, I saved a file as optimized in Acrobat, and loaded it into Illustrator, and it had some links, even though I had no external files.

So it seems quite reasonable for links to be created as part of the optimization process.

Last edited:

The Certificate was created using computer software.

An ink typewriter will not create letters that look identical down to the pixel (over and over again). The certificate is fake, fake, fake.

Debunk away, or not, as this video is 100% proof we're dealing with a forgery.

ahhahahahhahahhaha you are hilarious... ok so if its faked go file a law suit against the people who put it out and the president for faking such an important document... important because [people] like you have made such a HUGE issue out of it... prove your case in court... get a jury to agree with you... force Hawaii to either produce a real copy of the birth certificate or an explanation... for instance all birth certificates may have been redone as electronic only media after a certain date and the originals thrown out... [...] thanks for the edit ;)

Last edited:

youre also looking at a digital copy or a possible digital copy of a possible digital copy etc... who knows how many digital alterations can occur along the line... like French telephone ever played that?? by the time you get to the final copy it may read birth certificate of Charles manson

youre also looking at a digital copy or a possible digital copy of a possible digital copy etc... who knows how many digital alterations can occur along the line... like French telephone ever played that?? by the time you get to the final copy it may read birth certificate of Charles manson
Not very likely, if you consider the youth of these technologies. :)

Back