Debunked: Fake Snow, Burning Snow.

EPIC

Unfortunately it does not snow round here. I'd have to drive up the mountains. I wouldn't drink it after making it all sooty with the lighter though!

The smell is either coming from the lighter, or from burned gloves or similar. Possibly both.

The way it melts is explained in the OP
Just a few seconds ago I went in my backyard & got some snow. I put it on a plate & used a "match" on the snow instead of a lighter. I struck the match & let it burn for a few seconds before putting the flame to the snow. I then held the flame to the snow until the match burned all the way down it's stick. when I smelled the snow it STILL smelled like BURNT PLASTIC. Why would that be ?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Just a few seconds ago I went in my backyard & got some snow. I put it on a plate & used a "match" on the snow instead of a lighter. I struck the match & let it burn for a few seconds before putting the flame to the snow. I then held the flame to the snow until the match burned all the way down it's stick. when I smelled the snow it STILL smelled like BURNT PLASTIC. Why would that be ?

Incomplete combustion. Try it with a pyrex jug. Same thing.

EPIC

Incomplete combustion. Try it with a pyrex jug. Same thing.

OK, so that I'm clear on what you're saying is that the "pyrex" will smell like burnt plastic too ? I see the picture depicts the "soot" aspect, but I am referring to the "smell" of plastic after I did it and also there was no soot or blackening of my snow, just that smell.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
OK, so that I'm clear on what you're saying is that the "pyrex" will smell like burnt plastic too ? I see the picture depicts the "soot" aspect, but I am referring to the "smell" of plastic after I did it and also there was no soot or blackening of my snow, just that smell.

Yes.

The soot itself is just carbon, which does not really have a smell.

The smell comes from other products of incomplete combustion, specifically polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which are more or less invisible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycyclic_aromatic_hydrocarbon

Mackdog

Senior Member.
Mick, I stumbled across this facebook post this morning. They were talking about you and metabunk in a couple of the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/GregPallen4Congress

This is the actual video he linked to in his post...
I grabbed some snippets of the comments but I cant figure out how to upload a jpeg on here...

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
theres no black because smoke/soot RISES.

[Minor point: technically smoke and soot will fall, as they are heavier than air. They rise because they are entrained in in hot air. It's not an important distinction, just something to keep in mind]

deirdre

Senior Member.
[Minor point: technically smoke and soot will fall, as they are heavier than air. They rise because they are entrained in in hot air. It's not an important distinction, just something to keep in mind]
good point. figured that was common knowledge with flames. they use smoke machines to see how viruses spread through buildings etc too and the smoke floats on air currents until (youre right) the air current is gone and the soot settles.

edit
From The Demon in the Freezer

Last edited:

George B

Extinct but not forgotten Staff Member
Wow! This is fascinating . . . these people really think they have found the 'smoking gun' . . . now along with persistent contrails and their seasonal upper respiratory infections they are convinced they will soon become zombies to TPTB . . . :confused:

Mackdog

Senior Member.
https://www.facebook.com/GregPallen4Congress

The link you dropped for facebook would suggest your also MrGregory1957 ? If so then Im one of the people that you heard about metabunk from. But it wasnt on the video you posted as theres no mention of Metabunk there It was on the video i posted here on this thread post225. Yet it would seem the link I posted for this blog was erased.
No I'm not Mcgregory, and I didn't comment on the facebook post, just simply took note of it and shared it with everyone here.

George B

Extinct but not forgotten Staff Member
He probably will not get elected because the district has a HUGE Democratic lean. In the 2012 election the hank Johnson won 76%-24%. So Greg Pallen can go full CT with no real downside for him.

http://ballotpedia.org/Georgia's_4th_Congressional_District_elections,_2012
The 4th District has been redrawn (new seat) . . but doubt it will give him a better chance . . .
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia's_4th_congressional_district

blargo

The results from 2012 reflect the 2010 redistricting and Hank Johnson won by 76-24, I do not believe any Republican can win minus some scandal.

deirdre

Senior Member.
http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/346/

http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detail/or/snow/?cid=nrcs142p2_046155

M Bornong

Senior Member.

It appears that this video was made 4 days after the event, It looks like Mick was clear in the opening post on why Pallen's snow may have a higher moisture content.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
It appears that this video was made 4 days after the event, It looks like Mick was clear in the opening post on why Pallen's snow may have a higher moisture content.

