Claim - they've found the Calvine location

Considering the size of the area and the intervening thirty years, what distinguishes one bit-of-fence-with-tree from another?

The blend between the images gives the impression of some kind of continuity between the two images (original Calvine UFO photo and proposed location), but when presented as a flip between them, it's clear that there is nothing to connect them other than they both show a tree overhanging a wire fence.
Calvine_Location_Comparison.gif

The tree being different between thw two images is imaterial due to the growth, but to my knowledge fences don't naturally sprout extra posts and have post thicknesses and angles change.

I can see nothing that connects these two images other than they both show a random tree overhanging a random wire fence.

It was difficult to grab the frame at the very end of the video, so there is some small percentage of the proposed location image in the UFO image (in particular the outline of the nearside hillside). This was not in the original version of the UFO photo, so should not be concidered when comparing the two images.

How a scene looks, perspectively, depends almost entirely on what lens was used. If we don't know that, we cannot try to compare scenes in my opinion.

"fences don't naturally sprout extra posts and have post thicknesses and angles change."

And fences are never repaired or replaced?

Last edited by a moderator:
And fences are never repaired or replaced?
Not only that, they are sometimes removed entirely. Or installed where previously there was no fence. And trees sometimes die, or grow where no tree previously stood. Trying to find the site by casting about for something that looks similar is a waste of time, though I suppose any excuse to hike about the Scottish countryside for fresh air and exercise is good.

Back