Yes, his videos show perfectly reasonable snow densities (for old snow). It's not even really clear what his objection is. The snow looks normal. It melts. He didn't stick a flame under it to blacken it.

Necronomicon

I had to sign up to these forums just to say this, dont wanna go off topic but anyone reading this still having doubts I've lived in Colorado ALL MY LIFE. I am now 23 years old, about 11 years ago(That would make me 12) I played around with lighters every once inawhile, and we have always had great big snows(Ones with DRY SNOW AND WET SNOW WE HAVE IT ALL BECAUSE WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERYTHING), But I did the exact thing in the orginal video, Crunching a snow ball together and melting it with a lighter. Back than it did the exact same thing it did now, It turned a bit black and was barely burning but I could see the water being leeched into the rest of the snow ball. Back then I was intelligent enough to know the way I was holding the flame is making this black/soot like texture and that this would take forever to melt(Keep in mind I was 12). I even grabbed another and tried giving the flame more oxygen/space and viola! No soot and its still being leeched into the snowball itself and taking awhile to melt. That was when I was 12... and I already knew this... now seeing these grown people and reading these comments.... its just baffling... THIS IS MAKING US LOOK REALLY STUPID, even though I know some of you are still sane.

The most interesting part I find about this story is, Alot of VIDEOS DEBUNKING THE SNOW IN A VERY INTELLIGENT WAY ARE OF PEOPLE THAT ARE FROM COLORADO ALSO AND SEE SNOW ALL THE TIME AND ALOT OF IT. And the ones saying OH NO PLASTIC IN MY SNOW, are in regions that dont get heavy snows very often,or none at all. Yes it was very cold... we got to 10 below... and of course its gonna make some nice fluffy snow... Why are you guys not enjoying it? instead you're afraid of it? This is crazy... Most Of Colorado.. I know I do, we love the snow and we know all the properties it brings... Just some Bad road conditions and thats it. WHAT WE should be debunking is how people that have never even melted snow with a lighter before, are all of a sudden are a expert at it and they think its gonna just melt and drip all over, so then they grab a icecube/or ice shavings(LIKE THEY SAW IN THE ORGINAL VIDEO) ( VERY DENSE NOT LIKE SNOW FLAKES AT ALL!!!) and of course its gonna make alot of water... its pure frozen water and it cannot asorb the water back into it.

To sum it up, I did the exact same thing like 6 years and its the same as today. These people have literally no clue of how the snowflakes are made, heck I bet they dont even know how most of the earth works... Science is a great way to understand the world. These people WOULD THINK ITS THE END OF THE WORLD if they saw what a real rare event that happens when the ground is Frozen and heated up and repeated, and thats called FROST QUAKES when the grounds cracks/makes loud noises/even some static electricity is made(This happened to my backyard a bit and it was awesome). Why cant they be surprsied by that? We had the perfect weather for them and some did happen, but instead a majority of some people are looking at the ol' snow. I bet they couldent even understand how FROST FLOWERS are made, almost the way a Frost Quake is made, but done on sea, heck there is even a theroy they could be a source of polar atmospheric aerosol having high chemical concentrations of tropospheric bromine monoxide(Getting off topic sorry). But they wouldent know what there hearing/seeing because they dont have a understanding of how it works in a scientific way, they just see what someone else did they try out it out and of course its the same results.. and here you are.... I feel sorry for the people that actually know its regular snow and are trying to tell the lunatics that think its - fake snow/plastic... and so on... get a better understanding of your earth people.

Last edited:

Leifer

Senior Member.
I've searched YouTube for a "snow pipe".
As a former pothead (20 years ago), we made improvised pipes from anything.....apples, foil wrap, carrots, etc....
I could certainly see someone making a pipe made of compacted snow.....and I have little doubt it has been done by someone, somewhere.
I don't know what this might bring to this discussion other than......the compacted snow pipe would not melt and fall apart during it's temporary use.

EDIT...found one....(excuse the juvenile behavior)

Last edited:

Critical Thinker

Senior Member.
I've searched YouTube for a "snow pipe".
As a former pothead (20 years ago), we made improvised pipes from anything.....apples, foil wrap, carrots, etc....
I could certainly see someone making a pipe made of compacted snow.....and I have little doubt it has been done by someone, somewhere.
I don't know what this might bring to this discussion other than......the compacted snow pipe would not melt and fall apart during it's temporary use.

Look up snow bong...download.jpg

FuzzyUK

I'm not familiar with this woman called Rev Michelle Hopkins but she's making some extraordinary claims about the snow in this video which is starting to go viral.

Hi Emelin,

Here's the full transcription to the video:
(also uploaded here: http://www.fusniak.co.uk/revmichelle_narration.html )

WARNED AGAINST SHARING THIS MICROSCOPIC ANALYSIS of US ARTIFICIAL SNOW - SEE WHAT the DOD is HIDING!

Narration by Rev Michelle Hopkins.

12:38 End of narration.

Last edited:

solrey

Senior Member.
One of the organisms that I found is a Genetically Engineered Organism that was discovered in 2010. It''s called Pseudomonas syringae and what it does is it creates freezing at low temperatures thus destroying crops. Pseudomonas syringe - it was engineered to destroy crops and it's being reigned down on us, and here we see evidence of another reason for this Military application which is "life saving", OK? (slight chuckle) Sarcasm alert here!

MichelleHopkins must have stumbled onto an article or research paper on Pseudomonas syringae that happened to be published in 2010 or something but naturally occurring ice nucleating bacteria, including P. syringae, have been studied for over 40 years. A genetically modified version, there is a natural mutant also, that lacks the ice nucleating proteins has been developed in order to protect crops from frost damage. She has a habit of taking a snippet of truth and twisting it into something grotesque. The way she makes stuff up about shapes she sees in poor quality microscope images like identifying depleted uranium or P. syringae is exactly what she did with random patterns in low resolution pixelated images of the ocean floor on Google Maps and claiming to have found "Tesla Tech Arrays". She's a bit, shall we say... loopy?

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=pseudomonas+syringae+ice+nucleation&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0,38

http://aem.asm.org/content/28/3/456.full.pdf

http://aem.asm.org/content/36/6/831.full.pdf

http://aem.asm.org/content/44/5/1059.full.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC214252/pdf/jbacter00215-0369.pdf

http://aem.asm.org/content/53/10/2520.full.pdf

http://aem.asm.org/content/60/9/3128.full.pdf

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
My online local forecast, I'm in NE Georgia.
Rain and snow showers mixed late. Some sleet may mix in. Low 34F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 90%. Current temp is 46F

Bill

Senior Member.
My online local forecast, I'm in NE Georgia.
Rain and snow showers mixed late. Some sleet may mix in. Low 34F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 90%. Current temp is 46F
Glad to know there's someone else in NE Ga that hasn't gone down the rabbit hole. This area can be dumbfounding from time to time.

Bill

Senior Member.
How do you know the squirrel is artificial? I bet you haven't even tried to set it on fire yet.
I feed the squirrels in my yard GMO crops. They are all 2 and 1/2 feet tall and seem to be making stone tools. Some of the younger ones hang around in groups and make the older ones nervous. I'm not about to try and set one on fire.

PandyFackler

I feed the squirrels in my yard GMO crops. They are all 2 and 1/2 feet tall and seem to be making stone tools. Some of the younger ones hang around in groups and make the older ones nervous. I'm not about to try and set one on fire.

I understand you have your concerns, but where is your dedication to the scientific process?

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Debunked: A Snow Test for Signs of Geoengineering, Portland Oregon Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Patrick Gonzalez Debunked: missing cable on Perseverance landing footage proves it is fake. General Discussion 3
Mick West Debunked: Biden in "Fake" Oval Office Election 2020 27
P Debunked: UN hidden camera: the first UFO contact happened [Deep Fake] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
A Debunked : Fake Set Moon Landing with TV Camera and Stairs Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Debunked: Photo with Sun Rays at Odd Angles Flat Earth 0
deirdre Debunked: Exemption from military service doc proves Jews had foreknowledge of WW2 (fake leaflet) General Discussion 0
Rory Debunked: "You must love yourself before you love another" - fake Buddha quote Quotes Debunked 7
tadaaa Debunked: Fake photos-Novichok attack Russian 'agents' (side by side gates) General Discussion 34
FlightMuj Debunked: Lack of fingernail bruise injury proves Apollo 17 fake Conspiracy Theories 23
deirdre Debunked: Lights chasing each other carving holes in clouds (fake video, fallstreak holes) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
Mick West Debunked: CIA Agent Confesses On Deathbed: ‘We Blew Up WTC7 On 9/11’ [HOAX] 9/11 12
Mick West Debunked: "Fake" live chat from the International Space Station (ISS) with Boise State Flat Earth 10
Mick West Debunked: Cargo Plane Carrying "Nukes" to Korea [French Air Display] General Discussion 5
Mick West Debunked: Donald Trump Promises to Reopen 9/11 Probe [Fake News] 9/11 4
Spiemel Fontus - self-filling water bottle (indiegogo scam campaign?) Science and Pseudoscience 185
Georgie G Debunked: SpaceX Rocket Crash Landing Anomalies General Discussion 21
Mick West Debunked: English Young Father Assaulted by Muslim Mob in Baildon, UK [White Youths] General Discussion 12
Mick West Debunked: Furious American Citizens In San Bernardino Burn Down Radical Islamic Mosque General Discussion 20
deirdre Debunked: Medical Examiner 'caught' setting up fake crime scene Sandy Hook 4
Graham2001 Debunked: 'First' FEMA Camp opens in Arizona Conspiracy Theories 7
E Debunked: Virginia Shooting Hoax Claims - Lack of visible shell casings mean fake gun Conspiracy Theories 22
Mick West Debunked: Chattanooga shooting victim fake Conspiracy Theories 6
Mick West Debunked: CyberBerkut Video Supposedly Showing Staged ISIS beheading of Foley Conspiracy Theories 37
Graham2001 Debunked: FVX Research [Fake Web Site] Conspiracy Theories 1
Mick West Debunked: The latest ISIS video of two Japanese men is a fake, shadows wrong [Perspective] Conspiracy Theories 109
Redwood Debunked: Google photos show Ottawa Parliament bullet holes are fake Conspiracy Theories 115
Mick West Debunked: Paramagnetic Paint - Color Changing Cars [Hoax: After Effects Fake] Science and Pseudoscience 13
Max Debunked: Stonehenge fake?? [Patched with concrete in the 1950s] Conspiracy Theories 66
Jason Debunked: MH17: Supposed satellite video of missile launch [Fake] Flight MH17 14
Mick West Debunked: Tail Sprayers & Fake Infrared [Contrail Gaps and Photoshop] Contrails and Chemtrails 75
Svartbjørn Debunked: Orlando Roller Coaster Fatalities [Stock Fake Photo, Swedish Coaster] General Discussion 7
derwoodii [Debunked] Jeff Rothschild. In order to finalize the New World Order we need a 3rd world war [Fake] Quotes Debunked 6
Balance Debunked: MH370 Passenger Philip Wood sends Photo/Text from Diego Garcia [Fake EXIF GPS Data] Flight MH370 142
Lode Debunked: Fake City / "US Army Trains for Martial Law In US." General Discussion 168
Mick West Debunked: CNNs Fake News Broadcasts - Charles Jaco and the Fake Live Gulf War Reports Conspiracy Theories 222
CalPolyFan Debunked: Obama Certificate of Live Birth- So Fake It Hurts Conspiracy Theories 21
Mick West Debunked: Fake photo of triangle UFO and contrail Contrails and Chemtrails 4
TEEJ Debunked: Claim that Joe Biden's hand passes through microphone during White House press gaggle, 16th March 2021 Election 2020 8
bird_up Debunked: "Interdimensional being" caught on CCTV in Neza, Mexico UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 6
M Debunked: Atmospheric pressure on Mars is 9 PSI, not 0.09 PSI as claimed by NASA Science and Pseudoscience 75
TEEJ Debunked: Biden's Oval Office "Coming Apart at the Seams" [It's a Door] Election 2020 19
derrick06 Debunked: UFO over California Highway (TMZ) UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
P Debunked: 7 Alleged photos of aliens UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 8
Mick West Debunked: Biden signing "Blank" Executive Orders Election 2020 5
Mick West Debunked: 94% of Fulton County Ballots Manually Adjudicated [It's a Process all Batches go Through] Election 2020 0
Mick West Debunked: "Missile Strike" caused Nashville Explosion General Discussion 3
Mick West Debunked: Nashville Explosion was "Across the Street" from the RV General Discussion 0
Mick West Debunked: "Error rate of 68.5% Allowable is .0008%" [Neither is True] Election 2020 4
Mick West Debunked: Claim that the Electoral College Count On Jan 6 will Change the Election Election 2020 136
Related Articles

Related Articles